Page 265 of 822 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365765 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 12326
    Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Well, i loved both Reed and Kelly Sue runs
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Which is perfectly fine!

We can all like different things, as long as we aren't dicks about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fordel View Post
    Which is perfectly fine!

We can all like different things, as long as we aren't dicks about it!
    You're certainly speaking the language of smart people. But too bad portions of the Web aren't apparently smart.

Personally, I thought Reed's run was okay, except for Wonder Man, and Carol's weird inferiority complex, and basically everything that happened after Secret Invasion.

KSD's much better at characterization, but her plotting is not the strongest.

Amazing Member

Reed did a good job revisiting past villains but he should have revisited new ones much sooner. The Civil War really side-tracked the direction he was building and put Carol in a bad position. Sometimes I think Marvel should just let Reed and one of those artists just do a 12 issue mini-series focused on a single plot for Carol. No cross-overs and no special guest characters. (Except Jessica Drew)
    Last edited by Red Mask; 05-13-2015 at 06:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post
    Reed did a good job revisiting past villains but he should have revisited new ones much sooner. The Civil War really side-tracked the direction he was building and put Carol in a bad position. Sometimes I think Marvel should just let Reed one of those artists just do a 12 issue mini-series focused on a single plot for Carol. No cross-overs and no special guest characters. (Except Jessica Drew)
    Brian Reed did a very good job with pairing Carol and Peter Parker together. It's surprising that throughout Reeds run, he didn't use Jessica Drew all that much as a guest character in Carol's solo title as opposed to Spider-Man. What might be fun to see is a Peter Parker and Jessica Drew team-up, as well as another Carol Danvers and Spider-Man adventure. Although, it hasn't happened in KSD's 2nd Captain Marvel run for either Jessica Drew or Peter Parker to work alongside Carol Danvers.

The one villain that would be cool to see is either Nimrod, Omega Red, or Dr. Octopus against Captain Marvel.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 05-13-2015 at 06:06 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Brian Reed did a very good job with pairing Carol and Peter Parker together. It's surprising that throughout Reeds run, he didn't use Jessica Drew all that much as a guest character in Carol's solo title as opposed to Spider-Man. What might be fun to see is a Peter Parker and Jessica Drew team-up, as well as another Carol Danvers and Spider-Man adventure. Although, it hasn't happened in KSD's 2nd Captain Marvel run for either Jessica Drew or Peter Parker to work alongside Carol Danvers.

The one villain that would be cool to see is either Nimrod, Omega Red, or Dr. Octopus against Captain Marvel.
    None of the villains that Reed created? I'd like to see those come back.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Reed was building up Carol, to where she is now. He had to deal with personal issues to make her the confident hero she is now. She is living in real life, the dream she started to follow after House Of M. Thats why both series are fantastic, to me.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Does anyone know if there is a list of Carol-centric or Carol-heavy books for Secret Wars? I just finished issue 15, and I'd like to read more Captain Marvel stuff without reading the entire secret wars (at least until we know if the series will worth reading as a whole). I know Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps already.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Quick question, I just finished Captain Marvel In Pursuit Of Flight and severely disliked it. Does the series get better? I bought all 4 trades in a lot.
    I'm going to say that the "Does it get better?" question is nearly impossible to answer. The first story arc was fairly divisive. People either seemed to LOVE it or HATE it. (I found it it fairly moving - I read it as more of an emotional story than an action/hero story.)

You might want to try skipping to the second volume when she goes into space. The first volume, as a whole, is very introspective. The second definitely has a big tonal shift and moves over to more of an adventure story.

Quote Originally Posted by kuraikawa View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a list of Carol-centric or Carol-heavy books for Secret Wars? I just finished issue 15, and I'd like to read more Captain Marvel stuff without reading the entire secret wars (at least until we know if the series will worth reading as a whole). I know Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps already.
    So far, the only announced series that she will definitely be a major player in in CMatCC. She may have a presence in Civil War. As far as the main Secret Wars title, she's one of the 616 survivors pulled out of the final incursion so maybe she'll have a larger role as it goes on (not so much in issues 1 & 2)
    Last edited by klynn; 05-13-2015 at 11:56 AM.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

BANNED

Guys. This issue. I came back to the board to talk about this issue. Guys. I don't know.

Just saw this on KSD's tumblr. Pretty stinkin' great.

Now I will excuse myself until the weekend when I get a chance to pick up comics...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Guys. This issue. I came back to the board to talk about this issue. Guys. I don't know.
    Same. I've been down on this space volume we've been getting, I haven't liked it at all other than a couple exceptions(mainly issue 1 and 9-11) but this issue, this issue brough me back for this and I'm super optimistic about CMatCC(is that what we are calling it?).

Also is Teddy a new character or just one I forgot about.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Yeah. Today's issue was lovely.

I think I like this book best when it gets emotional.