Page 816 of 822 FirstFirst ... 316716766806812813814815816817818819820 ... LastLast
Results 12,226 to 12,240 of 12326
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I think Stohl has the best Carol solo run, but KSD has Enemy Within, which is my favorite Carol story arc even if the rest of the run is more misses than hits for me. Thompson should be a great fit. There's also that Houser mini, I believe. This character really hasn't had that many books, wow.
    I don't think Stohl's run is as good as KSD (although, full disclosure, I haven't read the Legacy issues), but I do think it gets unfairly maligned. I also think Life of Captain Marvel has been great.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Thanks. Is that the only one that's really good?
    It's considered a turning point for Carol, part of it it's the change to the Captain Marvel name but it's also a lot about the tone and voice Kelly Sue gave to the book. After the 2012 run that goes 17 issues there's a 2014 relaunch.

And yeah, as others said, the Life of Captain Marvel mini, that ends next week, has been pretty well received by most Carol fans(though it has some controversial stuff), and her new run will start in January. I honestly think her other two runs before that were pretty forgettable and boring...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Of the rejected Soy designs, that one is my favorite. But I agree that it has a simplicity that’s out of current style.
    Nice to see it had life elsewhere...

]
    The bolt looks a bit awkward. The sash also wouldn't fit with the colors

BANNED

The fazekas/butters run (which is just 5 issues) is enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    The fazekas/butters run (which is just 5 issues) is enjoyable.
    I'm an idiot and forgot about this run. Those five issues are nice and the next five issues by the Gages are godlike.

BANNED

I'm an idiot and forgot about this run. Those five issues are nice and the next five issues by the Gages are godlike.
    gage's issues have the unfortunate "magneto is like a internet troll" tbh so I'm not mentioning it.

I think you're the only one who loves the Gage issues that much lol. I think they're alright at best.

One-shot? EWWWWWWWWWW!
    It looks like all frosting and no cupcake.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Thanks everyone for the recommendations
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Soy’s artwork was an odd fit at the time of the relaunch but he had his moments.
    I thought he was great. Carol needed a strong visual style to help her stand out on the stands. Soy had a lot of energy in his work, intriguing use of color, sort of a "manga meets Image" aesthetic. He was solid.

Andrade was my favorite though. That European style was polarizing, but it was expressive like few others we see in the States and it definitely stood out next to everything else.

I loved both, but it took me a few issues to really get into Andrade, while I loved Soy's from the first issue.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think the interior art is great and much much better than the covers.

Hard to judge on that page alone. The art for Binary seems a bit scratchy. The panel with her as classic Ms. Marvel looks a bit off regarding proportions. I'll need to see more -- would have preferred a more-tested artist.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Andrade was my favorite though. That European style was polarizing, but it was expressive like few others we see in the States and it definitely stood out next to everything else.

I loved both, but it took me a few issues to really get into Andrade, while I loved Soy's from the first issue.
    Soy's issues were okay. Seemed a bit unsettled as an artist. Andrade, though, had a definitive style -- and it worked nicely with the skysled issues. Too many of the Captain Marvel artists have been kinda bleh. Not bad, but nothing memorable either. I think Life of Captain Marvel has the consistently best art of all her CM series. Too bad Pacheco didn't stick around for the new series.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Hard to judge on that page alone. The art for Binary seems a bit scratchy. The panel with her as classic Ms. Marvel looks a bit off regarding proportions. I'll need to see more -- would have preferred a more-tested artist.
    Well I'm not judging on that page alone, the artist also did some issues of X-Men Red and I thought her art was amazing there.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Soy's issues were okay. Seemed a bit unsettled as an artist. Andrade, though, had a definitive style -- and it worked nicely with the skysled issues. Too many of the Captain Marvel artists have been kinda bleh. Not bad, but nothing memorable either. I think Life of Captain Marvel has the consistently best art of all her CM series. Too bad Pacheco didn't stick around for the new series.
    Well, Soy was new to the game so I expected his style to be shaky. But I still enjoyed what he did quite a bit.

That's just me of course, and I know a lot of people disagree.

I definitely agree that most of Carol's artists have been rather bland. Nothing bad, but nothing that jumps off the shelf at you. And I feel like that was one of the major faults of Marvel's push for Carol over the years.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

to me, dexter soy's art would've suited the end of an arc rather than the beginning. There was a lot of dissonance there for me. It looked great, but maybe not the right one for the story