Page 818 of 822 FirstFirst ... 318718768808814815816817818819820821822 LastLast
Results 12,256 to 12,270 of 12326
    BANNED

Reread teh first and second issue

Night and day difference in dialogue and flow

Read the final issue of The Life and Captain Marvel #5. It was delayed, but so worth the wait. It was dramatic, heartfelt, and powerful. It brought out the best in Carol Danvers on every level. It connected the present with the past. I couldn't be more satisfied with how it turned out.

Stohl really ended things on a high note. She saved her best for last. Now, Carol is in good hands with Kelly Thompson moving forward. I have a feeling 2019 is going to be a marvelous year for Carol.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The first couple issues of this were really, really good. The last was a considerable step down. It felt like a lot of potential was wasted. Also, I'm cool with deliberate retcons, like what happened with her mother. I'm less cool with sloppy continuity. The Mar-Vell scenes felt like the latter. I'm also not sure if her mother dying was needed for the story. That being said, I enjoyed this story overall. Margaret Stohl's run has been much maligned. I think it's fairly average comics overall, but I think it's unfairly hated. Still, now that Carol has Kree connections, it's possible she's gaining more of a family than she's lost.

Or, you know, they could all have been killed in the many times the Kree civilization was nearly wiped out.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Am I reading too much into that Carol/Tony interaction in that last issue, or were other people picking up a pretty hefty dose of romance there? I hope I'm wrong, because I would object to that on a whole lot of levels.

I thought this was a good ending. I don't think they could have made this final issue any better, considering that last issue had already given all the answers after the mistery, drama and cliffhangers of the first three. I think it would have felt a little better had it not been delayed though. Kinda expected her mom to die and I actually got spoiled before reading, so there was no surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Barton616 View Post
    Am I reading too much into that Carol/Tony interaction in that last issue, or were other people picking up a pretty hefty dose of romance there? I hope I'm wrong, because I would object to that on a whole lot of levels.
    I don't know if I'd read that much into it. I think the romantic vibe came more from the art than the dialogue. Carol and Tony have always been close (when they aren't trying to kill each other)... but I don't think that's a line they'd cross. (And I mean in this universe. We'll ignore them sleeping together in the Ultimate universe.) And technically, since Tony's still her AA sponsor, they aren't supposed to have any romantic involvement. Whether or not the writers will remember that little detail is another question.

... on another topic, poor Carol. The writers have just been picking off her family one by one. It wasn't THAT long ago that Brian Reed killed her father.

It's weird seeing Tony and Carol so close when they can't stand each other in Avengers.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    And technically, since Tony's still her AA sponsor, they aren't supposed to have any romantic involvement. Whether or not the writers will remember that little detail is another question.
    It's been a while since they've mentioned that if memory serves me correctly.

I doubt that will happen, also Tony just got into a relationship with Janet not too long ago.

Yeah, he's dating the Winsome Wasp, so any notion of romancing Captain Marvel is off the table. Besides, remember who Carol's last boyfriend was? War Machine? Wouldn't it be betraying Rhodey if he dated Carol?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Tony has typically had a big brother attitude with Carol. Obviously, Civil War II notwithstanding, but even then, there's the nice Invincible Iron Man tie-in where they both go to the same AA meeting and shows how they've supported each other in the past.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Barton616 View Post
    They're just close friends. Now let's see this carryover into Avengers.

The way Aaron is writing them in Avengers is just ridiculous. Even before this mini, Carol had already shown that she cared about Tony and shown remorse for how things went on Civil War on her previous ongoing.

BANNED

aaron's writing everyone weird

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I don't know if I'd read that much into it. I think the romantic vibe came more from the art than the dialogue. Carol and Tony have always been close (when they aren't trying to kill each other)... but I don't think that's a line they'd cross. (And I mean in this universe. We'll ignore them sleeping together in the Ultimate universe.) And technically, since Tony's still her AA sponsor, they aren't supposed to have any romantic involvement. Whether or not the writers will remember that little detail is another question.

... on another topic, poor Carol. The writers have just been picking off her family one by one. It wasn't THAT long ago that Brian Reed killed her father.
    With how Aaron is writing them and this arc, I feel like they are trying to gear up for a Carol/Tony romance. I really really do. As you said, it depends of the writers remember and sometimes I feel like they "forget" details like that.

Personally,I feel like that would be a bad idea. I realize they're close, but no way should they be a romantic couple imo.

And yeah... they're really dragging Carol through it. She's an orphan now.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast