Page 258 of 822 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358758 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 12326

That is a fantastic image. Picture = 1000 words etc. It pretty much TLDR the evolution of Carol.

^

Great image. It's such a good time to be a fan of this woman. She's gotten such a push, it's only a matter of time before she becomes the icon she deserves to be. I kind of wish I'd gotten into the comics sooner and could've watched her become more prominent in the Marvel U from the late 90s to now.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

YEAAA! Im soooo glad i saw her becoming the hero she always wanted to be! The costume and hero name change was such an important BIG deal for her. For the character and commercially. She is much more respected and received a HUGE push! Marvel will have it's #1 lady with the comics and the upcoming movie! Cant believe! So well deserved.
    Last edited by RafDanvers; 04-24-2015 at 04:27 PM.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...of-secret-wars
    A fan worried about apparently low-selling series, like "Captain Marvel" and "Ms. Marvel," asked about sales numbers and if Marvel ever planned on releasing digital sales numbers, to which Nick Lowe responded that the numbers online are generally wrong and very low. All their book sales are private, but he assured the fan that "Ms. Marvel" is in no danger of cancellation, citing how well the trade paperbacks for that series, "Hawkeye" and "Captain Marvel" sell. Lowe assured the fan that those books are in no danger of being canceled. "We've got really big Captain Marvel plans for years to come that I can't wait to share with you," said Lowe.
    Always a good thing to hear.

Well on sites like comixology MS.Marvel is a top seller. Captain gets better great sales and reviews there too. Is Carol Corp out yet?

Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-25-2015 at 02:44 PM.

So why is Carol Danvers called Captain Marvel? Shouldn`t Carol be called Just Marvel or The Marvel as Carol is the main Marvel and the other characters use Captain or Ms as they are an extension to her as The "main" Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post
    So why is Carol Danvers called Captain Marvel? Shouldn`t Carol be called Just Marvel or The Marvel as Carol is the main Marvel and the other characters use Captain or Ms as they are an extension to her as The "main" Marvel
    In-story? Because she's honouring a man she felt was one of the great heroes. Because she feels it's a name that goes to the best heroes, and that she's worthy of it.

From a business standpoint, it's to keep the Captain Marvel trademark. Also, 'Captain' is a fairly common part of superhero codenames.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    Do not believe everything your hear. Low sales usually lead to cancellation and then relaunch with a new creative team, of which Marvel keeps private. Just like they said that the She-Hulk and Spider-Girl(Anya's run)was doing great. Yet they cancelled Charles Soule's She-Hulk series. While Soule said that the series was always going to be 12 issues, why wasn't that announced beforehand as a 12 issue limited series? Because they wanted to see how well they will sell by keeping the initial run quiet...

While Lowe said that the Captain Marvel series will go on for years, does that mean that Kelly Sue will be onboard for years to come while her creator owned projects takes so much time away from her work at Marvel? I am assuming that KSD will leave Captain Marvel to focus on her creator owned projects which are doing very well.

To me, digital sales are no different from regular printed sales. No one a Marvel's going to admit that they books are not doing very well until they officially cancel them.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 04-27-2015 at 01:21 AM.

mahmudasrar

Jobbroni

[QUOTE=Holt;1124980]

CAPTAIN MARVEL & THE CAROL CORPS #2
    KELLY SUE DECONNICK & KELLY THOMPSON (w)
    DAVID LOPEZ (a/C)
    Variant Cover by TBA
    • Let’s get you spun up, Airman!
    • After the explosive events last issue, Captain Marvel and her Carol Corps are determined to never again be left in the dark.
    • Together they begin a secret and highly dangerous campaign... to go where no one has gone before.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    *SECRET WARS SERIES[/IMG]
    Some pretty, pretty covers!
    Last edited by albone; 04-27-2015 at 12:53 PM.

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    @Mark: I get what you're saying. Civil War was a difficult event for most of us (not just Carol fans, but, y'know, anyone with working eyes and a brain who paid attention to the damn thing) and twisted a lot of characters in ways that weren't agreeable. Plus the changes took a damn long time to get over.

Here's the thing though: they ARE over now. Have their been other events since that've changed things? Yes, but by and large CW is far off in the rear-view mirror and its aftereffects have worn off. In particular, this whole 'Carol is a thug' thing you found so objectionable? Not a factor now. KSD hasn't been writing this character as a thug. Hell, I'd argue Brian Reed didn't either, and tried his damndest to illustrate the internal battles Carol was forced to wage with herself just to keep going, but it's pretty clear you're not going to agree with that so whatever. Point is, that phase of her life is over and just like Marcus (or any other thing we don't wanna mention) it isn't getting brought up again. Carol, as Captain Marvel, has been free to act for the good of the whole population, not just the ones that vote the right way.

Following any given superhero means accepting their stumbles, especially in the Marvel U. The only 'perfect' hero they ever had was Captain America, and Hickman's Avengers run has seen him turn into an impotent, short-tempered senior citizen who's plainly way out of his depth. Nobody has a 100% record anymore. Most of us can understand that, and forgive it. I don't know why you can't.

And can we please stop it with attaching conspiracy theories to the Enemy Within mindwipe? It was an effective dramatic tool to exercise stakes that partly succeeded by riffing on an aspect of Carol's past and taking it in a different direction. That's all it is. The actual damage done to her memory, long-term, has been negligible in a way that's actually kind of hilarious; other than suddenly taking Jim Rhodes as a boyfriend, Carol's relationships to the people around her haven't changed one iota, and excluding some occasional moments of melancholy her general behaviour is the same. She's the same damn character, and guess what? All those 'past events' that you say KSD was deliberately obliterating as part of some weird-ass conspiracy? They weren't a goddamn factor anyway. What's past is prologue, and most stories don't repeat their own prologue 23 chapters in.
    Hmmmm, this is very well said. Honestly, it took me a while to have a short memory about some of this, and it doesn't hurt to avoid message boards for a while. :P

I can't say that I've been overly wowed by KSD's run on Captain Marvel but I've been getting it because I love Carol and optimistic about her future in comics and in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Do not believe everything your hear. Low sales usually lead to cancellation and then relaunch with a new creative team, of which Marvel keeps private. Just like they said that the She-Hulk and Spider-Girl(Anya's run)was doing great. Yet they cancelled Charles Soule's She-Hulk series. While Soule said that the series was always going to be 12 issues, why wasn't that announced beforehand as a 12 issue limited series? Because they wanted to see how well they will sell by keeping the initial run quiet...

While Lowe said that the Captain Marvel series will go on for years, does that mean that Kelly Sue will be onboard for years to come while her creator owned projects takes so much time away from her work at Marvel? I am assuming that KSD will leave Captain Marvel to focus on her creator owned projects which are doing very well.
    KSD seems to really like writing Captain Marvel. She's got immense love for the fanbase. So I don't see her leaving any time soon. She's got Bitch Planet and the upcoming second volume of Pretty Deadly, but I'm sure she can manage her time well enough to do it.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

LOVING those A-Force previews!!! And variant covers! Captain Marvel is there!! Looks like the 616 one!
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    In-story? Because she's honouring a man she felt was one of the great heroes. Because she feels it's a name that goes to the best heroes, and that she's worthy of it.

From a business standpoint, it's to keep the Captain Marvel trademark. Also, 'Captain' is a fairly common part of superhero codenames
    You mean like...Captain Underpants? :-p http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Underpants
    Just think, if Carol changed her name to Captain Underpants! She could say I get all my costumes at Victoria's Secret or Fredricks of Hollywood! :-p

I'm just wondering if "Carol Corps" is going to be something akin to "Black Sheep Squadran", a 1970's tv show (it was on NBC)that largely fictionalised the exploits of Gregory "Pappy" Boyington and his Marine Corsair squad #214, "The Black Sheep". For some of you, this was before your time. Me, I was about 12 or maybe 13 when this show was on TV.