Page 101 of 822 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 12326
    Invincible Member

Fun issue! I don't think I've seen Marcio Takara's art before, but I think he did a decent job. Tic as pesky side kick was amusing. I'm looking forward to the conclusion/revelation of the Chewie situation.

I'm happy with Marcio Takara as fill in as well. I think he could shape up to be a great artist if he stays in the industry. And if David Lopez ever leaves the book I would love to have Takara be the replacement.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Fun issue! I don't think I've seen Marcio Takara's art before, but I think he did a decent job. Tic as pesky side kick was amusing. I'm looking forward to the conclusion/revelation of the Chewie situation.
    I think Im in the minority around here, but Im not actually thrilled with the idea that Chewie is some weird alien creature. It just smacks of "pointless retcon to make the supporting cast seem cooler". It'd be like revealing that Spider-Man's father was a superhero scientist called "Arachnaught" who fought alongside Odin before getting married and settling down. Just pointless, silly, and it detracts from the main character instead of adding something.

If there had been some sort of foreshadowing, that'd be one thing. If, from early on, Chewie had acted strangely (you know, for a cat) or exhibited some odd behavior, that'd be one thing. This would just be the culmination of a long running subplot. But instead, this feels like its completely out of the blue. Rocket says its an alien, and suddenly Chewie is laying eggs? What the hell? Where was the egg laying back in volume one?

Now, if KSD has a plan with this whole flerken (did I spell that right?) thing, I'll happily admit to being proven wrong. I guess I could *sort of* see Carol having a Silver Age style super-pet. Modern day Superman makes Krypto work, so I suppose Captain Marvel could make having an alien cat work. But still, I dont see the point of turning what was basically Grumpy Cat into something more ridiculous.

If Carol needs some sort of ally/sidekick (and she does), there's plenty of other options to go with; Kamala, No-Varr, and/or Phyla, just off the top of my head.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If there had been some sort of foreshadowing, that'd be one thing. If, from early on, Chewie had acted strangely (you know, for a cat) or exhibited some odd behavior, that'd be one thing. This would just be the culmination of a long running subplot. But instead, this feels like its completely out of the blue. Rocket says its an alien, and suddenly Chewie is laying eggs? What the hell? Where was the egg laying back in volume one?
    Well, to be fair, she did get Chewie from another dimension. After throwing her at a bad guy.

Ultimate Member

And he's been ill-tempered to pretty much everyone besides her.

Invincible Member

I think Im in the minority around here, but Im not actually thrilled with the idea that Chewie is some weird alien creature. It just smacks of "pointless retcon to make the supporting cast seem cooler". It'd be like revealing that Spider-Man's father was a superhero scientist called "Arachnaught" who fought alongside Odin before getting married and settling down. Just pointless, silly, and it detracts from the main character instead of adding something.

Now, if KSD has a plan with this whole flerken (did I spell that right?) thing, I'll happily admit to being proven wrong. I guess I could *sort of* see Carol having a Silver Age style super-pet. Modern day Superman makes Krypto work, so I suppose Captain Marvel could make having an alien cat work. But still, I dont see the point of turning what was basically Grumpy Cat into something more ridiculous.

If Carol needs some sort of ally/sidekick (and she does), there's plenty of other options to go with; Kamala, No-Varr, and/or Phyla, just off the top of my head.
    Oh, I much prefer the idea of Chewie being a normal cat. That's why I'm eager to read the next issue, I'm betting the 2nd to last page is a red herring. After all...all we saw this issue was Carol putting Chewie behind a door. We/Carol never saw what was already in the room.

Finally got to sit down and read issue #7. Fun, really fun issue. Carol and Rocket are fun together, Tic as an irritating, self-appointed side kick lots of fun in a Seventh Samurai kind of way.

I'm currently col with Flerken Chewie. We shall see how it pans out. And Carol's next thing, with this Lila Cheney, still potentially being out in space is great news.

And finally, Marcio Takara FTW!

Oh, I much prefer the idea of Chewie being a normal cat. That's why I'm eager to read the next issue, I'm betting the 2nd to last page is a red herring. After all...all we saw this issue was Carol putting Chewie behind a door. We/Carol never saw what was already in the room.
    I'll have to read the issue again, but there's a panel where Chewie is peering out (somewhat balefully) from behind that door, except we hadn't seen her get put in there; in fact, she was in Carol's arms in the immediately-previous panel. Could be a storytelling screw-up but it stuck out to me. Maybe it was just the aforementioned ticked-off expression.

So until #8, my guess is that the Flerken is a shapeshifter of some kind that has adapted to mimic Chewie's form, possibly for disguise, possibly for...inter-species lovemakin', and we've been seeing both it and Chewie at different intervals. Obviously, when Rocket started shooting at it, that was totally the Flerken, but it's not always been it.

(Granted, this theory raises a few other questions - wouldn't Rocket notice something was amiss if/when he saw the real Chewie? And how the hell did the Flerken get on board if it wasn't always Chewie?)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Well, to be fair, she did get Chewie from another dimension. After throwing her at a bad guy.
    Okay, you've got a good point there. But I dont think that counts as foreshadowing of an alien heritage so much as its just a really weird way to get a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    And he's been ill-tempered to pretty much everyone besides her.
    Doesnt that describe almost every cat ever? Granted, Chewie is an especially grumpy little fleabag, but he's not exactly unusual in that.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    I'll have to read the issue again, but there's a panel where Chewie is peering out (somewhat balefully) from behind that door, except we hadn't seen her get put in there; in fact, she was in Carol's arms in the immediately-previous panel. Could be a storytelling screw-up but it stuck out to me. Maybe it was just the aforementioned ticked-off expression.

So until #8, my guess is that the Flerken is a shapeshifter of some kind that has adapted to mimic Chewie's form, possibly for disguise, possibly for...inter-species lovemakin', and we've been seeing both it and Chewie at different intervals. Obviously, when Rocket started shooting at it, that was totally the Flerken, but it's not always been it.

(Granted, this theory raises a few other questions - wouldn't Rocket notice something was amiss if/when he saw the real Chewie? And how the hell did the Flerken get on board if it wasn't always Chewie?)
    Now this is a theory I can get behind. As for how the flerken got on the ship in the first place? Who is to say it got on the ship *after* Carol? It could have been there all along, hiding or hibernating or whatever.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

As for how the flerken got on the ship in the first place? Who is to say it got on the ship *after* Carol? It could have been there all along, hiding or hibernating or whatever.
    Which itself raises another question, given that Carol's ship was Earth-made, likely by Tony Stark. I foresee a very strained conversation happening once Carol's back home.

Carol: 'Oh hey, space was cool but I had this kinda freaky shape-changing alien cranking out babies like a gumball machine in one of Harrison's storage closets - '

Tony: 'Is that what that was? Yeah, I found this weird tentacled thing hanging around in Reed Richards' lab a few days before you left and just went, "what the hell, maybe it can find its way back to its own little planet" - like Homeward Bound but in space. Why, what happened with it?'

Carol: *twitches* *soundlessly mouthing swearwords* *PUNCH*

Rocket says its an alien, and suddenly Chewie is laying eggs? What the hell? Where was the egg laying back in volume one?
    Do you know something about Flerkens that we don't? Why would it have laid eggs previously? If it's some kind of alien why would its cycles have anything to do with Earth norms?

Fantastic Member

I'm betting the 2nd to last page is a red herring.
    This is my bet too, either it's not Chewie, or she didn't lay those eggs. KSD's just having fun with us IMO

^ I don't know. In that interview she said people were going to love it or hate it. Doesn't sound like a status quo moment to me. She jokingly referred to it as her jump the shark.

It will be too much of Chewie gets a costume.

Quote Originally Posted by heiro5 View Post
    Do you know something about Flerkens that we don't? Why would it have laid eggs previously? If it's some kind of alien why would its cycles have anything to do with Earth norms?
    I dont know anything about Flerkens, but I do know a little bit about cats and I'm fairly sure that beyond being a little more grumpy than the usual, Chewie has never been shown to be anything more or less than a regular cat (who has on occasion been used as a thrown weapon).

~ Black Panther.

Look at it this way. If Chewie is an alien he'll probably have weird alien powers and can join these guys:
    MJ5M2rvl.jpg
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.