Page 810 of 822 FirstFirst ... 310710760800806807808809810811812813814820 ... LastLast
Results 12,136 to 12,150 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Gravity was nearly Captain Marvel. If that had happened, Carol would've still been Ms. Marvel.
    https://www.newsarama.com/42999-tom-...-mckelvie.html
    Apparently Bendis was the one who first came up with the idea for her becoming Captain Marvel.

A discussion at another place led to me smashing up "Higher, further, faster, more" with "Vi vill ha mera", a Swedish earworm from the 80s:

You can find people
    who live all life
    in a mundane way
    (in a mundane way)

Fandom is calling
    but they think
    ev'rything is grey
    (ev'rything is grey)

Boring old romance
    it will just make us snore
    Oh oh ooh
    Wanna go flying
    Hear the roar
    (the roar)
    We want more

More Captain Marvel
    Higher further faster
    Forever ever we want more
    Heroines (heroines)
    We want much more Captain Marvel

(chorus repeated ad nauseam)

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    It's from Marvel's official handbook, an old one of course. Which issue are you talking about because Marv was a hero to the Kree, so it could've been a flashback to a war that him popular.
    It's Captain Marvel #8 after Mar-Vell led the assault against the Aakons, Yon-Rogg got injured, and Mar-Vell saved his life.

blue uniforms.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Apparently Bendis was the one who first came up with the idea for her becoming Captain Marvel.
    In House of M, right?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It's Captain Marvel #8 after Mar-Vell led the assault against the Aakons, Yon-Rogg got injured, and Mar-Vell saved his life.

blue uniforms.jpg
    That's a coloring mistake.
    You can see the chest logo being a normal circle of the lieutenants on top of the same character being called an LT earlier on.

2jyrN95.jpg

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

But nothing else supports the handbook in those issues. None of the other Kree follow the color schemes you're talking about. In fact, issue #8 is the first issue where any Kree soldier has a uniform with tow colors with one one being white together with a symbol besides Mar-Vell and Yon-Rogg. In every other issue, all the other Kree have solid colors (usually solid green).

None of this necessarily implies the movie is following the official handbook of the Marvel universe either or that Star Force isn't unique and outside the chain of command so they all share the same rank.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

So can someone explain to me the ship between Spider Woman and Carol cuz I just found out about it

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    So can someone explain to me the ship between Spider Woman and Carol cuz I just found out about it
    Jess has been Carol's best friend for decades and some people are just into the idea of their relationship going beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    The very beginning starts in Avengers Annual #10. Jesica saves Carol from possibly drowning after Carol gets chucked off the Golden Gate Bridge by a teenage Southern Bell.

It's from a What If, but here Mar-Vell becomes Colonel and while his sigil changes, his colors don't.

In House of M, right?
    Carol was Cap in that, true.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Jess has been Carol's best friend for decades and some people are just into the idea of their relationship going beyond that.
    There's also a lot of subtext when the two of them share a page together- especially in Avengers Annual 10 and some other more recent issues.

Either way Jess Drew is to Carol what Bucky or Rhodey are to Steve and Tony.

Whether you ship the or not what is clear is that there's a lot of love between Jess and Carol..it's up to you to decide in how you interpret it.
    Last edited by Seren; 12-07-2018 at 09:35 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

But nothing else supports the handbook in those issues. None of the other Kree follow the color schemes you're talking about. In fact, issue #8 is the first issue where any Kree soldier has a uniform with tow colors with one one being white together with a symbol besides Mar-Vell and Yon-Rogg. In every other issue, all the other Kree have solid colors (usually solid green).

None of this necessarily implies the movie is following the official handbook of the Marvel universe either or that Star Force isn't unique and outside the chain of command so they all share the same rank.
    Like i said before, the ship's crew and medics wear different colors.
    There's also the fact that the books came out in 68/9 while the handbook came out in 86.
    So some of this stuff wasn't set in the first year of the book.

And I'm wondering what the movie is going to do. It looks like they might not care about colors.

BANNED

I've seen a case for a wanda/carol ship

ship-manifesto.livejournal.com/260405.html

I can't believe we haven't seen more of this friendship tbh

If a link doesn't start with www, it won't work without either URL tags or the http:// in front.

ship-manifesto.livejournal.com/260405.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

I couldn’t tell if the original question referred to the characters’ friendSHIP or the suggestion of a more intimate relationSHIP between the Carol and Jessica.

WRT the former, the long standing besties thing IiRC was not quite a retcon but definitely retro-engineered into their histories beginning in the Bendis era. When he introduced Jessica JONES (who in early duscussion was Jessica Drew) and connected her to Carol with Jones’ hidden Marvel history, the BFFs retcon-ship carries over when the time came to give Jessica Drew her reintroduction to the A-list.
    The elements were there stemming from Drew’s involvement in Danvers’ Rogue encounter and both character extended stay in continuity limbo as supporting characters in Claremont’s x-books in the 80s.
    Writers subsequent to Bendis ran with the idea and pushed the gal pal angle. It just made sense.

http://needlessessentialsonline.com/...ers-annual-10/