Page 132 of 822 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232632 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    Inhumans was trending in the UK. there were 5 UK trending topics related to Marvel, I think Carol was one.
    She was. Her, #MarvelEvent, Chadwick Boseman, Black Panther, Infinity War. I don't actually recall Inhumans popping up on my dash but I'll take your word for it.

And yes, I did squee.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Spectacular Member

So not to bring back up the Mar-Vell argument but I would like to point out that the most recent new person recap didn't mention Mar-Vell at all.

Kit's adorable. I love that she wrote a biography of Carol's life to help her reconnect after Enemy Within. Its such a little kid thing to do.

I want to see a Possible Future story where she's taken up the Captain Marvel name after Carol retires/dies/whatever. I mean, she's a little girl living in the Statue of Liberty with her hero. That kid doesnt really have any options *other* than to grow up to be amazing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

So if I were to start reading a book should I start with Brian Reed's Ms. Marvel or Kelly Sue's Captain Marvel?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Kit's adorable. I love that she wrote a biography of Carol's life to help her reconnect after Enemy Within. Its such a little kid thing to do.
    Yeah, I agree, I loved issue 17 and I wish it was possible to read a follow up to that.

Marvel please make Kit and Kamela friends and have them hang out.
    Last edited by Jon Rock; 10-29-2014 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Wrong Issue Number, Dropped the 1

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    So if I were to start reading a book should I start with Brian Reed's Ms. Marvel or Kelly Sue's Captain Marvel?
    Either. Both. Whichever.

If you're asking whether there's something in the Reed run you need in order to 'get' what DeConnick's done so far, no, you don't. You won't lose anything by skipping straight to 'In Pursuit of Flight'. That said, Reed's take on Carol is still fun and fairly recognizable as the same Carol flying around today, and most of his run is enjoyable. I'd say start with the KSD run, and if that grabs you, head to the start of the Reed series and, as lilyinblue said, read 'til you stop liking it.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Either. Both. Whichever.

If you're asking whether there's something in the Reed run you need in order to 'get' what DeConnick's done so far, no, you don't. You won't lose anything by skipping straight to 'In Pursuit of Flight'. That said, Reed's take on Carol is still fun and fairly recognizable as the same Carol flying around today, and most of his run is enjoyable. I'd say start with the KSD run, and if that grabs you, head to the start of the Reed series and, as lilyinblue said, read 'til you stop liking it.
    Only posting to pretty much say...

... what he said.

And honestly, if the KSD run doesn't grab you... try the Reed run anyway. They are definitely very different books.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Either. Both. Whichever.

Also depending on how you feel about 70's Claremont you can probably find the Essential Ms. Marvel book which Claremont writes most of for cheap, it isn't as easy to see Modern Carol in that series as in the newer stuff, and you need a bit of an understanding of Feminism in the 70's to completely get everything(for example the name and why she's writing a magazine), but it's an enjoyable series, and I don't regret reading it.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Never liked her in the Ms.Marvel identity made her sound to much like an amateur.
    Kamela will serve the identity well.
    ??? I just want to say that this phrase confuses me. Millions of professional women use this prefix everyday in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

lol
    Lol, "It's Carol bitch!"

Damn Britney looks good. She needs to wear a costume like that in one of her Vegas tours.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    ??? I just want to say that this phrase confuses me. Millions of professional women use this prefix everyday in real life.
    Yeah I don't understand the dislike for the Ms. Marvel codename either. It is an original name she came up with and it suits her well. I like Captain Marvel too, but its been used by fifty million other characters before and is not a unique codename for Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Yeah I don't understand the dislike for the Ms. Marvel codename either. It is an original name she came up with and it suits her well. I like Captain Marvel too, but its been used by fifty million other characters before and is not a unique codename for Carol.
    My general objection is that it's a bit dated. It was a name designed to make a political statement... in the 1970s. It doesn't really make a statement anymore. Because, as ed said, "millions of professional women use it" every day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Rock View Post
    Yeah, I agree, I loved issue 7 and I wish it was possible to read a follow up to that.

Marvel please make Kit and Kamela friends and have them hang out.
    I can see Kit and Kamala's first meeting being very hostile (Kitt not digging someone taking Carol's title) but then they bond in their love for superheroes.

Warbird is a badass name...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I can see Kit and Kamala's first meeting being very hostile (Kitt not digging someone taking Carol's title) but then they bond in their love for superheroes.
    I disagree, Kit is very much part of the Captain Marvel club, (Lt. Trouble as a sidekick name doesn't really work with Ms. Marvel) and as such would be fine with having a Ms. Marvel take inspiration from Carol, at least that's my view on the situation.