Page 120 of 822 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220620 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 12326

Captain Marvel sells below she hulk...but you do make a legit point w/ sales. However as a Carol Danvers fan I have checked out both and honestly the potential source material for GOTG compared with what Deconnick has given us is nada. If they totally start from scratch maybe I'd be down...but I'm very dubious.

Its not fair to Mar-vell most of all.

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm shaking. I can't even -- I am almost tearing up. This is HAPPENING!!!
    I've completely lost my ****.

Is it bad that I can think of one forum that won't be happy with this news? XD

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    I've completely lost my ****.

Is it bad that I can think of one forum that won't be happy with this news? XD
    I don't see how I'm supposed to actually get any work done for the rest of the day. And I have to be in the office for another 2 hours!

... yet all I want to do is go spread joy all over the internet.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    Captain Marvel sells below she hulk...but you do make a legit point w/ sales. However as a Carol Danvers fan I have checked out both and honestly the potential source material for GOTG compared with what Deconnick has given us is nada. If they totally start from scratch maybe I'd be down...but I'm very dubious.

Yes, it's not fair to a character who's been dead for over thirty years and who most of the younger fans know little about. It's SO UNFAIR that we're FINALLY getting a female-led superhero film from Marvel. Cry me a river.

Carol danvers movie in 2016! I'm so excited!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I don't see how I'm supposed to actually get any work done for the rest of the day. And I have to be in the office for another 2 hours!

... yet all I want to do is go spread joy all over the internet.
    I think we should just take off the rest of the day. Since Carol's from Boston, the whole city should get the day off. XD

I burst into tears when I first heard the news. I have no idea how to express my joy over this, but I am trying. All I know is that I plan on going every week to see this movie in cinemas until they stop playing it. And pick up a bunch of Captain Marvel merchandise as well. So Marvel better be willing to sell me stuff for this movie as I'll be willing to buy it.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

I think we should just take off the rest of the day. Since Carol's from Boston, the whole city should get the day off. XD
    You, sir, are a genius.

No way was a Mar-Vell movie ever likely. Not unless it was straight up called 'The Death of Captain Marvel' and was all about him kicking the bucket and bequeathing the title to someone else (which admittedly would be a pretty ballsy choice for a film). Maybe Mar-Vell will show up, and if so I do hope he's treated with respect because he deserves that much, but he has precious few fans among dedicated comic readers and even fewer beyond that, not to mention he's been allowed to slip into obscurity by the powers-that-be.

Irrespective of current book sales, Carol already has far greater public awareness through appearances in animation, videogames and other merch, and she's only going to get MORE exposure as time goes on. Not to mention that a hotshot but down-to-earth girl pilot is simply a lot more relatable a character than an alien spy turned good.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Jobbroni

If they announce that Katte Sackhoff or yvonne strahovski as Carol I'm just going to hibernate until the movie comes out...too much awesomeness at once.

BANNED

While my Captain Marvel will forever be Mar-Vell I did want to congratulate the Carol fans on your film!

Hopefully, marvel will do her justice.

Oh, to hell with Mar-Vell. No one gives a **** about Mar-Vell.

I doubt the movie will follow any of KSD's stories. Not because they're bad stories, but because most of them would be a bit awkward to adapt to the current MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Irrespective of current book sales, Carol already has far greater public awareness through appearances in animation, videogames and other merch, and she's only going to get MORE exposure as time goes on. Not to mention that a hotshot but down-to-earth girl pilot is simply a lot more relatable a character than an alien spy turned good.
    And she HAS to be an easier sell than a tree.

If they announce that Katte Sackhoff or yvonne strahovski as Carol I'm just going to hibernate until the movie comes out...too much awesomeness at once.
    Yvonne is my first choice, but Sackhoff is a great, and close, second, IMO. I too, would be happy with either of them as Carol.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington