Page 455 of 822 FirstFirst ... 355405445451452453454455456457458459465505555 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,825 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    wow i loved this issue. Tony has his point of view but its totally a jerk by blaming Carol! Hey Rhodey is a hero, more than that, like Carol, he's an Avanger and SOLDIER! Carol and Rhodey, first of all think about other lives, even if that means putting their own at risk. Tony wasnt the only one who had feelings for Rhodey. So no, you cant put personal problems in first place. Its a hero thing going on here.

Also loved the art and writing. Bendis and Marquez are just aweosome. Bendis put both perspectives on the table. I laughed and i cried. Could feel Carol's pain. More than ever.. im Team Captain Marvel!
    I was pretty mad when Tony was like "You don't talk about him". Wtf? Doesn't he know about Carol and Rhodes relationship? Anyone could have died on that. Like I read on the review post, even without the pre-cog, Thanos would attack and they would have to fight him and someone could possibly die like that anyway. I really hope Bendis himself doesn't think is understandable for him to act like he did.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

That was the right thing to do. Bad things can happen but it was the best thing and they were aware of that, Its Thanos! Heroes have died before during battles. Its sad, its a tragedy but its a risk. And the mission was successful.
    Last edited by RafDanvers; 06-01-2016 at 02:07 PM.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

By the way, Bendis just addressed that champagne cup Carol was holding while Tony was drinking soda, when celebrating their victory.

He said that :

"None Tony or Carol are drinking alcohol, promise. Its a point going foward."

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

It's all happening! Brie Larson the Frontrunner to Play Captain Marvel (EXCLUSIVE)

Sources tell Variety Marvel is in early talks with Larson to play Captain Marvel in the studio’s standalone project. It is unknown where things stand in negotiations, but sources have told Variety that Larson is the first choice, and that she’s leaning toward playing the part.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

There's a part of me that has to take everything with a grain of salt until somebody from Marvel says something.

But hey, why not? The casting directors at Marvel have proven to be very good at their jobs. Whoever they pick, whether or not this is true, is likely to rock.

Hey, Im actually not too far behind the news for once!

I have no idea who this Brie Larston person is, but she's an Academy Award winner, which is something, and a quick Google search brought me a ton of photos that prove she looks the part. There's even a few of her with short hair that's fairly Carol-esque. She's pretty, but not so dainty she looks helpless. I could be down for this.

And as lily said, Marvel knows what they're doing. So if this is true and she does take the part....great, that means we're likely going to see Carol before 2019.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Variety is a solid source, but nothing is official yet. If it works out, though, I suspect it'll be a good choice. I haven't seen her in anything, but she's definitely talented and she looks the part. Maybe a bit young, but she'll be older when the movie actually comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I was pretty mad when Tony was like "You don't talk about him". Wtf? Doesn't he know about Carol and Rhodes relationship? Anyone could have died on that. Like I read on the review post, even without the pre-cog, Thanos would attack and they would have to fight him and someone could possibly die like that anyway. I really hope Bendis himself doesn't think is understandable for him to act like he did.
    well i think tony is a quite emotional, vulnerable man and usually doesn't hide his feelings because he can't handle it, sometimes makes others hurt. I agreed that it's wrong when he blamed Carol for this tragedy, but it was plausible reaction to me. He is a super hero, but not a soldier, i think that makes a difference. I look forward Tony's side in the next one. When i saw this issue, I felt that Carol and Steve rogers had a lot in common, in a way that they treated those situations. Carol is fragile in comparison with him, she couldn't easily get over it, but it makes stories and characters much more fascinating.
    Last edited by vacuum09; 06-01-2016 at 08:12 PM.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I know everyone has a lot of favorite TV actresses in mind for Carol (me included), but to lead her own marquee movie that's also Marvel's first female solo film it makes sense that they'd want a name they can bank on and Brie's profile has never been higher. Also, I must admit, she already looks the part!
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Tony getting pissy at Carol in CWII kinda bugged me. She was doing her job. Literally, her job. Her job is to protect the Earth from space-borne threats. Thanos is a space-borne threat. She received a tip with actionable intelligence from a trustworthy source, and she acted on it. This is literally her job and how she should do it, because that is what actual, real-world police do all the time. They gather information - which does often come in the form of tips from sources they build relationships with - on criminal activities that will happen, they stake out the location where the crime will take place, and when it happens, they move in and make arrests. This is one of the fundamental bases of police work. And that's what she's doing so far.

Now, if she starts arresting people before they commit crimes, then yes, that will be going too far and she'll need to be pulled back. But that's not what we're seeing in this issue. What we're seeing in this issue is her doing her actual job in the precise way she should be doing her job. And then Tony Stark telling her she's wrong for doing the job in the way she is supposed to do it.

Brie Larson was on my Top 5 list to play my Captain Marvel!! I get so excited when a new rumor surfaces but this one seems very real, since we are actually very close to an official announcement. Where there's smoke....

Also, Brie looks older than her age, she'll be around 28 -29 when Captain Marvel movie starts shooting. Shes a OSCAR winner come on, that gives even more credit to the movie! My only concern is.. the baby blue eyes.. but it can be sorted out!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    Brie Larson was on my Top 5 list to play my Captain Marvel!! I get so excited when a new rumor surfaces but this one seems very real, since we are actually very close to an official announcement. Where there's smoke....

Also, Brie looks older than her age, she'll be around 28 -29 when Captain Marvel movie starts shooting. Shes a OSCAR winner come on, that gives even more credit to the movie! My only concern is.. the baby blue eyes.. but it can be sorted out!
    Brie Larson, this Woman, this Warrior...

BANNED

i wonder who the other actresses will be next ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Tony getting pissy at Carol in CWII kinda bugged me. She was doing her job. Literally, her job. Her job is to protect the Earth from space-borne threats. Thanos is a space-borne threat. She received a tip with actionable intelligence from a trustworthy source, and she acted on it. This is literally her job and how she should do it, because that is what actual, real-world police do all the time. They gather information - which does often come in the form of tips from sources they build relationships with - on criminal activities that will happen, they stake out the location where the crime will take place, and when it happens, they move in and make arrests. This is one of the fundamental bases of police work. And that's what she's doing so far.

Now, if she starts arresting people before they commit crimes, then yes, that will be going too far and she'll need to be pulled back. But that's not what we're seeing in this issue. What we're seeing in this issue is her doing her actual job in the precise way she should be doing her job. And then Tony Stark telling her she's wrong for doing the job in the way she is supposed to do it.
    Because Stark already went down that path at least twice, or three times, counting the Age of Ultron movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post

Boy, I agree with this completely. The whole set up doesn't really make sense for CWII. But, I'm pretty happy to have Bendis writing Carol again (his was my first and still favorite characterization of her) so I'll stick with the series.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers