Page 423 of 822 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427433473523 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,345 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    From Alexander Lozarno, one of the artists on the Civil War movie.

Not crazy about the sash/belt or the gloves, but everything else looks pretty good .

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I'd have to do math... and I don't feel like it. But... She-Hulk is one of Marvel's top women in terms of # of solo issues. I don't know if Carol's finally beaten her or not... but if she did, it was only in the past year probably. Definitely shouldn't count Jen out.
    I thought Spider-Girl (Mayday Parker) still held the record with all her subsequent series? Maybe Carol's also beaten her in that regard at this point, but I've seen it stated that Mayday's book was one of the longest-running female solo titles at Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not crazy about the sash/belt or the gloves, but everything else looks pretty good .

I thought Spider-Girl (Mayday Parker) still held the record with all her subsequent series? Maybe Carol's also beaten her in that regard at this point, but I've seen it stated that Mayday's book was one of the longest-running female solo titles at Marvel.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Spider-Girl still held it. As I recall, she had it by a fairly wide margin...

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

the book gets better and better every issue! Im super proud of what Kelly and the previous artists have done and they deserve every praise but i love the new series so much! From Anka's redesign to the writers story and Matt's color! Its full of action!
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Latest issue is excellent. It's got a proper sci-fi feel to the action and yet still focusing on Carol without going all rahrahrah! about it. It and The Ultimates are easily the two best cosmic books Marvel has going at present. The reveal on the Mar-Vell flashback scenes is going to be fun: will it be a black mark against him for committing genocide on an innocent species? - or will it turn out to be justified because they were some kind of galactic despots-of-evil? I'd be betting on the latter given he was such a goody-two-shoes...

Not sure about that Lozarno painting - it's meant to be Charlize Theron I think, but the head's just way too small for the body and can't unsee now.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

It actually isn't. All three of those characters are more popular and well known than Captain Marvel (especially Black Widow and Supergirl), so it's not at all surprising they ranked higher. Seriously, what is it with this board and character bashing?
    I don't know if it is bashing as much as Marvel keeps saying she's the top tier, A1 hero, and then seemingly doesn't do anything to promote it. She will show up on the Avengers cartoon later this season, so we'll see how her characterization and use is in that, which should help with the who? question. (Marvel won the lawsuit, now needs the public to associate the name with Carol rather than the big red cheese.)

CAPTAIN MARVEL COSTUME IS COMING TO LEGO AVENGERS!

CAPTAIN MARVEL DLC PACK details!

Cdwh94jWwAAVYrv.jpg
    Cdwkue5WAAQMT9W.jpg

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Todays Civil War II trailer may reveal that another Spider is Team Carol!

CdwdfBZW0AIdMrq.jpg

Avengers Alliance digital book with art by the game's artist!

custdimaa2016001-digital-lr-00001-174670.jpg

Jobbroni

With the next Civil War, it seems like it plays out like Minority Report with Carol championing the side of taking peeps down before they actually do something wrong. Tony is against this, so, Fight.
    Is it wrong that this SEEMS like it's going to play out like Carol did for the first part of Civil War, basically government stooge? I mean, I'm finding it hard to find the hope that she's not the bad guy in this. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    With the next Civil War, it seems like it plays out like Minority Report with Carol championing the side of taking peeps down before they actually do something wrong. Tony is against this, so, Fight.
    Is it wrong that this SEEMS like it's going to play out like Carol did for the first part of Civil War, basically government stooge? I mean, I'm finding it hard to find the hope that she's not the bad guy in this. What do you think?
    I think Marvel don't want Carol's image to be ruined because they're pushing her a lot and it's going to the MCU soon, so maybe they'll put her as the wrong one but not a bad guy like Tony was on the first. For what we saw now, there is some good old heroes on her team, like Spidey and Cap, and the focus of her goal is not to arrest people, but to prevent threats and tragedys.

Exaclty. She wants to prevent disasters, not create. Everyone her would prevent if we knew what was going to happen before hand. Im Team Captain Marvel. Also, like Marvel said, theres no 100% right side. Its a hero vs hero, no villains.

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think Marvel don't want Carol's image to be ruined because they're pushing her a lot and it's going to the MCU soon, so maybe they'll put her as the wrong one but not a bad guy like Tony was on the first. For what we saw now, there is some good old heroes on her team, like Spidey and Cap, and the focus of her goal is not to arrest people, but to prevent threats and tragedys.
    I think last time we did this dance, Marvel didn't intend to make Tony seem like such a bad guy. I think they wanted to make the sides seem balanced...

... it just that almost nobody reading it interpreted it that way. Whoops. No matter how it comes out, I doubt they are TRYING to make her a bad guy.

I think right now, it seems like everybody's already decided who is right and who is wrong before the book has even come out. I'm trying not to play that game.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I think last time we did this dance, Marvel didn't intend to make Tony seem like such a bad guy. I think they wanted to make the sides seem balanced...

... it just that almost nobody reading it interpreted it that way. Whoops. No matter how it comes out, I doubt they are TRYING to make her a bad guy.

I think right now, it seems like everybody's already decided who is right and who is wrong before the book has even come out. I'm trying not to play that game.
    I know they didn't, but after the story ended I think they realized it was what happened, didn't they even wiped his memories or something like that? So I think(or hope) they'll be more careful with Carol. Or even with Tony again we never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I know they didn't, but after the story ended I think they realized it was what happened, didn't they even wiped his memories or something like that? So I think(or hope) they'll be more careful with Carol. Or even with Tony again we never know.
    If all else fails... we know Carol stands up to mind wipes well. She's used to it!

Do we even know which side is pro-insight and which side is opposed?
    I surrender to the Contest