Page 503 of 822 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513553603 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    it's bloody stupid though, that you have to read the tie ins to get her side of the story. It should be in the main series.
    Yeah, I gotta agree with this. Carol is a major player in this whole thing, and props to her book for humanizing her side a lot more and making things more balanced.

So why the hell isn't all this stuff in the main book? People who are buying the main CWII book only won't get any of this.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Shes acting perfectly based on what motivates her (what we see in her book, her tie in). It'd be impossible to have 10 or more issues to tell everything. They focus on Tony now and they will focus on Carol on the following issues. Stay tuned. As Bendis said, don't worry, there's a lot to happen.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

OMG, The newest issue was released! I'm not able to read it now, but I can't wait
    I couldn't see all of the comments that you guys wrote, I guess this one is pretty awesome, too!!

This issue's great. I love how it shows just how hard she's working to be responsible and avoid problems. It's really cool to see. Also, this panel:

gungrab (2).jpg

That is such an amazing panel. It's such a great superhero panel. It's like a Superman panel, in the best way possible. Anka and Wilson just killed it with that panel. And the rest of the issue, of course, but that one really stands out.

Fantastic Member

Gage and Anka you mean, since Wilson isn’t on Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Distraction View Post
    Gage and Anka you mean, since Wilson isn’t on Captain Marvel.
    No, I mean Kris Anka and Matt Wilson, the colour artist. It's a silent panel, so it's not the writing that makes it work, it's the art. The Gages did presumably include the panel in the script, but it's the art - both lines and colours - that made it stand out so much. And as great as Kris Anka's lines are in the panel, Matt Wilson's colours really do bring it to life.

It's important to credit colour artists, too. And Matt Wilson's one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I like the heart to heart that she had with Clint in today's issue.
    I know I'm asking for spoliers but can I have a bit more info?

Wanda supports Carol's side in the Civil War:

tumblr_oca4tbKFuw1toofg4o1_1280.jpg

Anka and Wilson are a great team. Sad this was Ankas last issue though D:
    Last edited by Seren; 08-25-2016 at 07:28 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Very big grain of salt but someone claims to have early details about the movie.

spoilers:
    CAPTAIN MARVEL
    Very early stages of production, the studio is meeting with numerous potential directors
    Carol Danvers will be introduced and get her powers in "Avengers: Infinity War" after an encounter with Kree technology during a battle with Thanos
    Yon-Rogg will be the villain
    Writers are still figuring out the supporting cast, but two characters already confirmed are Monica Rambeau and Karla Sofen
    Although he won't be involved in her origin, there are discussions to include Mar-Vell, the original Captain Marvel from the comics
    One of the biggest arguments is whether they should give Carol Danvers a romantic storyline in the movie. There's been talks of adding either Mar-Vell or her original firstg boyfriend Michael Barnett, or maybe even a version of Dr. Philip Lawson, Mar-Vell's secret identity, unaffiliated with Mar-Vell
    The studio is really careful with this one, as they want Captain Marvel to become one of their stahlwart characters.
    end of spoilers

This is very likely bullshit (I stopped listening after "4Chan") but thought I'd post it before someone else did.

Quote Originally Posted by WaxHawk View Post
    I know I'm asking for spoliers but can I have a bit more info?
    They spoke about how lonely Carol is ("nobody to talk to except you"), about the possibility of her actions getting Kamala killed, and just generally "am I doing the right thing?".

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They spoke about how lonely Carol is ("nobody to talk to except you"), about the possibility of her actions getting Kamala killed, and just generally "am I doing the right thing?".
    I found it odd that she didn't mention Jess in this. Sadly, Jess hasn't really been mentioned in this volume at all and I think it's one of the things hurting the series now, Carol's lack of relationships. (Don't get me started on how the whole Rhodey relationship has just been thrown in with very little emotional resonance since KSD's second volume, erg). Thankfully, they're interacting brilliantly in Spider-Woman. But this book really suffers from the lack of it for me.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Thanks. I haven't been reading this - I'm a little surprised that this is the types of conversation she would have with him. They are closer than I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    I found it odd that she didn't mention Jess in this. Sadly, Jess hasn't really been mentioned in this volume at all and I think it's one of the things hurting the series now, Carol's lack of relationships. (Don't get me started on how the whole Rhodey relationship has just been thrown in with very little emotional resonance since KSD's second volume, erg). Thankfully, they're interacting brilliantly in Spider-Woman. But this book really suffers from the lack of it for me.
    Gotta agree with you on this Klynn.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Just read the latest issue:

Whenever anyone asks for essential reading orders for the original Civil War, I always include the Iron Man issues - not because they're particularly relevant (they're not) but because they feature a nice breakfast table conversation with Tony that gets his perspective and allows him to come off reasonable. Granted, the argument is very similar to the one here (basically, that they're under pressure from all sides and are trying to pick the middle ground) and history didn't judge Tony kindly there either. But I think it's important in the overall consideration.

This issue included Stewart Cadwell, an unfortunately mean-spirited addition to Secret Wars II (since it was a shot at Steve Gerber). Maybe because this is Civil War II, it was a deliberate addition (he should appear in every II event). I can't tell how I feel about this one. Certainly, he comes off in a more sympathetic light.

Side note, but it's unfortunately a second month in a row with an editor miss. This time, they wrote "the UN delegates they came assassinate." Instead of "came to assassinate." Shame to see when they're being sloppy like that.