Page 424 of 822 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428434474524 ... LastLast
Results 6,346 to 6,360 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    Do we even know which side is pro-insight and which side is opposed?
    Carol's pro, Tony is opposed.

Where the first Civil War really screwed up was actually in giving tie-in writers too much leeway. Most of the tie-in writers were anti-registration, so they treated the pro-reg side as villains.

I suspect, this time around, editorial will provide a lot more oversight, so writers don't just declare Carol to be The Greatest Villain Mankind Has Ever Known.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Where the first Civil War really screwed up was actually in giving tie-in writers too much leeway. Most of the tie-in writers were anti-registration, so they treated the pro-reg side as villains.

I suspect, this time around, editorial will provide a lot more oversight, so writers don't just declare Carol to be The Greatest Villain Mankind Has Ever Known.
    Even if some of them does, I guess Ultimates and A-Force at least would/will show her as right(or not totally wrong).

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I think last time we did this dance, Marvel didn't intend to make Tony seem like such a bad guy. I think they wanted to make the sides seem balanced...

... it just that almost nobody reading it interpreted it that way. Whoops. No matter how it comes out, I doubt they are TRYING to make her a bad guy.

I think right now, it seems like everybody's already decided who is right and who is wrong before the book has even come out. I'm trying not to play that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I know they didn't, but after the story ended I think they realized it was what happened, didn't they even wiped his memories or something like that? So I think(or hope) they'll be more careful with Carol. Or even with Tony again we never know.
    That is a fair point, not to figure out who's right and who's wrong. It just seems that narrative-speaking, busting peeps before they did something wrong seems like a NOT good guy thing.
    BUT when you have Spider-man, Antman and Cap backing your play, rebel rousers as they like to be, you can't be that bad, right?

Mark Millar was adamant that Tony wasn't a bad guy when he was writing Civil War. The problem is that some of the other writers make him an out and out bad guy. I'm sure they'll keep a tighter reign on that this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Even if some of them does, I guess Ultimates and A-Force at least would/will show her as right(or not totally wrong).
    Doubtful. Ms. America's stated mission is taking them down if they screw up and she and T'challa are both on #TeamProtect
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Random interrupt of possible importance: via the completely reliable sourcing of a tweet from somebody I don't know, we might know the content/unlocks for the Captain Marvel DLC in Lego Avengers...

Like I said, no confident source so this could be a crock, but it feels close enough to release for details like this to slip out, and holy balls do I want this to be true. LEGO HELEN COBB'S T-6, Y'ALL.

EDIT: Oh, you want a real source? CONFIRM THIS, BIZ-SNATCH.
    Last edited by CraigTheCylon; 03-17-2016 at 02:46 PM.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

I really hope Rogue joins Carol's side, and we get a great teamup between those two. Would be a nice change of pace from the two of them being at each others throats in every crossover event.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    From Alexander Lozarno, one of the artists on the Civil War movie.

The model looks like Charlize Theron! I love it! Looks like she is a popular candidate for the role. Let's make this drawing a reality (Maybe modify the gloves and sash) for the CM film!

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Random interrupt of possible importance: via the completely reliable sourcing of a tweet from somebody I don't know, we might know the content/unlocks for the Captain Marvel DLC in Lego Avengers...

Like I said, no confident source so this could be a crock, but it feels close enough to release for details like this to slip out, and holy balls do I want this to be true. LEGO HELEN COBB'S T-6, Y'ALL.

EDIT: Oh, you want a real source? CONFIRM THIS, BIZ-SNATCH.
    Awesome! Love the addition of Moonstone and Tic. I have no intention of ever purchasing that game but I would love to see footage of the DLC. Also wish Monica and Mar-Vell were a part of the pack. They deserve more exposure.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

BANNED

I want Carol with the long hair please.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

I want Carol exaclty like this!

Im Team Captain Marvel! Our team looks FIERCE!

VOTE GUYS!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=poll&id=406
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I'd have to do math... and I don't feel like it. But... She-Hulk is one of Marvel's top women in terms of # of solo issues. I don't know if Carol's finally beaten her or not... but if she did, it was only in the past year probably. Definitely shouldn't count Jen out.

Now... look at what the fine folks at ThinkGeek are selling here:

The asymmetric cut for the sash is a nice touch. Though I'm hoping that we get some unisex hoodies out in time for the film, even from ThinkGeek. They make good stuff.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    I want Carol exaclty like this!

Im Team Captain Marvel! Our team looks FIERCE!

VOTE GUYS!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=poll&id=406
    Team Carol all the way...

Fantastic Member

To those complaining that it looks like Carol is a "Government stooge" or whatever. Remember she's ex-military and actually now seemingly working back in quasi-military government job in her own book. Of course she's on the side of the establishment; it makes perfect sense for her current status-quo and will work great if written well.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ. View Post
    To those complaining that it looks like Carol is a "Government stooge" or whatever. Remember she's ex-military and actually now seemingly working back in quasi-military government job in her own book. Of course she's on the side of the establishment; it makes perfect sense for her current status-quo and will work great if written well.
    Why are people so convinced this is tied to establishment? I think this will be much broader than simply rounding up bad guys a day early and throwing them in jail.

I think one side will say stuff like if you can stop "WWII from happening or an earthquake shouldn't you?" And the other saying "what are the consequences for intervention, could the treatment be worse than the sickness?"
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I want Carol with the long hair please.
    I agree. Anka makes Carol look positively manly.

Find Out Who's with Iron-Man and Who's with Captain Marvel in New "Civil War II" Teasers

There are some interesting arguments in that article comments thread about the event and how it may turn out that I think that the whole thing is just a not well thought out idea. Unless of course one side needs manufactured drama for baggage for future stories/events.