Page 15 of 822 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nojarama View Post
    So what the hell was up with the Free Comic Book Day Guardians comic? Carol is on the cover & she wasn't even in the issue? WTF?!!
    The cover was promoting the new team line-up which will include her and Venom.
    In the comic we don't even see Venom in action.

Yeah it's weird, but I get it.

Extraordinary Member

It probably got more attention on it.

Amazing Member

question about the last issues before the new one comes out,

spoilers:
    who's that dude she kisses at the airforce base? i just read the first KSD captain marvel series and he's not in it(?)
    end of spoilers

i didnt know if i was supposed to talk about stuff that happens in the older issues or not

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by imawizard View Post

spoilers:
    who's that dude she kisses at the airforce base? i just read the first KSD captain marvel series and he's not in it(?)
    end of spoilers

i didnt know if i was supposed to talk about stuff that happens in the older issues or not

It's not really crucial to the overall plot, people were discussing him when the comic first came out so I don't think revealing his identity is a big deal.

He's James Rhodes, Tony Stark's friend. In the Iron Man movies he was played by Terrence Howard and Don Cheattle. In the comics, he's sometimes War Machine/Iron Patriot.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by imawizard View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I think it's fine to talk about old issues, as long as they've been released for at least half a day or so... When I can't get right to my lcs on Wednesday, or don't have time to read stuff immediately, I take it upon myself not to nose around threads where I might read things I don't yet want to know about.

The guy she's making out with (and seems to be dating) is Warmachine, James "Rhodey" Rhodes. I think KSD is using this "romance in progress" in part to mark that some time has past since we last saw Carol, at the end of this run's Volume 1. They are both Air Force, and heroes. I think it's a good match. But you didn't miss anything there, we just got thrown in with that having become a thing while we weren't looking.

EDIT: Things move fast here abouts.

Somebody is gonna do a review thread for tomorrow's issue right?
    I gotta wait 8+ hours before I get my hands on my copy tomorrow afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Somebody is gonna do a review thread for tomorrow's issue right?
    I gotta wait 8+ hours before I get my hands on my copy tomorrow afternoon.
    Of course. This is the one book I pick up digitally...

... because I can't be bothered to wait to go to the comic shop after work. 6pm is so late!

Extraordinary Member

I've been hearing rumours about that, so I guess its true.

Invincible Member

CM #4 was a lotta fun. I really enjoyed David Lopez's art. Excellent facial expressions used throughout.

One of the front windows of my LCS has been a Captain Marvel feature since the release of the new #1 issue. It's still there.

So I'm buying my comics this evening, and chatting with the manager like I usually do. The front door is propped open since it's a really nice night out. Suddenly, this guy who had been outside smoking pokes his head in and says, "Hey. I just saw your front window and... how long has Captain Marvel been a woman?"

The manager and I both sort of grin at each other, since we're both huge fans. Manager says, "About two years." Then I tell the guy, "July 11, 2012."

He was impressed.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    One of the front windows of my LCS has been a Captain Marvel feature since the release of the new #1 issue. It's still there.

So I'm buying my comics this evening, and chatting with the manager like I usually do. The front door is propped open since it's a really nice night out. Suddenly, this guy who had been outside smoking pokes his head in and says, "Hey. I just saw your front window and... how long has Captain Marvel been a woman?"

The manager and I both sort of grin at each other, since we're both huge fans. Manager says, "About two years." Then I tell the guy, "July 11, 2012."

He was impressed.
    You should have told him that technically Capt Marvel's been a women like three times. It would have blown his mind (smiley face).

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post

He was impressed.
    You have a cool comic store.

Extraordinary Member

Thats interesting.

good issue this month.
    I surrender to the Contest

Yeah, solid issue this month and it feels like Lopez is starting to find his comfort zone with Carol. I've been one of the few who has not been overly impressed with his work (serviceable but lacking style and zing) but I noticed a solid improvement this time around.

Also very glad to see a little bit of "Captain Marvel: Avenger Ambassador to Alien Empires" this issue. Thus far it's felt pretty small ball, but with this issue we're seeing Carol start to get into the nitty gritty political intrigue and I gotta admit, the results were better than I had hoped for. Controlling that temper is likely going to be Carol's greatest weakness.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.