Page 16 of 822 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116516 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Arthur Adams variant for Captain Marvel #3

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Extraordinary Member

Thats incredibly good!

that's the exact same face as on his variant for Ms Marvel.

AND PEOPLE CALL LAND A HACK!
    I surrender to the Contest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    that's the exact same face as on his variant for Ms Marvel.

AND PEOPLE CALL LAND A HACK!
    It's the same image...
    He isn't tracing or reusing a face.
    Adams is using the EXACT image.

Not sure what that's a problem.

humour. it is a difficult concept...

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post

Is it just me, or does that face make Carol look like she's about 13 years old?

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, does look like a kid!

Not your dad, I swear Ghostwise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Mr. Adams has really captured Hepzibah's facial expression, but the fur is coloured all wrong.
    Writeups.org -- huge encyclopaedia of characters, chiefly from super-hero comic books. It's great.

humour. it is a difficult concept...
    Haha! Online it can be, because the interwebs are a tone vacuum (where nobody can hear you smile).

I love me some Art Adams, and there's a lot to like about the Capt Marvel he's drawn, but the face is distractingly young looking. He skews to a round-faced baby doll thing with his female characters but it has really gotten away from him here.

Meanwhile, the piping on the costume that circles under her arms, is it red or gold? I wish editorial would decide and put out an internal memo. For my money, I prefer it red.

she looks weirdly like Meggan Braddock to me...

I thought the same thing, actually.

Not your dad, I swear Ghostwise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I thought the same thing, actually.
    C'mon, it's clearly Hepzibah. I understand that the lack of bushy tail can throw people off, but... guys !

Though it could be Betty from Rat Queens.
    Writeups.org -- huge encyclopaedia of characters, chiefly from super-hero comic books. It's great.

Amazing Member

The well defined crotch area is disturbing

Really big into the gold piping on the chest, wish more artists included it

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, solid issue this month and it feels like Lopez is starting to find his comfort zone with Carol. I've been one of the few who has not been overly impressed with his work (serviceable but lacking style and zing) but I noticed a solid improvement this time around.
    This is how I feel about his work as well. He is an excellently solid artist, but lacking in "style." To me, he would be better serviced on a book like Hawkeye, Daredevil, Batman or Captain America. We've kind of gone from one extreme (Soy & Andrade) to the other with him. However, who would work better? Guillem March, definitely got style. Sami Basri...might be too soft a color palet for Captain Marvel. I would love to see Sara Pichelli move over to the book personally. Any way, just throwing out some names. Other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    This is how I feel about his work as well. He is an excellently solid artist, but lacking in "style." To me, he would be better serviced on a book like Hawkeye, Daredevil, Batman or Captain America. We've kind of gone from one extreme (Soy & Andrade) to the other with him. However, who would work better? Guillem March, definitely got style. Sami Basri...might be too soft a color palet for Captain Marvel. I would love to see Sara Pichelli move over to the book personally. Any way, just throwing out some names. Other suggestions?
    Well, it seems to me the book needs an artist who can make all the crazy alien/space stuff look cool but also grounded and believable, and not like a bad 60's era movie, who can capture the human elements and the big action equally well, and make Carol look great without going overboard on the cheescake. And most of all the book needs an artist that stands out; someone who isn't just going to blend in with everything else on the stands while not pushing readers away.

For my money, I say Stjepan Sejic. He's done work for Top Cow; Witchblade, Artifacts, Aphrodite....and his work always amazes. I'm fairly certain there is nothing that guy cannot do. I heard he's not overly interested in working for the big Two companies, but I have no idea how true that is.

Past him.....I've really liked David Messina's work on The Bounce, over at Image. I think he's got the right style for Captain Marvel, though I'd want the entire artistic team brought over, those colors are too good not to steal.

At the moment, that's about all I've got. Oh, Ivan Reis of course. Ryan Sook perhaps.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.