Page 196 of 822 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296696 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I honestly don't expect Secret Wars to impact her that heavily.
    I agree, at least not long-term, since her movie will be coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    You think they can make that mask and mohawk translate to the big screen?
    I think the helmet could work, but not the mohawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    The mask? Yes. The Mohawk? No.
    Agreed.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Since Kamala Khan got me back into comics, my next step was to check out the previous Ms. and current Captain Marvel. I didn't know anything about Carol Danvers or Captain Marvel before I started reading this title. I discovered two things: Kelly Sue DeConnick is one of the best writers going, and I love Carol. I've read the previous series, her first as Captain, and I've read Avengers Assemble and the current Avengers title to catch up on her other adventures. As long as KSD gets to keep writing Carol, then I'm not going to worry about the upcoming soft reboot of Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by PopuluxeCowboy View Post
    Since Kamala Khan got me back into comics, my next step was to check out the previous Ms. and current Captain Marvel. I didn't know anything about Carol Danvers or Captain Marvel before I started reading this title. I discovered two things: Kelly Sue DeConnick is one of the best writers going, and I love Carol. I've read the previous series, her first as Captain, and I've read Avengers Assemble and the current Avengers title to catch up on her other adventures. As long as KSD gets to keep writing Carol, then I'm not going to worry about the upcoming soft reboot of Marvel.
    Welcome to the Carol Corps!

We're a happy little cult.

One of us! One of us!

Welcome to the Carol Corps!

We're a happy little cult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordel View Post
    One of us! One of us!
    Yes I am, and happily so. Every issue is full of action and comedy and drama. And one issue was a freaking rock opera! A ROCK OPERA! So so good...

BANNED

I honestly don't expect Secret Wars to impact her that heavily.
    There has been some speculation (crazy, I know) that Carol's time as Ms. Marvel and the previous characters to hold the mantle will be erased to make her the only Captain Marvel (a plan that I'm sure is meant to undermine the X-Men).

I don't really feel this theory. Carol's history with Mar-Vell is a major part of her origin story and taking up of the CM mantle (even with the amnesia tumor). And her legacy as Ms. Marvel inspired Kamalah. And both of the two developments are recent enough, and are sustained almost purely on fan support, that shaking that bush isn't logical.

I don't think the helmet will be too big a deal. Unless your name is Tony Stark they generally don't like putting you in a mask or helmet for too long in the movies anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I don't think the helmet will be too big a deal. Unless your name is Tony Stark they generally don't like putting you in a mask or helmet for too long in the movies anyway.
    They make up for it with a lot of "Tony facing his HUD" scenes.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    There has been some speculation (crazy, I know) that Carol's time as Ms. Marvel and the previous characters to hold the mantle will be erased to make her the only Captain Marvel (a plan that I'm sure is meant to undermine the X-Men).

I don't really feel this theory. Carol's history with Mar-Vell is a major part of her origin story and taking up of the CM mantle (even with the amnesia tumor). And her legacy as Ms. Marvel inspired Kamalah. And both of the two developments are recent enough, and are sustained almost purely on fan support, that shaking that bush isn't logical.
    I doubt they would erase Mar-vell, but I could see them undoing all the random 'vells' in between. Making the mantle a direct transition or whatever you want to call it. Trying to strengthen the association with the title and Carol.

I could also see them not touching it at all, since it's not really affecting anything either way at this point.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Yay! Im counting on the full on costume.The helmet is so unique and cosmic! Hope when it's on, her hair gets mohawk. The comic outfit is very good for the big screen!
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post

Are we talking post-Secret Wars or is this more ridiculous MCU conspiracy theory garbage?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fordel View Post
    I doubt they would erase Mar-vell, but I could see them undoing all the random 'vells' in between. Making the mantle a direct transition or whatever you want to call it. Trying to strengthen the association with the title and Carol.

I could also see them not touching it at all, since it's not really affecting anything either way at this point.
    REVOLTING!!!! To erase all the hard work that Roger Stern did with the character Monica Rambeau and the hard work that Peter David did with the character Genis-Vell bonded to Rick Jones...
    Should marvel comics indeed erase that and make a direct transition to Carol Danvers they earn the disgust and loathing of long-time readers of 616 marvel comics who LOVED Monica Rambeau and Genis-Vell bonded to Rick Jones as CAPTAIN MARVEL

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

They werent worthy. Carol is.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

That's harsh, yo.

BANNED

Captain Mar-Vell was kind of a big deal back in the 70s, but every other Captain Marvel was just a placeholder so Marvel could keep the name. I'm pretty sure they'll still keep Monica around, but she would have always been known as Spectrum, or some other Na,e that isn't Captain Marvel. With that being said, there are waaaaay too many Captain Marvels. I'm all for this idea erasing all other 'Vells' from continuity.