Page 494 of 822 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544594 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Also in Ultimates #9, had Carol not used Ulysses then the Infinaut would have crashed into Earth and ripped it to shreds. I may not agree with how Carol is doing things but at least it is working.
    Actually, they still would have had a small amount of warning before the Infinaut appeared, and would have repelled him. But they wouldn't have been able to help him. Ulysses allowed them to solve the problem, rather than just kick it down the road again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Actually, they still would have had a small amount of warning before the Infinaut appeared, and would have repelled him. But they wouldn't have been able to help him. Ulysses allowed them to solve the problem, rather than just kick it down the road again.
    Small amount of warning? From what or who? If Ulysses hadn't predicted it, it would have been far too late co side ring the place and speed at which the Infinaut appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Small amount of warning? From what or who? If Ulysses hadn't predicted it, it would have been far too late co side ring the place and speed at which the Infinaut appeared.
    From the issue: "But by now, the procedure to deal with it is fairly routine. The international community keeps watch for certain ripples or ruptures in local space. That gives us roughly ten hours' warning. More than enough time to dissuade the creature . . . temporarily."

And later: Ulysses: "You guys can stop him, right?"
    Blue Marvel: "Oh, without a doubt. I've done it half a dozen time myself. But this was never about stopping him, Ulysses. We wouldn't have needed your warning if that was all we wanted to do."

BANNED

Marvel is trying to ruin Carol now. I only look forward to her movie. I mean, they can't even add Carol to that awful Avengers Assemble cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Marvel is trying to ruin Carol now. I only look forward to her movie. I mean, they can't even add Carol to that awful Avengers Assemble cartoon.
    Well, if their treatment of the FF and the X-men is anything to go by, they are not trying to ruin her; because that would illogical given that they care and love her so much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, if their treatment of the FF and the X-men is anything to go by, they are not trying to ruin her; because that would illogical given that they care and love her so much.
    How? By constantly relaunching her book? If Marvel actually cared, they wouldn't hire two new writers, just to ditch them after writing only four books.

How? By constantly relaunching her book? If Marvel actually cared, they wouldn't hire two new writers, just to ditch them after writing only four books.
    Butters and Fazekas were, unfortunately, a bit of stunt-casting, it seems. The Gages were mostly just fill-in writers to keep the book going until Stohl could take it over. Marvel's not trying to ruin her; quite the contrary, they're trying to find a way to make her book really click into place and get stronger sales.

Eh, i have no idea.
    You should ask that to the people that insist that DisMarvel still loves the X-men; like the poster above this post.

Bluebird

She's apparently showing up in a later episode (unless she's there now), and she'll be on the new Avengers team when it becomes Secret Wars next season.

BANNED

i think that Colleen Clinkenbeard should voice her. she's got all of Carol's traits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    i think that Colleen Clinkenbeard should voice her. she's got all of Carol's traits.
    Sorry to burst you're bubble, but Grey Griffin will be voicing Carol.

BANNED

Sorry to burst you're bubble, but Grey Griffin will be voicing Carol.
    yeah, and actually guys, to be honest here, but,there are honestly way more people better suited for Carol than Jennifer Hale. i like her but she definitely didn't have Carol's overall qualities. yeah carol is tough as nail but she was actually alot more flawed than that. i say the 90s series, april stewart, and grey delisle captured her best than Hale. honestly she is more better suited for Elsa Bloodstone, Pheonix, Jean Grey, Siryn, Jessica Jones(right next to whitney rodgers and caitlin glass), and quite possibly a few others . when reading the comics i always imagine someone like Colleen Clinkenbeard as Carol . the woman has the overall qualities of carol danvers. when reading the comics i always imagine carol to be alot more flawed and i honestly see Colleen doing that role. Jennifer's role as the character is overhyped for some odd reason tbh.now don't get me wrong, i like her in the role but there are honestly way more actresses who are better suited for the role than her tbh. just want to give my two cents.

I dunno man. Bringing in the Agent Carter showrunners to write the opening arc of the series was certainly stunt-casting but also obviously an attempt to pull in interest, and Im sure those two cost more to hire than your average comics writer. And they're bringing in a novelist in a couple months, which again seems to be an attempt to generate more attention for Carol outside the usual comics community, while still using names "our" circles will recognize. I dont think that'll last any longer than Butters did, but stunt-casting isnt supposed to be a long-term thing.

I think if Marvel were trying to ruin her they'd just drop her into limbo. And Carol is showing up in all the games and will be a major character in the next season of the cartoon too, from what I hear. But constant re-launches are the new Marvel thing. They do it to everyone. Spider-Gwen got five issues before a relaunch. Five!! And she's showing up everywhere it seems and is a cosplay favorite, so I dont see Marvel trying to sabotage the character. Iron Man is getting a relaunch and I doubt Marvel is trying to ruin that brand. Though putting a new character in one of the books and Doom in the other is certainly a questionable choice.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I dunno man. Bringing in the Agent Carter showrunners to write the opening arc of the series was certainly stunt-casting but also obviously an attempt to pull in interest, and Im sure those two cost more to hire than your average comics writer. And they're bringing in a novelist in a couple months, which again seems to be an attempt to generate more attention for Carol outside the usual comics community, while still using names "our" circles will recognize. I dont think that'll last any longer than Butters did, but stunt-casting isnt supposed to be a long-term thing.

I think if Marvel were trying to ruin her they'd just drop her into limbo. And Carol is showing up in all the games and will be a major character in the next season of the cartoon too, from what I hear. But constant re-launches are the new Marvel thing. They do it to everyone. Spider-Gwen got five issues before a relaunch. Five!! And she's showing up everywhere it seems and is a cosplay favorite, so I dont see Marvel trying to sabotage the character. Iron Man is getting a relaunch and I doubt Marvel is trying to ruin that brand. Though putting a new character in one of the books and Doom in the other is certainly a questionable choice.
    I think they think it's a reasonable risk. Superior Spiderman got fans talking and Jane Foster Thor sold well, so Marvel probably figured why not double down and do both tropes at the same time

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Sorry but you know nothing about the character. She went from coadjvant to primer female! She's at her peak. She's living her dream to be among the best. She is starring CWII, is getting a movie... Marvel did the best to her. They are making her even more popular now, after the event, when she's gonna be the most popular hero within the MU. Sorry, but no.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!