Page 798 of 822 FirstFirst ... 298698748788794795796797798799800801802808 ... LastLast
Results 11,956 to 11,970 of 12326
    Astonishing Member

Amanda Conner covers, though, do not rock my world.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    This variant cover freaking rocks.
    Came to post it too! Gorgeous.

Captain Marvel #2
    KELLY THOMPSON (W) CARMEN CARNERO (A)
    Cover by Amanda Conner & Paul Mounts

The classic Fantastic Four villain MAHKIZMO has taken over Manhattan’s Roosevelt Island and turned it into an apocalyptic wasteland! When CAPTAIN MARVEL ends up trapped there and cut off from the rest of world (including any Avengers-shaped reinforcements!), she’ll need to build her own team out of allies, old and new — SPIDER-WOMAN, HAZMAT, ECHO and a man known only as SOM — in order to start a revolution to free the island’s civilian inhabitants. With that kind of backup, Mahkizmo should be toast — but not everything is what it seems on this island…

CAPTAIN MARVEL: BRAVER & MIGHTIER #1
    JODY HOUSER (W) SIMONE BUONFANTINO (A) Cover by VALERIO SCHITI

It’s CAROL DANVERS Day! Air Force Pilot Carol Danvers is a hero to many…so what could possibly delay her to her own celebration? Only her other job—as Earth’s Mightiest Hero, CAPTAIN MARVEL! Stuck between her duty to her community and her responsibility to the wider world, Carol will have to make a tough decision, and muster all of her power to fend off an invasion force! Don’t miss the excitement of the STRONGEST & MIGHTIEST hero of all in her latest adventure!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Koj☆; 11-21-2018 at 11:44 AM.

BANNED

I wish she'd get a more recurring villains cast...

like that crystallized brood queen carol shot into space could come back. Her spawn would have certain newer traits as well compared to the other brood.

There's doomsday man (a man unfortunately fused to a machine while fighting carol and can be written to be more complex, showed up in Ms marvel vol 1,2 and busiek's avengers, wants to die), Warren traveller (evil time dimension hopping sorcerer supreme who considers carol an obstacle for world domination), MODOK (was in vol 1 and 2 ms marvel) and I quite liked him there as an ill man betrayed by his kid, Master of the world (I know he's more champions now, but carol killed him in kang dynasty and was in Cap marvel vol 9 especially since she rolls with Alpha flight nowadays).

I don't know what mystiques been upto... I think I saw her last in astonishing X-men vol 4

You can sort of bring back Moonstone as well to play mind games... maybe team up with mystique to **** with carol.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 11-20-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    I wish she'd get a more recurring villains cast...

like that crystallized brood queen carol shot into space could come back. Her spawn would have certain newer traits as well compared to the other brood.

There's doomsday man (a man unfortunately fused to a machine while fighting carol and can be written to be more complex, showed up in Ms marvel vol 1,2 and busiek's avengers), Warren traveller (evil time dimension hopping sorcerer supreme who considers carol an obstacle for world domination), MODOK (was in vol 1 and 2 ms marvel) and I quite liked him there as an ill man betrayed by his kid, Master of the world (I know he's more champions now, but carol killed him in kang dynasty and was in Cap marvel vol 9 especially since she rolls with Alpha flight nowadays).

I don't know what mystiques been upto... I think I saw her last in astonishing X-men vol 4

You can sort of bring back Moonstone as well to play mind games... maybe team up with mystique to **** with carol.
    Mystique was at Rogue and Gambit's wedding in Mr. and Mrs. X #1. Raven wasn't exactly pleased with having Ol' Remy for a quasi-son-in-law, but she behaved herself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Mystique was at Rogue and Gambit's wedding in Mr. and Mrs. X #1. Raven wasn't exactly pleased with having Ol' Remy for a quasi son-in-law.

rogue and gambit+mr and mrs x are in my backlog

how's the book doing sales wise?.... tbh I got frustrated with x books a few years ago

rogue and gambit+mr and mrs x are in my backlog

how's the book doing sales wise?.... tbh I got frustrated with x books a few years ago
    Thus far, sales have been in the low to mid 20,000's. Hopefully, things in the future will pick up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Thus far, sales have been in the low to mid 20,000's. Hopefully, things in the future will pick up.
    very rarely have I seen a book rise up.. I think immortal hulk got a bit higher with extreme fan demand. Eh I think it should keep upto atleast 2-3 trades. I think the safety limit has reduced depending on digital for more niche type books that do well in digital

Man, I am all over that variant cover.

Haven't read Carol's book in a while now, but I am really hoping to be back with the new creative team.

Nice to get the one-shot right before the movie too. That might be fun.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Some cool Captain Marvel variant covers for the Solicitations for february 2019!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #16

FANTASTIC FOUR #7

AVENGERS #14

very rarely have I seen a book rise up.. I think immortal hulk got a bit higher with extreme fan demand. Eh I think it should keep upto atleast 2-3 trades. I think the safety limit has reduced depending on digital for more niche type books that do well in digital
    Yeah, 20k is no longer a tipping point. We don't know what the new tipping point is, since we don't have the digital sales numbers to add to the direct market ones to compare the sales numbers of cancelled books.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Not to mention trades, Scholastic orders, etc.

Direct market isn't the barometer it used to be. Now, the only way to tell if a book is truly successful is if it makes it to the next issue. And has merchandise. And a tv show. Or a movie.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Red and blue helmet on the movie!!!

BANNED

anyone feel the costume is too complicated with all the leather armor and creases/lines with random gold parts?