Page 505 of 822 FirstFirst ... 5405455495501502503504505506507508509515555605 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    I'm comfused. Hasn't he been writing Captain Marvel since this event started? Am I missing something?
    I mean, he wrote Captain Marvel #7, #8(CW2 tie-in issues), didn't he? I thought he wouldn't even write another issue any more.
    Anyway, those were phenomenal, I look forward to reading next one.

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum09 View Post
    I mean, he wrote Captain Marvel #7, #8(CW2 tie-in issues), didn't he? I thought he wouldn't even write another issue any more.
    Anyway, those were phenomenal, I look forward to reading next one.
    Ruth and Christos Gage are writing the entire CWII arc of Captain Marvel. And a quick note that it is Ruth and Christos, not just Christos. Captain Marvel's a feminist title, let's not leave out credit for a woman working on it.

of course she'd beat him. She's Cosmic class and he's Tech class and Cosmic has a class bonus over Tech.
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    But, when Carol goes super saiyan binary, then there is no stopping her.
    That's why he uses power dampeners. Or drugs her coffee with nanites. Or fights her when she's just getting over the flu. Or when she's in mourning over her cat getting hit by a UPS truck.

Seriously, that's the reason comic fight debates are usually stupid. Just about anyone can beat anyone given specific enough circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Or when she's in mourning over her cat getting hit by a UPS truck.
    NoooOOooooOOooo. Perish the thought!

Carol...Carol...Carol...I assume you're too tied up in other things to realize how much those narc cadets you've assigned to Kamala are screwing things up so badly, particularly that Becky kid.

The synopsis of her Avenger Assemble debut.

Episode 16 - "Captain Marvel":
    The Avengers join Captain Marvel in a fight to stop a powerful sentient spaceship from destroying Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Carol...Carol...Carol...I assume you're too tied up in other things to realize how much those narc cadets you've assigned to Kamala are screwing things up so badly, particularly that Becky kid.
    spoilers:
    For the record, Becky's implied to be an evil bitch who's using the war to destroy Carol and Kamala by playing them against each other.
    end of spoilers
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Carol's being very busy saving lives while others don't have to do much and don't suffer the pressure she is suffering. If Ulysses is a bad guy, she's gonna kick his ass before anyone. It's all working, more lives saved than lost.

No, Iron Man can't win in a one to one battle. Fact. Christos perfectly pointed out many ways.

Super excited for her Ultron Revolution debut! She's gonna be a member next season!

September is gonna be great! Amazing Christos and Ruth are writing till issue 10, the last CWII tie in. We've got CWII #5, Captain Marvel # 9, Ultimates #11 and the animation debut! Pretty busy!
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    of course she'd beat him. She's Cosmic class and he's Tech class and Cosmic has a class bonus over Tech.
    Well, he won against Magneto in AvX; so.......................

Amazing Member

Hmm, has anyone ever wondered if the reason Carol is making decisions that seem out of character during this whole Civil War II arc might have something to do with the whole losing most of her memories thing from a few years ago? I mean after Tony lost those couple years of memory after almost dying he sure became a different person over time then he had been before losing them. I mean heck, he was upset at what he'd done during Civil War when he read up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Oooooh that's a good point.
    And Namor lost to Ben Grimm. Under-freakin-water! What. The ever living. Feck.

Anything is possible.
    Just look at that preview for the next issue Civil War:

That there is our Captain falling from the sky -- seemingly electrified? Tony Taser? Storm shock? <shrug>

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oooooh that's a good point.
    And Namor lost to Ben Grimm. Under-freakin-water! What. The ever living. Feck.

Anything is possible.
    Just look at that preview for the next issue Civil War:

That there is our Captain falling from the sky -- seemingly electrified? Tony Taser? Storm shock? <shrug>
    Yeah, and this is supposed to get us excited for the next issue? Because of how she's written in the main event, most people hate Carol now. Its fanservicing by having Carol getting jobbed in a fight with a tazer. It's lazy writing from a storytelling perspective and disrespectful to the character. If the event is for Carol to go down in a fight, then come up with a better way to do it. Marvel is constantly lowballing Captain Marvel's powers, and its just aggregating. We all know that Iron Man is going to win this fight because Bendis always overpowers him. Carol may win the fight in her own book, which don't sell very well, but she won't be allowed to beat him in the main book.

Every single character ever published has lost a fight. That's partly what I find so amusing about the current debate. If Carol were so unbeatable and god-like there'd never be any drama because logically, nobody should ever be able to harm her or even provide a challenge.

That's not how basic storytelling works.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    that's because Tech beats Mutant.

Cosmic beats Tech beats Mutant beats Skill beats Science beats Mystic beats Cosmic
    I surrender to the Contest