Page 492 of 822 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496502542592 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 12326
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    She seems pretty satisfied at DC. I don't see her leaving there any time soon.

Edit: Actually, I get the feeling that, in addition to enjoying the books she works on at DC, she also wants to improve DC's overall culture in regards to women, and will stay to keep fighting for them to get better. Which, you know, more power to her.
    i just wish she does that for both companies. i would love to see her work at Marvel . i mean if she can also work on some Cosmic series or at least The Inhumans or Nick Fury Sr. 's life. infact , i actually like to see her write for Wolverine.

She seems pretty satisfied at DC. I don't see her leaving there any time soon.

Edit: Actually, I get the feeling that, in addition to enjoying the books she works on at DC, she also wants to improve DC's overall culture in regards to women, and will stay to keep fighting for them to get better. Which, you know, more power to her.
    Didn't she quit DC to work in independent projects? Also there are other female writers at DC and some male writers that are also filling the task.

Mighty Member

I really don't know how the fuck you twist Clint running rough shod on his own, to being something equivalent to Genocide or cloning dead friends to kill other friends, or throwing friends into the negative zone or using actual super villains to capture your own friends.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    i just wish she does that for both companies. i would love to see her work at Marvel . i mean if she can also work on some Cosmic series or at least The Inhumans or Nick Fury Sr. 's life. infact , i actually like to see her write for Wolverine.
    She's exclusive to DC. And they like to keep her busy. So, yeah, I wouldn't expect her to do any more Marvel work for a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Didn't she quit DC to work in independent projects? Also there are other female writers at DC and some male writers that are also filling the task.
    As far as I know, she still does DC work. And there are other female writers at DC, but Simone's the most prominent, and probably the most outspoken.

She's exclusive to DC. And they like to keep her busy. So, yeah, I wouldn't expect her to do any more Marvel work for a long, long time.

As far as I know, she still does DC work. And there are other female writers at DC, but Simone's the most prominent, and probably the most outspoken.
    Amanda Connner is the one that could have easily the same amount of prominence that Gail has.

I love the irony of this event. The people on Tony side talk like judging people by visions of the future is the worst thing a human being could do, and yet, they're always judging Carol for what they think she's going to do next.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    but wasn't this part of the original sin stuff? what was the sin?
    That Tony fixed the bomb so it wouldn't kill anyone, but Banner fixed it back and that's what caused him to become The Hulk. Banner doesn't know that as Tony kept it from him as he knew it would destroy Banner.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I really don't know how the fuck you twist Clint running rough shod on his own, to being something equivalent to Genocide or cloning dead friends to kill other friends, or throwing friends into the negative zone or using actual super villains to capture your own friends.
    I don't know about genocide, but Carol was with Tony on what they were doing in the first CW. Her and Reed just get more of a pass than Tony does.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Invincible Member

I thought Gail was doing some indie work in addition to her DC stuff? I'm pretty sure she was writing Red Sonja for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I thought Gail was doing some indie work in addition to her DC stuff? I'm pretty sure she was writing Red Sonja for a bit.
    Gail is currently working primarily on creator-owned projects for Vertigo (The Clean Room), Image (upcoming Crosswinds) and Dark Horse (upcoming Wonderfall). Her run on Red Sonja is over but just recently announced she's involved with a video game based on it. She also recently hinted at a new book at one of the big two, but has specifically stated that she wouldn't feel comfortable on Captain Marvel because she feels KSD's voice was best on that book.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Creator-owned work is exempt from exclusivity contracts. Someone exclusive to Marvel or DC can still do work for Image, and probably Dark Horse or other smaller publishers as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Gail is currently working primarily on creator-owned projects for Vertigo (The Clean Room), Image (upcoming Crosswinds) and Dark Horse (upcoming Wonderfall). Her run on Red Sonja is over but just recently announced she's involved with a video game based on it. She also recently hinted at a new book at one of the big two, but has specifically stated that she wouldn't feel comfortable on Captain Marvel because she feels KSD's voice was best on that book.

wish she can do other Marvel works. she'd be really good on Spider-man, Daredevil, Thor, Punisher, and Moon knight .

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    That's interesting. I wonder if there isn't another "traditional" Marvel female that Gail is more attracted to.

I keep going back and forth over whether or not to get Clean Room

Invincible Member

Creator-owned work is exempt from exclusivity contracts. Someone exclusive to Marvel or DC can still do work for Image, and probably Dark Horse or other smaller publishers as well.
    I guess that's a good deal for the creators. But it sounds like "exclusive" only counts if it concerns superheroes for the Big Two?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I love the irony of this event. The people on Tony side talk like judging people by visions of the future is the worst thing a human being could do, and yet, they're always judging Carol for what they think she's going to do next.
    Yeah, Tony is also using data to predict the future and coming up with something crazy and asinine that, lo and behold, comes true.