Page 250 of 822 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300350750 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 12326

I read all my comics as downloads.
    I surrender to the Contest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that Marvel should have close out the UU long before Joe Loeb ruined it with Ultimatum. The original goal for UU was to gear it as Teenage readers. Now it's just a shell of its former self.

It might have interesting to see UU Carol Danvers and 616 Peter Parker in a relationship because she's not a super heroine, as well as having a normal job to keep her busy.
    Why is it that all of your posts involve Spiderman? There is a separate subforum to talk about Spiderman. Besides a Carol without powers is lame.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Why is it that all of your posts involve Spiderman? There is a separate subforum to talk about Spiderman. Besides a Carol without powers is lame.
    I don't know. A Carol without powers could be interesting if written well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I don't know. A Carol without powers could be interesting if written well.
    They already did Carol without powers when they gave Rogue her powers. That just sucked. I liked the Ascension storyline. She technically still had her powers, but didn't use them. It was a callback to her espionage days. That was pretty cool, but I prefer a superpowered Carol. It just seems a bit unfair to give all the guys the cool superpowers.

They already did Carol without powers when they gave Rogue her powers. That just sucked. I liked the Ascension storyline. She technically still had her powers, but didn't use them. It was a callback to her espionage days. That was pretty cool, but I prefer a superpowered Carol. It just seems a bit unfair to give all the guys the cool superpowers.
    Just because that one sucked doesn't mean it couldn't be done well though.

Don't misunderstand me though, I'm with you in preferring her with her powers (unless it's supposed to be an origin story but even then by the end of it I want her to have powers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Just because that one sucked doesn't mean it couldn't be done well though.

Don't misunderstand me though, I'm with you in preferring her with her powers (unless it's supposed to be an origin story but even then by the end of it I want her to have powers)
    I didn't mind the Ascension storyline though. That was pretty cool, proving she could kick ass as a spy.

What's wrong with talking about Spiderman? He's good friends with Carol, so it's not irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Color
    That's amazing! My two favorite Marvel gals together! Though I kinda wish Jess was wearing her new costume.

BANNED

In a recent interview, Kevin Feige explains why Carol was cut from the film.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2130560/capt...age-of-ultron/

By the sounds of it, he's in favor of giving her a proper origin story, rather than just throw her in with the Avengers. Avengers: IW will be more like two separate movies, as opposed to a cliffhanger. I wonder how this will work out with Carol's origins if she's still introduced before her solo movie.

Kind of an odd decision, I think. I mean, look at all the heat that previously unknown to the mainstream characters like Thanos and Howard the Duck got from seconds-long cameos. Having Carol show up in a brief COMING SOON TO THE MCU type after-credits scene would get the people excited, I have no doubt.

Astonishing Member

I was talking about the Ultimate Universe version of Carol Danvers who does not have super powers at all in a relationship with Peter Parker(Earth-616) provided if the two universes merged(for a time) of which Earth-616 Peter Parker might get stuck in Earth-1610 which is the ultimate universe when it becomes it own once again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I was talking about the Ultimate Universe version of Carol Danvers who does not have super powers at all in a relationship with Peter Parker(Earth-616) provided if the two universes merged(for a time) of which Earth-616 Peter Parker might get stuck in Earth-1610 which is the ultimate universe when it becomes it own once again.
    Don't you mean "if"?
    It seems pretty clear that the Ultimate Universe is going away for good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by surgeon_general View Post
    Don't you mean "if"?
    It seems pretty clear that the Ultimate Universe is going away for good.
    I think that the Ultimate Universe should had ended long before Joe Loeb came along and destroyed what made it spectacular in the first place. Too many needless deaths that lead the UU to be a shell of its former self. The smart thing to had done was to keep the brand independent from the mainstream Marvel Universe with its own budget and overhead. Ultimate Peter Parker was very good until Bendis ran out of ideas. Instead of allowing another writer to take over, Marvel allowed him to kill him off so that he could stay on with another Spider-Man character. Wouldn't had been ideal to allow Bendis to continue working on his spinoff character while allowing another writer like Tom Defalco and Ron Frenz to take over Ultimate Peter Parker?

But going back to Ultimate Universe Carol Danvers. I feel that if Earth-616 Carol Danvers never had superpowers like Mar-Vell, her role might have been similar to her Ultimate Universe counterpart.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    Kind of an odd decision, I think. I mean, look at all the heat that previously unknown to the mainstream characters like Thanos and Howard the Duck got from seconds-long cameos. Having Carol show up in a brief COMING SOON TO THE MCU type after-credits scene would get the people excited, I have no doubt.
    Unless she using her powers though, it could go either way. Non-comics fans might be intrigued or they might just get confused like, "Ok, lady in the air force, so...?"

yeah, and I know some folks when I saw GOTG were like 'a duck? wtf?' whereas I loudly went 'holy shit, HOWARD THE DUCK!' and I could then hear people going 'who's howard the duck?'

okay, it was in Britain, but the point still stands some folks might get who the character is, everyone else won't. I don't think anyone got who the hell the weird grey dude in Egypt was at the end of DOFP when I saw it. except me, obvs.
    I surrender to the Contest

I didn't mind the Ascension storyline though. That was pretty cool, proving she could kick ass as a spy.
    Yeah that was a good story I agree.