Page 316 of 822 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416816 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I'm also super concerned about what it means for the movie. The old suit will be long gone by the time they sit down to design the movie, and some of the things gs that I can tolerate on Anka's model (the hair and belt) will NOT look okay on a live person.
    I'm assuming it means nothing for the movie. All of the movie costumes have been inspired by the comics, not directly copied. I'm pretty sure that if it doesn't look good on whoever they hire to be Carol, they'll change it.

Also, theory:

The new design elements in her costume do seem to give it a slightly more sci-fi vibe, as opposed to military-inspired. Since she seems to be space faring again in the upcoming volume, maybe they just wanted to sci-fi it up a bit?

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Im totally into it! She's a cosmic guardian of Earth. Her most important role ever. As much as i loved McKelvie's first version i prefer Anka's redesign, it's such a big upgrade and fits perfectly her new mission. Really hoping its the base for the movie, from hair to boots.
    Last edited by RafDanvers; 09-10-2015 at 07:52 PM.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Straight from Captain Marvel panel at Long Beach Comic Con...

FIRST IMAGE FROM CAPTAIN MARVEL BOOK!

SHE LOOKS SO FIERCE!! FUNCTIONAL, GORGEOUS and BADASS!! Kris Anka, THANK YOU! <3

SEEMS LIKE THERE'S OFFICIALLY NO MORE HELMET - i used loved it but the new design has more details and doesnt fit the helmet. Let the detais and hair shine.

COvyN8MWUAEmmGH.jpg
    Last edited by RafDanvers; 09-12-2015 at 07:07 PM.

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

NEWS STRAIGHT FROM CAPTAIN MARVEL PANEL at LBCC! via @captmarvelnews on twitter

1- The helmet is officially gone. She doesnt need it for protection,so its extraneous. Short hair, new costume, sash and belt with 4 pouches

2- It'll be Carol & Alpha Flight on a space station.Some familiar members of the Alpha Flight and some new ones. Abigail Brand is a big part

3- Carol is the first line of defense. GotG are defending outer space and Avengers watch over the surface of the planet.

4- Series coming in January-ish. 5 issues arc most likely. The page we saw is unfinished & will probably change. More info coming at NYCC!!

Alpha Flight!

Didn't see that one coming.

So Alpha Flight will make up her supporting cast? Arent they mainly dead? Did SW resurrect them?. Such an odd combination bc Im not sure if she has had much of anything to do with the group before

Well they are getting some new faces too apparently, so I guess we will have to wait and see who shows up.

Seriously though, did ANYONE see this coming?

Alpha Flight? I mean, I'm Canadian. I like Alpha Flight. I think they get too little appreciation.

But really? Alpha Flight as Earth's first line of defence against alien invasions? That's just bizarre.

Well, I'm still glad to see them get some use. I'm hoping for Punk Marrina to be a part of the group. She's awesome.

I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So Alpha Flight will make up her supporting cast? Arent they mainly dead? Did SW resurrect them?. Such an odd combination bc Im not sure if she has had much of anything to do with the group before
    The Alpha Flight dead members (Snowbird, Aurora, Northstar and Sasquatch) were resurrected during Chaos War and stayed alive, reuniting with Guardian, Vindicator, Shaman and Marrina
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Captain Marvel is one of the main Marvel focuses within the next three years, at least <3 So it must be a good thing for the Alpha Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    The Alpha Flight dead members (Snowbird, Aurora, Northstar and Sasquatch) were resurrected during Chaos War and stayed alive, reuniting with Guardian, Vindicator, Shaman and Marrina
    You have that mostly backwards. Snowbird, Aurora, Northstar and Sasquatch were the few Alphans to survive the Bendis plot, mostly due to being in other storylines at the time. Shaman, Vindicator, Guardian and Marrina were the ones resurrected during Chaos War, and how Puck came back from being King of Hell hasn't been explained, so far as I know.

So far as this news goes, I think it's mostly positive. To start, we're getting AF presented by a strong creative team! And I’m so SO much in favor of greater interaction between the MU factions, so by all means, bring AF into Carol’s book! I’m also not at all put off by Alpha Flight in space – tbh, MU Canada gets one note for the team really darn quick. They’re either up against Dept H, Master of the World, or Wendigo(s), lather, rinse, repeat. So a change of setting is well overdue. This also seems like it has a good chance of pulling one or both Beaubiers into the cast, what with the Terrigen mists making Earth a suckier place for mutants than usual. God knows I’d love to see Aurora written by a woman again; maybe then she’ll be handled with a modicum of sympathy instead of reduced to the boy and/or batshit crazy bitch or the perpetual victim.

The main worries I have involve this turning into a book with an overly bloated cast (one of the many shortcomings of the last AF series, imo) and there are some "classic" characters I'd be just as happy not to see. But I'm still keeping an eye on this.

Nothing here relieves my anxiety about this new volume ....

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    Straight from Captain Marvel panel at Long Beach Comic Con...

FIRST IMAGE FROM CAPTAIN MARVEL BOOK!

SHE LOOKS SO FIERCE!! FUNCTIONAL, GORGEOUS and BADASS!! Kris Anka, THANK YOU! <3

SEEMS LIKE THERE'S OFFICIALLY NO MORE HELMET - i used loved it but the new design has more details and doesnt fit the helmet. Let the detais and hair shine.

COvyN8MWUAEmmGH.jpg
    Anka's art is as bland to me as Lopez's was. I find his faces strange and I hate the haircut. I know this is just one image, but based on his X-Men work, I don't have much hope for the art in this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    NEWS STRAIGHT FROM CAPTAIN MARVEL PANEL at LBCC! via @captmarvelnews on twitter

1- The helmet is officially gone. She doesnt need it for protection,so its extraneous. Short hair, new costume, sash and belt with 4 pouches

2- It'll be Carol & Alpha Flight on a space station.Some familiar members of the Alpha Flight and some new ones. Abigail Brand is a big part

3- Carol is the first line of defense. GotG are defending outer space and Avengers watch over the surface of the planet.

4- Series coming in January-ish. 5 issues arc most likely. The page we saw is unfinished & will probably change. More info coming at NYCC!!
    Seems like she's being completely redefined in preparation for the movie. Marvel is taking complete authorship of the character now. Sounds like the new team, who has no real investment in her, is only planning to be around for the first arc, as I expected. And its already being delayed (it was originally announced for December). It feels like it might be going the way of X-Men with different creative teams for each arc. I'm loosing confidence already.....
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Gonna love to see all the negativity and pre conceptions disappearing after issue 1.

Avengers 0 wraparound variant cover, by Arthur Adams! Featuring heroes fom the A family for the All New All Different era!!!

Avengers-0-Adams-Wraparound-Variant-d8a31.jpg

Ultimates, A-Force, New Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, All New All Different Avengers and Squadron Supreme.

Here's the FULL AVENGERS 0 preview featuring a beautiful Captain Marvel page. http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...el-comics-2015
    Last edited by RafDanvers; 09-14-2015 at 07:51 AM.