Page 506 of 822 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516556606 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Every single character ever published has lost a fight. That's partly what I find so amusing about the current debate. If Carol were so unbeatable and god-like there'd never be any drama because logically, nobody should ever be able to harm her or even provide a challenge.

That's not how basic storytelling works.
    yeah but this was a case of an energy-absorber being taken out by a mild energy attack. that's how basic bad storytelling works. might as well drown Namor, next. but Carol is certainly beatable. I don't think that she's Hulk class, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    that's because Tech beats Mutant.

Cosmic beats Tech beats Mutant beats Skill beats Science beats Mystic beats Cosmic
    Ha ha ha.
    thank you for this.
    Good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    yeah but this was a case of an energy-absorber being taken out by a mild energy attack. that's how basic bad storytelling works. might as well drown Namor, next. but Carol is certainly beatable. I don't think that she's Hulk class, yet.
    We still don't know what happens. What/who causes it and how.
    Could've been a blitz attack she was unprepared for. I highly doubt this electrocution or whatever it is will completely bench her for the duration of the fight.
    Plus, Tony probably knows better than to try punching Carol, so he (or somebody present) found an alternative.

<shrug>

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Could've been a blitz attack she was unprepared for. I highly doubt this electrocution or whatever it is will completely bench her for the duration of the fight.
    It just seems like an odd choice...

We've seen her get electrocuted before on a much larger scale. (IE - getting thrown into live power lines.) It makes her stronger.

Tony should know better than to attack her with any form of energy. Firing energy at her is the equivalent of pissing off the Hulk.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Okay, I'm not following this crap event, but after seeing the image and hearing everyone's arguments? I've only got one question?

Does Carol's energy absorption require some conscious action on her part? Does she have to see an energy attack coming and actually make a conscious decision to absorb it? Or does she just absorb any energy that hits her no matter what?

If it takes a conscious action on her part, then it's possible Stark hit her while she was in some way off-guard and unprepared to receive an energy attack.

That's pretty much the only way that this scene might make sense. Well, that or the fact that it's Bendis and he is infamous for just ignoring past stories and doing whatever the Hell serves his story.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Yeah, and this is supposed to get us excited for the next issue? Because of how she's written in the main event, most people hate Carol now. Its fanservicing by having Carol getting jobbed in a fight with a tazer. It's lazy writing from a storytelling perspective and disrespectful to the character. If the event is for Carol to go down in a fight, then come up with a better way to do it. Marvel is constantly lowballing Captain Marvel's powers, and its just aggregating. We all know that Iron Man is going to win this fight because Bendis always overpowers him. Carol may win the fight in her own book, which don't sell very well, but she won't be allowed to beat him in the main book.
    Yes, because clearly, that one panel on one page is the full extent of the fight. I'm sure Carol will be in traction for the next three issues. Probably bemoaning the fact that Tony is so much smarter and stronger and just plain better than she is. That is definitely how things will go.

Come on. Tony hit her with something, it knocked her down for a second, she's going to come back and hit him back, and it'll go back and forth. That's how these things work. And anyone who genuinely thinks Carol should be able to curbstomp Iron Man is being ridiculous. Iron Man's armour is immensely powerful, and he's a genius who can't help thinking of solutions to things and probably figured out how to get around Carol's absorption power years ago. It'll be an even fight, as it should be.

As for who will win in the main book: We'll have to wait and see. Maybe neither of them does, at least not physically. We don't know where Tony's going to be in Now, but we know Carol will still be in her same position of authority, so clearly, she doesn't lose the way Rogers lost the first Civil War.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Ha ha ha.

Plus, Tony probably knows better than to try punching Carol, so he (or somebody present) found an alternative.

<shrug>
    Why would Stark punching her be ineffective? He should be at least as strong as her and she's not invulnerable to being hit by punches is she?

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Why would Stark punching her be ineffective? He should be at least as strong as her and she's not invulnerable to being hit by punches is she?
    She has the BasicSuper powerset + Energy Absorption. She's already super resilient, super fast flyer and super strong and absorbing energy makes her tougher, stronger and a faster flyer. Not Hulk level in normal mode, but if she absorbs too much energy she stop's being a cosmic power battery a become's a cosmic power flux generator known as Binary.

Last edited by Lucena Soares; 09-01-2016 at 03:57 PM.
    Everything Lives!

Ha ha ha.
    thank you for this.
    Good laugh.

We still don't know what happens. What/who causes it and how.

<shrug>
    that's true. Tony would prep to fight her.

:shrugs: she can definitely take a punch (and give back as good as she got)

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Now that's not fair on poor Wonderman.Would have been different if he had a chair and table at hand.

Now that's not fair on poor Wonderman.Would have been different if he had a chair and table at hand.
    almost assuredly. Carol has a wood allergy (wow, that sounds dirty).

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Let's face it. a few can go toe to toe with her. She has broken out of adamantium vibranium restraints, single handed taken on a Skrull invasion in Manhattan.. stopped the sun from exploding.. more recently gave Thanos the final hit. And it wont be the first time she'll give Tony some punches..
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    Let's face it. a few can go toe to toe with her. She has broken out of adamantium vibranium restraints, single handed taken on a Skrull invasion in Manhattan.. stopped the sun from exploding.. more recently gave Thanos the final hit. And it wont be the first time she'll give Tony some punches..
    All of those events, except for one, happened when she was Ms Marvel. Is it must me, or has Carol been less kick-ass as Captain Marvel? Other than going binary a few times, she hasn't done much action wise. Carol seems depowered. Maybe we need to bring back Brian Reed.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

No, im an old Carol fan and shes never been as big and poweful as Captain. She now has a lot more responsabilities and must act with more diplomacy. She's done really heroic things.. saved NY a couple of times and more.
    Last edited by RafDanvers; 09-01-2016 at 05:40 PM.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    All of those events, except for one, happened when she was Ms Marvel. Is it must me, or has Carol been less kick-ass as Captain Marvel? Other than going binary a few times, she hasn't done much action wise. Carol seems depowered. Maybe we need to bring back Brian Reed.
    She did fight an armada of Spartax ships during KSD's run. Does that work?