Page 497 of 822 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547597 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 12326
    Extraordinary Member

It's perhaps best not to mention Carol's current actions in Civil War II on the appreciation thread, since for many of us there is little or nothing there to appreciate.
    Last edited by brettc1; 08-10-2016 at 03:30 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    It's perhaps best not to mention Carol's current actions in Civil War II on the appreciation thread, since for many of us there is little or nothing there to appreciate.
    I don't think that makes sense. Will we have to stop talking about her current books because people don't appreciate the relaunches? About her appearance because some people prefer her Ms Marvel look? About anything she does on some book cause some think she's being written badly?

Ultimate Member

I think that you can mention part. Part of "appreciating" a character involves criticizing/critiquing when they're being written/portrayed poorly, at least imo. For example, the people who don't care much for the current BP book have no problem bringing it up over on the BP appreciation thread.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I've found plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't think that makes sense. Will we have to stop talking about her current books because people don't appreciate the relaunches? About her appearance because some people prefer her Ms Marvel look? About anything she does on some book cause some think she's being written badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I think that you can mention part. Part of "appreciating" a character involves criticizing/critiquing when they're being written/portrayed poorly, at least imo. For example, the people who don't care much for the current BP book have no problem bringing it up over on the BP appreciation thread.
    I agree its definitely fine to talk about things that concern you, or things you don't like about how a character is currently being handled. Most of that criticism comes from a place of love, after all. And, given the how these characters are handed from writer to writer to writer with different ideas and creative voices... there will always be times you love it and times you don't.

On the other hand... there's also a difference between constructive criticism/concern and hyperbole-ridden complaining. The latter does get a bit old, at times.

(I actually have very few opinions on how Carol is being handled. I sort of hit my upper limit on event fatigue last summer during Secret Wars... so I'm struggling to keep up with this one. If anything, I just wish Carol got a star turn in a big event BEFORE that happened.)

Fantastic Member

Nicole Perlman talks little about the upcoming Captain Marvel movie, the article is pretty short and she doesn’t go to much detail here:

http://mcuexchange.com/captain-marve...onted-feature/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Perhaps the appreciation threads here work different,y than on the Wonder Woman boards.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

So I just finished both Marvel Masterworks for Ms Marvel. Terrific read, terrific. You know what else? They were good.

I have some of Brian Reed's trades, but I think I'm going to give some Avengers a read before continuing my adventures with Carol.

123.jpg

This scene, that's why I love her. Really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum09 View Post
    123.jpg

This scene, that's why I love her. Really appreciate it
    Same here Vacuum. That page really hit me. I loved it.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

My only comment to that article

my-brain-is-full-of-****.jpg

"she’s her own person and she’s a great character."

If she is her OWN person, then why should the origin be changed??
    It seems that her whole characteristics are denied

Oh my.

I don't want to immediately jump to "butt hurt fan" or anything but.....I .... I mean...Green Lantern was absolute BALLS.
    So....I mean... this would be Marvel's chance to take the similar themes there and do a GOOD job with them.

No alien poop cloud, as the villain for starters. That's an easy fix right there.

I'm not one to finger wag film adaptations but...I sure hope they don't just go an borrow some OTHER hero's origin and just say "Yeah, this is Carol's origin now"

<gasp>
    Is CAROL going to be the first Cinematic INHUMAN?? awwwgawd.

DAMN YOU LANTERN!!!! You're RUINING everything long after your expiration!
    Last edited by Fokken; 08-11-2016 at 07:34 AM.

Wait, what? She has the same origin than Green lantern? So according to Nicole Perlman, Carol got her powers from a dying alien that gave her a power ring... Really? That's too stupid...Now I'm starting to lose my faith in the movie...