Page 176 of 822 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276676 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 12326

Also, depending on her pre-solo-movie-involvement/immersion, fans may develop and foster a fondness for Carol ensuring ticket sales for Captain Marvel.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Also, depending on her pre-solo-movie-involvement/immersion, fans may develop and foster a fondness for Carol ensuring ticket sales for Captain Marvel.
    That seems like such a smart idea, and biased as I am, I think marvel's done a good job of making endearing characters in the movies from Tony to Bruce to Natasha.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Astronaut View Post
    That's just beautiful.

Invincible Member

I went to buy comics yesterday and they were sold out of CM #10! Dammit!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    That seems like such a smart idea, and biased as I am, I think marvel's done a good job of making endearing characters in the movies from Tony to Bruce to Natasha.

That's just beautiful.
    Indeed! A great reminder of when Carol Danvers became the all new fighting fury Ms. Marvel who would eventually evolve into the cosmically charged Binary!
    ms-marvel.jpg

THANK YOU Chris Claremont and the late Dave Cockrum for the all new fighting fury Ms. Marvel and the cosmically charged Binary.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Astronaut View Post
    Looking up to see a vision of the day the fighting fury Ms. Marvel, will evolve into the cosmically charged Binary!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I went to buy comics yesterday and they were sold out of CM #10! Dammit!
    Guess I was lucky then. There were several copies left in my store.

how extensive is carol's rogue's gallery at this point? Anyone got a comprehensive list?

Ultimate Member

She doesn't really have much of an established rogue's gallery at the moment. At least not compared to a lot of other heroes.

-Mystique (she was kind of a Carol enemy at one point, but hasn't been used in that way for a LONG time. Plus Marvel cannot use her in the films).
    -Moonstone.
    -Grace Valentine.
    -Yon-Rogg (I'd make him the main villain for Carol's first film. Moonstone in a potential sequel).
    -The Brood, kind of (IDK if Marvel can use them on film either).

That's all that I can think of right now (someone feel free to add more if you're aware of any).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I feel like "Marvel" is an established brand by this point, an IT sells tickets. I know lots of non-comic book fans who go and see Marvel films precisely BECAUSE Marvel is making them. Slap "from the studio who brought you The Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America, and Guardians of the Galaxy" onto the marketing campaign and you'll probably convince quite a few people to check the movie out just based on that.

BANNED

Yeah Marvel could sell Snow to Eskimos at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    -Mystique (she was kind of a Carol enemy at one point, but hasn't been used in that way for a LONG time. Plus Marvel cannot use her in the films).
    Mystique's very first appearance was in Carol's book, and she still enjoys screwing with Carol's life as her favorite non-X-Men-associated hobby. A real pity she's unusable in the MCU, though.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

Moonstone could be cool. Doesn't she have the same/similar powers to Captain Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Moonstone could be cool. Doesn't she have the same/similar powers to Captain Marvel?
    Similar with some differences, yeah. And Moonstone keeps getting shoved into Carol's costume, whether she wants to or not.

I think they're a great hero/villain pair, though when they last went up against each other to any real extent (back in the Reed series), I never felt that Karla was used to her full potential as a villain. They basically went for a high-powered slugfest - which while fun, isn't terribly interesting.

I think the reason Karla is a fantastic foil for Carol is that messing with people's heads is her specialty - and something Carol is historically kind of susceptible to.