Page 500 of 822 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    So are Carol and Jessica good friends? I seem to remember them being on opposing sides in the Time Runs out storyline just before Secret Wars. In fact during Hickman's Avengers run, Jessica seemed closer to the Black Widow than any other Avengers member.
    Well, because Carol had sided with the SHIELD-Avengers, meanwhile Jessica was on the run.

does Carol no longer absorb energy attacks i.e. electricity?

Fantastic Member

As far as I know she can still absorb energy attacks. She said that she absorbed some engery in the last issue of Captain Marvel.
    Last edited by Distraction; 08-15-2016 at 02:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

She also absorbed energy in the fight with Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    So are Carol and Jessica good friends? I seem to remember them being on opposing sides in the Time Runs out storyline just before Secret Wars. In fact during Hickman's Avengers run, Jessica seemed closer to the Black Widow than any other Avengers member.
    Best friends. They may not always agree on everything... nobody does. But, they're very close. (Carol is the godmother to Jessica's son, etc.)

It dates back to Avengers Annual #10 when Rogue attacked Carol. Jessica, who was a total stranger to her at the time, saved her life. Jessica was the one who called Xavier to help her... and she even traveled back to Westchester with Carol. She, a total stranger, stuck by Carol's side when she felt like all of her previous friends had abandoned her. That builds a very strong bond.

They've ended up on the opposite side of conflicts before. Their friendship's remained intact.

I read the 4th issue of CW2 now, it left me speechless.. wtf??? Carol in 'Captain Marvel' is totally different from Carol in 'CW2'...Sorry I couldn't say that nice, but I was shocked

I am thoroughly enjoying this arc Carol is going through.

Supes Dramz.

Carol needs a hug that's for sure.

And in regards to Carol and Jess friendship...it's probably one of the most honestly depicted and long lasting friendships in comics( at least Marvel. I think Danny and Luke the only other friendship that comes close.) I love it.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Ultimate Member

Tony and Rhodey maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Tony and Rhodey maybe?
    Nah. There've been a fair few times where Rhodey just sort of vanishes from Tony's life without comment, including most of Bendis' Invincible run so far (at least until he remembered what he was planning in CW2 and threw in a "THIS PERSON STILL EXISTS" appearance) and the Kieron Gillen run before it. Fraction handled it well but I don't think the guys before him did.

By comparison, even when Jessica was largely absent from Brian Reed's Ms. Marvel you'd still see the two hanging out in Avengers books. After they'd officially met, I think the only times Carol and Jess were separate for a notable period were the Binary days (because space) and however long Jessica was replaced by Veranke.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

All-New Member

(Long-time reader, first time caller. Hi!)

Carol and Jess in the latest Spider-Woman book is giving me all of the friendspiration! I can't wait to see how things shake out with CWII. Seeing them clash is heartbreaking, but I have faith in Hopeless and the Gages (new band name? New band name) and that they'll dig in to what it means to have a monumental disagreement with your best friend.

Welcome to the thread, FlerkenCat. I'd greet you with our signature 'Avengers Assemble'-ish warcry but we don't have one yet. Not enough good words beginning with 'C' that carry the same meaning...thought about 'Carol Corps, Combine!' but that sounds like we're gonna form Devastator. I call left arm.

On an equally silly note, a few minutes ago I got waylaid by Olympics coverage and came across a weightlifter from Spain named Lidia Valentin, and...

lidiavalentin_cm1.jpg
    lidiavalentin_cm2.jpg

...missing a star, but I'm not the only one seeing this, right? Coincidence? (probably, yes, but still)
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Welcome to the thread, FlerkenCat. I'd greet you with our signature 'Avengers Assemble'-ish warcry but we don't have one yet. Not enough good words beginning with 'C' that carry the same meaning...thought about 'Carol Corps, Combine!' but that sounds like we're gonna form Devastator. I call left arm.

On an equally silly note, a few minutes ago I got waylaid by Olympics coverage and came across a weightlifter from Spain named Lidia Valentin, and...

lidiavalentin_cm1.jpg
    lidiavalentin_cm2.jpg

...missing a star, but I'm not the only one seeing this, right? Coincidence? (probably, yes, but still)
    I saw that too, but i thought of Zarya from Overwatch instead.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I saw that too, but i thought of Zarya from Overwatch instead.
    Same here.

Also, happy 500th page Carol Corps!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlerkenCat View Post
    (Long-time reader, first time caller. Hi!)

Carol and Jess in the latest Spider-Woman book is giving me all of the friendspiration! I can't wait to see how things shake out with CWII. Seeing them clash is heartbreaking, but I have faith in Hopeless and the Gages (new band name? New band name) and that they'll dig in to what it means to have a monumental disagreement with your best friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post

lidiavalentin_cm1.jpg
    lidiavalentin_cm2.jpg

Welcome to the forums FlerkenCat, this place can be a lot of fun but also incredibly frustating. Good Luck.
    Also, i would prefer that we combine into a Megazord, so i can be one of the optional weapons that switches in and out. This is because i read this thread a lot but rarely post here.
    Everything Lives!