Page 270 of 822 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370770 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 12326
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    I adore Carol, but I miss MAR-VELL. SO BADLY.
    They should bring back Mar-vell. To kill him off was terrible as he had a lot of potential going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    They should bring back Mar-vell. To kill him off was terrible as he had a lot of potential going forward.
    No he didn't. Mar-Vell was a bland character who never found a particularly large audience. There's a reason his books kept getting cancelled. Marvel pushed him as hard as they possibly could, and most readers just went, "Meh." His death was the single best story he ever had, and it's the main reason people still remember him.

Mar-Vell was a mid-tier character who was never going to rise beyond being a mid-tier character, no matter how hard Marvel tried to make him big. If he'd survived, he would've kept changing every couple years as Marvel tried to find a direction that got people's attention, and odds are nothing would've worked, so he would've continued to be a character with a small fanbase. Killing him turned him into a legend, which he never would've been able to achieve by staying alive.

I'm not sure that he did have potential going forward to be honest... which is why they made such a big deal about him dieing and how his legacy inspires future heroes etc etc.

His most defining story was the one of his death and how it affected everyone around him, hero and villain and everything in between. I don't see what would be gained from bringing him back and diminishing all that. He's been sorta resurrected a few times now and it pretty much does nothing to further his narrative or characterization. Brought back through <reasons>, throws himself on heroic funeral pyre to save countless lives, legacy remains as before.

He has more impact as a lesson and symbol to aspire to, then as an actual living character.

BANNED

Well, I know Carol Danvers will last more than him because check this out.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/24675/marv...s_to_disney_xd

I haven't seen that cartoon, hope it turns out well though.

Hope they get Jennifer Hale back for the voice!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Me too! She was amazing in EMH! I just hope they do her character Justice and avoid the trope of getting in girl fights all the time. Carol needs to beat up guys too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    He had his moment, but he's kind of boring. No way he's coming up. We have Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel. We don't need another one.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Random question, is Brian Reed's series a good place to start reading about Carol or should I go back before then?

You can start there and be perfectly fine. Anything older is REALLY old and not really relevant to anything anymore.

Even Reed's run isn't super relevant honestly, it was tied up into a LOT of events that have long since passed us by now. Lots of Civil War stuff and the aftermath of that. It's still a pretty pivotal run on Carol though, put her back on the map and setup a lot of her current characterization. I'm not the biggest fan of the run myself, but others enjoy it well enough.

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by heiro5 View Post
    Well, this is just outstanding. Elegant lines, beautiful colors.

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Random question, is Brian Reed's series a good place to start reading about Carol or should I go back before then?
    Brian Reed's run was solid. I think Bendis did a good job of Carol in the New Avengers as well.

It wouldn't hurt to check out earlier installments, but your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That would be awesome, though whoever ends up playing her I'm sure it'll be an A-List VA like most of the animated Avengers .

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...olie-to-direct

It's rumored Charlize Theron is being looked at to play Carol.