Page 813 of 822 FirstFirst ... 313713763803809810811812813814815816817 ... LastLast
Results 12,181 to 12,195 of 12326
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yes (Avengers Assemble and all it's subsequent re-brandings).
    Ah, well I didn't like Avengers Assemble when it started so I wouldn't have watched it anyways LOL.

Anyways...Back to Carol Danvers...

I'm interested to see what her Movie is going to be like when it comes out.

Yes (Avengers Assemble and all it's subsequent re-brandings).
    Not a fan of that AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (SECRET WARS etc.) adaptation in general and this portrayal of Carol in particular. Her first appearance literally had heavy-handed lines like "Let a woman show you boys how it's DONE". The characterization may have softened in subsequent seasons... Also not a fan of the color blocking distribution of this version of the suit.

Snaps for naming her craft “Kelly Sue”’
    Last edited by Thirteen; 12-13-2018 at 07:11 AM.

I thought Carol was handled pretty great in EMH, from the portrayal, characterization, Hale as her voice, etc.

I haven't been all that crazy about how they handle her in the current Avengers cartoons though.
    I thought it was pretty solid. Actually, EMH is about the only Marvel cartoon that I don't hate watching with my kids.

I had hoped that new Rising thing would be on the same level as the DC Super Hero Girls, but what little me and my little girl have watched so far doesn't seem like it makes the cut. I mean, she likes it, and that's all that matters, but I wish I could get her to watch some EMH again, or better yet, Young Justice and/or JLU. But she's bored with the reruns.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I too preferred EMH Carol, but I have a feeling that the next season of Assemble will be a Carol run season ala Avengers Assemble: Kree-Skrull War just as this season was all Black Panther.

Is it just me, or does Jason Aaron consistently write Carol as a bitch?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    He was probably forced to put her on Avengers by editorial. The characters he actually wants to write are the Caveman Avengers counterparts...

Astonishing Member

Speaking of designs, here's some rejected redesigns Dexter Soy released on Twitter:
    I like C, D and E.

I think E might be a little too retro -- form fitting bodysuits aren't very en vogue these days. I like C better than D -- which has too many design elements, IMHO. C, though, is very close to Mar-Vell's second uniform (which was a very strong design).

'A' looks like something a film designer would create -- thus, it's very lacking in personality. B looks better suited to a Road Warrior type of character.

I like the black/red combos in these. The current color scheme is so old-school to me. It works for Super-Man, Wonder Woman and Captain America. But they are very old characters and icons.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I think E might be a little too retro -- form fitting bodysuits aren't very en vogue these days. I like C better than D -- which has too many design elements, IMHO. C, though, is very close to Mar-Vell's second uniform (which was a very strong design).
    E was included as an alternate costume for Carol in the now-defunct Marvel Heroes game. While I never used it (I always kept Carol in her McKelvie Captain Marvel duds), I did keep it in my inventory... as I appreciated the little nod to Soy's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I had hoped that new Rising thing would be on the same level as the DC Super Hero Girls, but what little me and my little girl have watched so far doesn't seem like it makes the cut. I mean, she likes it, and that's all that matters, but I wish I could get her to watch some EMH again, or better yet, Young Justice and/or JLU. But she's bored with the reruns.
    Marvel Rising actually reminded me a lot of the older Marvel cartoons in terms of the story and how it handled the characters and their dynamics, and even reminded me of some DC shows.

I though Carol was okay in it even if she really didn't do much. I think they could tone down the hero-worship a little (although I get that's a major part of Kamala's character).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lojack View Post
    I too preferred EMH Carol, but I have a feeling that the next season of Assemble will be a Carol run season ala Avengers Assemble: Kree-Skrull War just as this season was all Black Panther.
    I don't think there is going to be a next season of Assemble. Supposedly all the current Marvel cartoons are ending with their current seasons.

They might get something Carol-focused out there eventually, but they might wait until the movie comes out so they have something to base her new personality off of.

Yesterday at my job, we had a "town hall meeting" (a public forum of sorts welcome to all staff to attend for discussing the direction of the organization) and an hour was spent playing a trivia game to see how well folks knew each other and the organization as a whole, via an app to log answers for the questions presented. Employees were encouraged to enter a name of their choosing to recognize their accumulated points to secure prizes at the end.

THREE employees chose their title as "Captain Marvel" and I was absolutely DESPERATE to make the board/panel reveal who they were so we could become friends. Alas, I had no such luck. ha ha ha. But its lovely to know that fans exist in my place of employment. ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yesterday at my job, we had a "town hall meeting" (a public forum of sorts welcome to all staff to attend for discussing the direction of the organization) and an hour was spent playing a trivia game to see how well folks knew each other and the organization as a whole, via an app to log answers for the questions presented. Employees were encouraged to enter a name of their choosing to recognize their accumulated points to secure prizes at the end.

THREE employees chose their title as "Captain Marvel" and I was absolutely DESPERATE to make the board/panel reveal who they were so we could become friends. Alas, I had no such luck. ha ha ha. But its lovely to know that fans exist in my place of employment. ha ha.
    Can I come work with you?

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Can I come work with you?
    Pediatric Hospital is rad AF

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

That's actually pretty cool. Hope you find out who they are

.... what does that even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    .... what does that even mean?
    That he writes her as treating everyone like ****?