Page 168 of 822 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268668 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 12326
    Fantastic Member

I found this on deviantart and wanted to share it, have fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Did anybody ever tell you that your writing style really matches your location?

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I don't think so. The writing leaves a lot to be desired right now. As for it ending, I would think not since it will become a movie. Give it a try and see what happens...
    Thank you everyone for your honest opinions. I appreciate longevity in comic books (which seems to be almost non-existent nowadays especially with Marvel).

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Thank you everyone for your honest opinions. I appreciate longevity in comic books (which seems to be almost non-existent nowadays especially with Marvel).
    If you don't mind going back in time a bit... you might want to also check out Brian Reed's run on Ms. Marvel. I think it's all available digitally. 50 issues!

It's all on Marvel Unlimited yea. I was not a fan of that run, but I recognize without that run and all it's cross overs I wouldn't have the Captain Marvel runs I do enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fordel View Post
    It's all on Marvel Unlimited yea. I was not a fan of that run, but I recognize without that run and all it's cross overs I wouldn't have the Captain Marvel runs I do enjoy.
    Nor would we have Chewie!

Amazing Member

I think Reed's run is underrated and many of the runs problems stemmed from constant interference from the wider Marvel universe (Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign) rather than Reed himself. The pattern seemed to be Reed setting some interesting things up just in time for a Marvel Event to go and change everything, forcing the comic to start a new arc all over again with the previous one forgotten.

I'd have loved to have seen Dr Strange teaming up with Carol to take down Warren Traveler for good, Anya Corazon being a more permanent sidekick (kind of like Tick in the current run). I also thought Carol's Lightning Storm team was a fun collection of characters with quirky personalities and mysterious back stories. Unfortunately all of these things just kind of petered out instead of being done justice.

One thing that I didn't like though was the War of the Marvels storyline, which might be a slightly controversial opinion. I think the concept is great, Karla Sofen is a good villain and I wouldn't mind seeing a version of the storyline in the MCU but I thought the arc was stretched out unnecessarily with some silly split personalities nonsense when all we wanted to see was Carol and Karla fight each other (though when they did go at it, it was great), hated the art style during that storyline as well.

Still though as has been said above its an important run for any Carol Danvers fan and without it I doubt we would have Captain Marvel today. It did give some great moments of Carol fighting a city full of skrulls by herself, going binary against the brood and... Chewie :S
    Last edited by SOLID MATTIC; 12-08-2014 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SOLID MATTIC View Post
    One thing that I didn't like though was the War of the Marvels storyline, which might be a slightly controversial opinion. I think the concept is great, Karla Sofen is a good villain and I wouldn't mind seeing a version of the storyline in the MCU but I thought the arc was stretched out unnecessarily with some silly split personalities nonsense when all we wanted to see was Carol and Karla fight each other (though when they did go at it, it was great), hated the art style during that storyline as well.
    I don't think it's that controversial of an opinion. I didn't like it either. I felt it was actually extremely disruptive to the book's momentum... and the issues starring Karla might have been better off as a separate miniseries.

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by SOLID MATTIC View Post
    I think Reed's run is underrated and many of the runs problems stemmed from constant interference from the wider Marvel universe (Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign) rather than Reed himself. The pattern seemed to be Reed setting some interesting things up just in time for a Marvel Event to go and change everything, forcing the comic to start a new arc all over again with the previous one forgotten.

I'd have loved to have seen Dr Strange teaming up with Carol to take down Warren Traveler for good, Anya Corazon being a more permanent sidekick (kind of like Tick in the current run). I also thought Carol's Lightning Storm team was a fun collection of characters with quirky personalities and mysterious back stories. Unfortunately all of these things just kind of petered out instead of being done justice.

Still though as has been said above its an important run for any Carol Danvers fan and without it I doubt we would have Captain Marvel today. It did give some great moments of Carol fighting a city full of skrulls by herself, going binary against the brood and... Chewie :S
    This sums up well what I liked about Reed's run. It hit a bunch of beats we needed from a character and reader perspective and brought a bunch of fun stories. The end of the series with Mystique was great, but the Spidey appearance (he and Carol are my favorite MCU heroes) felt forced. Not a big fan of that.

I'd love to see KSD's take on Mystique in the current series.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    much as I love Rachel (and I do, I'm in the Rachel Army on Twitter), she's a bit too short for Carol. I'd LOVE it if she could make it into the MCU at some point though.
    I'm sure they could give her appropriate footwear to deal with any height issues (don't think she has any personally but I admit that I may be a bit biased here lol). Totally agreed about wanting her to appear in some MCU thing at some point however, whatever her role is.

^ I don't really think size should matter in Captain Marvel's casting. Sure, they can cheat any actor to read taller, so it's almost moot. But Carol's powers are not size dependent. So if she is small in stature while one of the heaviest hitters in the MCU, i think that would only underscore her badassness.

Kinda like little what's-her-name in the Runaways -- smallest, youngest on the team, but the team's brick/muscle.
    Last edited by heiro5; 12-09-2014 at 12:24 PM.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

If they brought him back, Carnage Cosmic could make a great Captain Marvel villain:

Last edited by Venomous Mask; 12-09-2014 at 05:04 PM.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

It'll be SO awesome to see Carol lifting heavy things, flying and blasting energy beams, on the big screen!

We are one week away from the 100th Anniversary issue!
    Last edited by RafDanvers; 12-09-2014 at 04:43 PM.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    It'll be SO awesome to see Carol lifting heavy things, flying and blasting energy beams, on the big screen!

We are one week away from the 100th Anniversary issue!
    Yeah, Captain Marvel is the film I'm looking most forward to seeing. It would be cool to see how the Avengers react to her as the most powerful Avenger. Ironman lifted a car in his first film. Pfft. Big deal. Watch Carol lift a TANK or catch an airplane as the Avengers MARVEL at her sheer strength never realizing she was THAT strong. It would also be interesting though to see how they adapt her energy based powers to the big screen.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    Storm? No way! hahah That's the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. The heroic actions belong to Captain Marvel! When will Storm movie come out? Her comic book is about to end! Im not bashing Ororo but she's downhill, she's going down. She's not living her best days.. i mean, she's cool but hey.. facts are facts! Carol is growing since House Of M. She's building her heroic carreer. She had potential. She became what she is today. Overcame her personal issues, to be a better human, a better hero. She wasnt so happy to be a male counterpart (She was just very inspired by him), so she became her own hero. Even more famous than HER male conterpart. She aint afraid to sacrifice herself on behalf of the world. She doenst claim to be a queen but her actions naturally give her that credit. Last but not least, she carries Marvel's name. Queen Carol.
    Sorry guys but HAD to say that.

PS- It's so childish to come to another forum and say (sense-less) things about our hero. And YES - I take my heroes very seriously.
    Ehhh... All due respect, Carol's book is on its second wind. It would have been dead had Marvel not been trying to push her. Odds are Storm's still Marvel's most recognizable female character.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    All I have to say is...

... how come nobody debates who Marvel's #1 man is? (Granted by the numbers it'll probably come down to Spidey.)

It doesn't have to be a competition. The fact that there are multiple potential contenders for that hypothetical #1 slot is a very, very GOOD thing.
    Because everyone knows it's Spider-Man. There's literally no one else in the running. We could pretend otherwise to make commentary... but ultimately, the web-slinger is number one. Wolverine is number two, then there's the rest. Iron Man is on the come up (thanks to the MCU), but still doesn't compare to the other two.

There was no debate on Marvel's number one female (again, in terms of recognition it's probably still Storm, though Fox and Marvel have squandered that so), but Carol is on the rise due to Marvel actively pushing her. Even with that, her comic sales weren't the best. By the time of the movie, it's possible she'll be number one, but not now.

Oh, and the alternative response to "why does no one ask who Marvel's number one man is" - why does no one ask who DC's number one woman is?
    Last edited by SKJoker; 12-10-2014 at 02:09 AM.

Fantastic Member

How have the past few issues been? I really want to like KSD's Captain Marvel runs, but in both parts I ended up stopping partway through. I made it 5 or 6 this time around (whichever is before the Flerken story), but can't really bring myself to buy the rest. I really started to like Carol after Avengers EMH, but...

I should note that this isn't the first time this has happened with a character I like. Spider-Man's my favorite character, but I can't bring myself to buy any more of Slott's run. Which isn't an indictment on Slott himself - I hated the idea of Superior Spider-Man at first, but ended up loving the issues I read... plus his Big Time run was fantastic. But now I'm off-topic. I guess what I want to ask (besides if the current issues of CM are good) is does Carol have a "definitive run" to check out? I've got the Marvel Unlimited membership for a month, and want things to read.