Page 122 of 822 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222622 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 12326

yeah, picking an actress who's won awards for her job, both in film and on stage, including critics choice awards is always a stupid way to go. *rolls eyes*
    I surrender to the Contest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    yeah, picking an actress who's won awards for her job, both in film and on stage, including critics choice awards is always a stupid way to go. *rolls eyes*
    I like Portman, A LOT! I just don't think that she's been particularly memorable in that role (to be fair the writing hasn't done her any favors).

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

I usually don't get as excited about the movies as some people do, as my first fandom is for the comics.
    However, I will say I am very excited to finally see Chewie on the big screen.

Such great news! They mentioned that Black Panther will be in CA:Civil War. I wonder if Carol will be introduced in that as well or if we'll have to wait until Avengers:Infinity Gauntlet.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    If they announce that Katte Sackhoff or yvonne strahovski as Carol I'm just going to hibernate until the movie comes out...too much awesomeness at once.
    What about Jessica Chastain?

I'm betting Carol is going to be tied to the space/cosmic stuff the MCU is dealing with. If we see her before that it will be in a pre-power capacity as a military pilot, like some little easter egg or cameo or something.

I'm also fairly confident we will see Mar-Vell, if only so he can go and die heroically and inspire everyone, as is his way.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Great news, can't wait! I know it's very early for this kinda speculation but I kinda hope they set Carol up as the future leader of the Avengers. Once Evans calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    If they announce that Katte Sackhoff or yvonne strahovski as Carol I'm just going to hibernate until the movie comes out...too much awesomeness at once.
    Haha, exactly how I feel.

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Great news, can't wait! I know it's very early for this kinda speculation but I kinda hope they set Carol up as the future leader of the Avengers. Once Evans calls it a day.

Haha, exactly how I feel.
    I have absolutely no objections. I can't say I know the quality of her shoulders vs Sackhoff's (jk) but she has attitude to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    Generally, women in action films aren't chosen because they won awards. They're chosen because they're among the "it" list. It's the same reason why Halle Berry was cast as Storm. Why Kirsten Dunst was cast as MJ. It happens a lot.

However, I will admit that Marvel Studios hasn't been too bad for that. Hayley Atwell as Agent Carter was a brilliant bit of casting. Jaime Alexander as Sif, as well. They'll probably go with the right choice for Carol, rather than the "hot" choice.

It's obviously super early days but the movie's got its own dedicated Twitter feed up already. Follow away!
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Pretty sure she's definitely going to be Carol. She has mentioned multiple times that she wants to play a superhero, so I bet she'll be pushing for the roll. Also, considering she's a Oscar nominated actress, probably going to win one before 2018, and the fact that she'll be appearing in a Christopher Nolan film, that makes her publicity gold for Marvel.

I'm really hoping Anya to appear in a future movie!

Quote Originally Posted by saucemaster View Post
    I usually don't get as excited about the movies as some people do, as my first fandom is for the comics.
    However, I will say I am very excited to finally see Chewie on the big screen.
    I'm assuming Chewie gets a spin-off movie as a part of the inevitable Phase 4 movies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I'm assuming Chewie gets a spin-off movie as a part of the inevitable Phase 4 movies.
    Its going to be really surreal seeing the Captain Marvel movie in a mixed audience of casual Marvel movie fans and hardcore Carol fans and watching a cat get a standing O.

Its going to be really surreal seeing the Captain Marvel movie in a mixed audience of casual Marvel movie fans and hardcore Carol fans and watching a cat get a standing O.
    And the resulting riot if there is no cat.

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Looking forward to the accompanying Hot Toys 1/6 scale figure.