Page 731 of 822 FirstFirst ... 231631681721727728729730731732733734735741781 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,965 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    did they cast her mother, yet? should be a pretty important role.
    I saw some speculation she might be Carol's Mother/A Scientist but nothing confirmed yet but still great casting.

The MCU has managed to replace the X-men as my favorites with the Avengers due in part to how good the MCU is and how poorly Marvel comics have been in recent years. I never got into the Avenger comics nor their solo series as a kid. And Captain America was my least favorite Marvel character. Now Thor and Cap are my top two replacing Rogue(mostly because of how she was "partly" Carol in the 80's) and Wolverine. I enjoyed Carol when she was part of the X-men, and her run as Ms Marvel during Secret Invasion, but since she became Captain Marvel I have been disappointed with a lot of her development especially the recent stories. I occasionally pickup an issue to see if her stories are improving.

I am hoping the movie can take the best parts of her character/history and turn her into one of my favorites like Thor and Cap. I am very excited for her movie, and looking forward to her possibly laying the hurt on Thanos in Avengers 4.

How was Carol in the Ultimates series? I avoided it due to how America and Carol were written in their solo series at the time.
    Last edited by MikaelNovasun; 05-10-2018 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I saw some speculation she might be Carol's Mother/A Scientist but nothing confirmed yet but still great casting.
    Hell, I'd accept Annette Bening as playing CAROL herself!
    Looks like she's cast the scientist mom though...any word on casting Dad Danvers? I wonder if in the shuffling of the Carol Marvel origin, we might see a shift in the roles of her parents from Carol rebelling against the domineering paternal presence to Carol being raised by a mother with exceptional expectations of her. Would fit Bening's profile as an actress to play a larger than life woman.
    https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-a...bening-mother/
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-10-2018 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    How was Carol in the Ultimates series? I avoided it due to how America and Carol were written in their solo series at the time.
    I misread this as a question about Carol Danvers in the Ultimate Universe, forgetting for a moment that she was the leader of the 616 Team Title "Ultimates" as well. But being down that rabbit hole already... Did Ultimate Carol ever get powered up or did she just remain a high ranking SHIELD asskicking type?
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-10-2018 at 07:11 AM.

Invincible Member

The MCU has managed to replace the X-men as my favorites with the Avengers due in part to how good the MCU is and how poorly Marvel comics have been in recent years. I never got into the Avenger comics nor their solo series as a kid. And Captain America was my least favorite Marvel character. Now Thor and Cap are my top two replacing Rogue(mostly because of how she was "partly" Carol in the 80's) and Wolverine. I enjoyed Carol when she was part of the X-men, and her run as Ms Marvel during Secret Invasion, but since she became Captain Marvel I have been disappointed with a lot of her development especially the recent stories. I occasionally pickup an issue to see if her stories are improving.

I am hoping the movie can take the best parts of her character/history and turn her into one of my favorites like Thor and Cap. I am very excited for her movie, and looking forward to her possibly laying the hurt on Thanos in Avengers 4.

Personality wise she was fine, but it's not a series to get if you're looking for action. The title was really about Metaphysics.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I misread this as a question about Carol Danvers in the Ultimate Universe, forgetting for a moment that she was the leader of the 616 Team Title "Ultimates" as well. But being down that rabbit hole already... Did Ultimate Carol ever get powered up or did she just remain a high ranking SHIELD asskicking type?

Wow. Ulitmate Carol I think... I'll have to find those back issues.

In anycase From the Wiki:

Abilities
    Experienced S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.

Strength level
    Normal human female who engages in intensive regular exercise.

She never became Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel in this universe, and after Mahr Vehl, neither of these superhero identities was used
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Invincible Member

To the best of my knowledge Ult Carol never got powers. It's just as well...the last couple years of that line were really miss handled ( outside of Ult Spiderman). I'm sure if she became Ult Ms Marvel/Binary or whoever, they would have botched the job.

She was ok. She had some cool moments and wasn't portrayed badly imo(though they touch a bit on CWII, but that was inevitable). Ultimates is more of a plot-driven than character-driven series though so I don't think there's that much character development for her. America there was written NOTHING like her solo(that had her completely OOC for most of the time... No, she doesn't usually go around saying stuff like "Holy menstruation!", Gabby Rivera), so no need to avoid it for that reason.

Looks like she's cast the scientist mom though...any word on casting Dad Danvers? I wonder if in the shuffling of the Carol Marvel origin, we might see a shift in the roles of her parents from Carol rebelling against the domineering paternal presence to Carol being raised by a mother with exceptional expectations of her. Would fit Bening's profile as an actress to play a larger than life woman.
    Saw this posted on another thread showing Carol's parental dynamic....

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Ms. Marvel #14 Feb 1978
    "Fear Stalks Floor 40"
    While going to visit her father at his construction site, Carol has to save his life from a fatal fall as Ms. Marvel.
    Quickly fleeing to change back into Carol and visit her father, the visit soon becomes ugly when Joseph Danvers' sexist ideals are aired,

causing Carol to storm out. While back in New York at the Woman Magazine offices,

Carol's office is burgled by a mysterious robber who assaults Frank Gianelli before fleeing.
    Back in Boston, Carol has a feeling she is being followed and flees as Ms. Marvel, unaware that she almost had a brush with Dracula.

Ms. Marvel then has a premonition of her father being threatened by a man claiming to be the villain known as the Steeplejack.
    Going to her father's rescue, Ms. Marvel saves his life and quickly defeats Steeplejack, who is revealed to be Maxwell Plumm,
    the former employer of the original Steeplejack. Afterwards, Ms. Marvel tries to get her father to thank her,
    but sees that his experiences being saved by Ms. Marvel twice in one night has not changed his attitude towards women.
    Her mother, seeing through Carol's disguise, tells her not to judge her father too harshly.

Chris Claremont script. Carmine Infantino & Steve Leialoha art.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if they'll go into Carol's, difficult, relationship with her father in the film? The MCU just LOVES it's daddy issues after all.

I'm a little disappointed that the mother won't be the standard housewife. I thought that was a source of some drama in the story. Carol's father was very much the type to expect a woman to be traditional like that. I wonder how they'll rework it or if her dad will even be against her joining the military.

Carol pretty much replaced Nick Fuy in that universe. scott lang really got the shaft in the re-envisioning process. I had just gotten used to him being absolutely hairless. then they just erased him w/o any explanation and had an adult (?) Cassie show up as Giant-Woman. would it have hurt them to at least have her say that she was related to the guy? sheesh.

Astonishing Member

Was she the leader of the ultimates in 616, I was felt it was more T'Challa or chavez?

either way, that ultimates version of carol looks very cool, I wish the agents of shield show got that super spy look like that right

Astonishing Member

larson looks much more the part there

Is that an official image of her?

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    larson looks much more the part there

Is that an official image of her?
    unfortunately, not.

there is only one official but low quality.

still waiting for more.

today is the last day of principal shooting.

we should get more info on late June to early July.