Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

I've said before that I hate hair conversations. Male characters almost never get them, but Carol gets it consistently and often in the most insulting ways possible (e.g., "she looks like a boy."). But on the chronology question, I noticed Carol had her hair up during the fight and it was only noticeably long afterward. That suggests to me that the initial pages of Life of Captain Marvel took place before after She-Hulk was cured of the issues from her Mariko Tamaki run but before Avengers #1 started.

Anyway, the Wonder Woman comparison people are making doesn't make much sense, but is noteworthy since that had a significant retcon as well. If anything, that retcon was more significant because it actually undercut a lot of the original story - Wonder Woman was not born to a man, she was made of clay from a people who couldn't reproduce because they were all women. She grew up as the only child among them. That was so much cooler and unique. Carol's origin is nowhere near that original or unique aside from the part where she's tied up during it.

I cant stand the fact Marvel made Thor have short hair and DC has Aquaman running around with long hair. It all has to do with what youre use to on a character..theres not many hair conversations cause most characters don't get their look changed for years on end.

Agree about Wonder Woman's clay origin being pretty special though.