Page 266 of 822 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366766 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 12326
    More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I do think that a major appeal of the current Captain Marvel is that she can effortlessly go between Earth-bound adventures and cosmic adventures, and between a completely normal civilian life and a life far more fantastic than even most superheroes can hope for. The only other superhero that I can think of right off the top of my head who can do this is Superman.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Just read the latest issue...#15. Best most perfect issue of the entire freaking year. And it's not even half over. It will take a lot of work to top that one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Rock View Post
    Same. I've been down on this space volume we've been getting, I haven't liked it at all other than a couple exceptions(mainly issue 1 and 9-11) but this issue, this issue brough me back for this and I'm super optimistic about CMatCC(is that what we are calling it?).

Also is Teddy a new character or just one I forgot about.
    I believe this is the first of any back story we get about Tracy, other than that she and Carol used to work at the magazine together.

I also haven't been reading since #4 or so (currently catching up in Unlimited). But anyone who hasn't been reading the second volume because of the space stuff, read this. In fact, if you've read the first volume and have no interest in catching up with the new one, read this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Yeah. Today's issue was lovely.

I think I like this book best when it gets emotional.
    Did you read KSD's letter at the end? I have so much respect for that woman.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I read it again...have to say I really loved the relationship between Carol and Tracy. We get glimpses of a similar relationship between Carol and Jess here and there and I would love to see that explored a little more.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Wow, i cried. How beautiful, heroic and human and emotional was it? The letter was just touching. Inspiring. Kelly Sue, you write the best Carol ever!
    Last edited by RafDanvers; 05-13-2015 at 07:37 PM.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

This issue was so touching. It's always a pleasure when Captain Marvel goes to these emotional stories.

And I had no idea Tracey was gay before now. She and Teddy were so adorable together.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02qt65y
    In reading this article that Carol would appreciate, about a 92 year old female spitfire pilot from WWII returning to the air, it occurred to me for the first time of the relevance of the name "Spitfire" to aeronautics. Perhaps Lady Jacqueline Falsworth would make nice addition to Captain Marvel's circle of friends and allies.
    http://marvel.com/universe/Spitfire

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Yeah. Today's issue was lovely.

I think I like this book best when it gets emotional.
    Can we get a play by play, lily? Anyone?

I'm unable to get my copy for a few days.

Issue #15 was beautiful, easily the best of Vol 2... but it also highlights everything that was wrong with Vol 2. Removing Carol from NY and her friends was a big mistake, she shines when she is around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Can we get a play by play, lily? Anyone?

I'm unable to get my copy for a few days.
    This is the real short summary and not really a play-by-play because I'm at work and don't have the book in front of me. But...

spoilers:

Carol comes back to earth expecting a happy reunion with everyone, only to find out that she's about a week too late and Tracy has died. (Rhodey, Jess, Wendy and oldSteve are there.) There's a bunch of flashbacks showing the start of Tracy's relationship with her own girlfriend/partner/wife(?), and how Carol helped Tracy through it when she died - helped her get the courage to go spread the ashes, and move on. Tracy leaves Carol a cane that Carol had given her (relating to Carol helping Tracy get out of the house when she was housebound with her own injuries and grief), and gives Carol instructions to spread her ashes on the beach. Carol brings the crew to the beach, only to find out that the urn is empty - save for a note where Tracy explains that she left her body to science, but that forcing Carol to go have a day on the beach with her friends was her final gift to her. Jess splashes Carol. Jess gets dunked.

Then it ends with a long, touching letter from KSD talking about an aunt of hers that she lost last year.
    end of spoilers

I started welling up and then Jess made that gag about Tracy hiding in the urn and it made me lol, so I didn't cry.
    I surrender to the Contest

Astonishing Member

This feels like this is KSD's last issue of Captain Marvel..

Fantastic issue. Really, really sweet and sad and great. And some great humour, too, especially via Jess.

On a weird note: This is the second time in this volume that KSD's outed a character after removing them from the supporting cast. Just kinda odd.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Fantastic issue. Really, really sweet and sad and great. And some great humour, too, especially via Jess.

On a weird note: This is the second time in this volume that KSD's outed a character after removing them from the supporting cast. Just kinda odd.
    I can't think of the other one off the top of my head who is it? That alien that hung around for way too long?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Rock View Post
    I can't think of the other one off the top of my head who is it? That alien that hung around for way too long?
    Jackie. The tentacle-head alien from the first arc.