Page 227 of 822 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327727 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 12326
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I would say that Carol is up there with Wonder woman in sheer power. Storm would qualify too. I would say Blue Marvel would be more of a Superman analogy followed by Thor who's fought him.

Side note, apparently some Big Red cheese fans think Carol should pick a different name and give Back the captain Marvel name to Billy. Personally I think they would wind up sharing it. They're two different people and both would get along with one another I think, at least pre nu52 billy, this new one is...odd. Also took offense to the OP calling carol a rather nasty name but others came to her defense so.
    DC had their chance with the Captain Marvel name and lost. They took the rights from Fawcett comics, and as a big FU they purposely shelved the character for years. Then when Marvel came along with their own Captain Marvel in the 60s, DC couldn't do anything about it. So, if Shazaam fans are still pissed about Marvel having the rights to Captain Marvel, then they should be pissed at DC.

Do you have a link to whoever said this about Carol? I would like to argue with this person.

Edit: I personally don't like the idea of both characters sharing the same name, because whenever I do a google search of Captain Marvel, I do not want to see Billy Batson. Also annoying, my Captain Marvel searches sometimes yield results of Captain America.
    Last edited by Mike82; 03-05-2015 at 01:29 AM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    DC had their chance with the Captain Marvel name and lost. They took the rights from Fawcett comics, and as a big FU they purposely shelved the character for years. Then when Marvel came along with their own Captain Marvel in the 60s, DC couldn't do anything about it. So, if Shazaam fans are still pissed about Marvel having the rights to Captain Marvel, then they should be pissed at DC.
    I agree on that DC made a huge misstep, but no one knew exactly what was going to happen. I just wish they would have just left his name in the book Captain Marvel as well, Since he can't say his name twice in a row because that changes him back. Also kind of sad that Marvel and DC hold the trademark on Superhero (or is it copyright, can't remember at the moment), so no one else can use that on a cover of a book. It's not really that they're pissed about the shazam thing as the cover on the book in most cases. It's the fact that DC has gone and said, "Well may as well call him Shazam," even though part of the power thing is that if he says his name he get's poofed to Billy. Captain M, or something could have worked in the book.

Do you have a link to whoever said this about Carol? I would like to argue with this person.
    Here you go although the OP was already banned. Line 4 is where the trouble starts in regard to Carol,

4. The idiotic renaming the character for the sake of the illiterate and lazy is needless pandering, completely ruining the naming of the characters. It also leaves the door wide open for a certain blonde bimbo to forever take captive the name.
    Yeah apparently to this guy Carol is a blonde bimbo. Note, most DC people do not see her that way at All, seems to be just this guy.

Edit: I personally don't like the idea of both characters sharing the same name, because whenever I do a google search of Captain Marvel, I do not want to see Billy Batson. Also annoying, my Captain Marvel searches sometimes yield results of Captain America.
    Billy held the title long before Carol or Marv-ell, so he's going to have the most connected images to the name. Same with Carol to Ms. Marvel. You can find Kamalah but you have to usually sift through lots of Carol first and be specific. Yep, people seem to equate him to the Marvel name and call him (Steve) that from time to time. smh.

I agree on that DC made a huge misstep, but no one knew exactly what was going to happen. I just wish they would have just left his name in the book Captain Marvel as well, Since he can't say his name twice in a row because that changes him back. Also kind of sad that Marvel and DC hold the trademark on Superhero (or is it copyright, can't remember at the moment), so no one else can use that on a cover of a book. It's not really that they're pissed about the shazam thing as the cover on the book in most cases. It's the fact that DC has gone and said, "Well may as well call him Shazam," even though part of the power thing is that if he says his name he get's poofed to Billy. Captain M, or something could have worked in the book.
    I'd heard that the "new 52" had retconned the transformation spell so it would require a certain intonation to work, after that he could go around saying his name all he liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin0985 View Post
    I'd heard that the "new 52" had retconned the transformation spell so it would require a certain intonation to work, after that he could go around saying his name all he liked.
    really?? It seems like the times he transformed he just says SHAZAM...perhaps i missed it.. Nice pic of Mari from Evangelion by the way!

I would say that Carol is up there with Wonder woman in sheer power. Storm would qualify too. I would say Blue Marvel would be more of a Superman analogy followed by Thor who's fought him.

Side note, apparently some Big Red cheese fans think Carol should pick a different name and give Back the captain Marvel name to Billy. Personally I think they would wind up sharing it. They're two different people and both would get along with one another I think, at least pre nu52 billy, this new one is...odd. Also took offense to the OP in that thread calling carol a rather nasty name but others came to her defense so.
    That ship has long since sailed. Part of the reason they made his name Shazam permanently was not just the rights issue, but because that's what everyone thinks his name is thanks to the two TV shows he had in the 70's. It's even the name of a whole Trope on TV Tropes.

Yep! And she knows Thor! She's perfect for the Avengers!
    Aw, c'mon - use the gif...

Can see her using the exact same line in the MCU without blinking.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

Winnick FTW!

Yvonne Strahovski is still my #1 pick, but the more I see Kathryn Winnick the more I like her as Carol.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Magick is Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by snark^ View Post
    Katheryn Winnick will fight Katie Sackhoff for the Captain Marvel role...

The more I see her, the more I agree she should be Carol.

Magick is Everywhere

Yeah, so many great choices, but only Captain Marvel. Maybe for Captain Marvel 2, they could do a Carol-verse movie. All the alternate reality Carol's join forces to fight evil! That way, you can have Kathryn and Yvonne in the same movie.
    Kathryn in the suit and Yvonne in the black outfit. Win-win.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

One of the missing areas, is Captain Marvel's domain, HALA FIELD! It must be announced next week, before June Solicits. Dont know if it'll be inside Captain Marvel book or a new Hala Field one.
    Last edited by RafDanvers; 03-06-2015 at 07:22 PM.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by snark^ View Post
    Aw, c'mon - use the gif...

Can see her using the exact same line in the MCU without blinking.
    I'm sure she'd say "strike you down" vice strike you dead. Heroes don't kill.

Carol will be the most powerful hero in the mcu. So, she won't need Thor. Or instead, Thor fails, and Carol is like, "Nevermind, I'll do it myself!"

Then Carol flattens the bad guy. Yeah, it would be Thor saying "May Captain Marvel strike you down!"

BANNED

Gonna go a bit far afield here and I may be wrong, but in the latest My Little Pony Comic (I'm a fan, that show has gotten me through some very, very dark times since Mom died), I think Captain Marvel and Kelly Sue were referenced, indirectly. If I get a chance later I'll scan the page. In the storyline Spike visits a comic shop and is shown a comic "Flashfire" by Scaly Sue. I could be wrong.

BANNED

Have to edit, they didn't make it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark; 03-07-2015 at 03:11 PM.