Page 511 of 822 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511512513514515521561611 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 12326
    BANNED

So, I saw Captain Marvel in AA. Its about time! Although its great to see her in animation, I thought it was a bit underwhelming.

-Captain Marvel spends more time flying in a plane or spaceship than without one. "Oh noes! The quinjet is going to crash!" Well, here comes Captain Marvel to save the day! ... in a world war 2 fighter. Talk about anti-climatic.

-She beat Captain America in arm-wrestling. So, she's a bully. Couldn't she have arm-wrestled somebody a lot stronger like Tony or Thor? No, we have to have that incredibly forced army vs air force silliness. A funny line about it would have been alright, but it stretched out through the entire episode. P

-Captain Marvel didn't do nearly enough punching. She didn't steal the show like the Ms Marvel version did in Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

-Also, no energy absorption powers.

-Also, I take issue with Carol's attitude. She was very cocky, which is cool. As others have said, I would like to see a more charismatic heroine, and Carol is that hero. Though, I would have liked to see her brash attitude tempered by some of that good ol' fashioned military discipline.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

WHAT A TIME! The Mighty Captain Marvel - Carol needed an adjective on her title, YES! Super excited about her new status quo after Civil WarII! Shes gonna be the worlds most popular, famous talked about hero, getting back to the AFSS. That cover is just marvellous! Wonder how CWII will finish, cant wait for tomorrow's issue!
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats actually issue #0

Here's the cover

That's a beautiful cover.

I think, sadly, this new series is going on my Marvel Unlimited list rather than pull list, but I'll keep an eye out to see how people like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    WHAT A TIME! The Mighty Captain Marvel - Carol needed an adjective on her title, YES! Super excited about her new status quo after Civil WarII! Shes gonna be the worlds most popular, famous talked about hero, getting back to the AFSS. That cover is just marvellous! Wonder how CWII will finish, cant wait for tomorrow's issue!
    what is AFSS?

BANNED

Couldn't they have given her a better title i mean "Mighty" already belongs to Jane Foster's Thor Book

so it just seems weird to give that one to carol danvers *shrugs*but that's not my biggest confusion

no my biggest confusion is that her new series got announced when her past series had not even reached #10 and it was suppose to launch in January but suddenly we get a zero issue in december for some reason

Marvel has to plan for the annual reboots, don't question the plan!

Mighty Captain Marvel
    Uncanny Captain Marvel
    Incredible Captain Marvel
    Spectacular Captain Marvel
    Adventures of Captain Marvel
    Captain Marvel Adventures
    Amazing Captain Marvel
    Invincible Captain Marvel
    Deadpool vs. Captain Marvel
    Extraordinary Captain Marvel
    New Captain Marvel
    Savage Captain Marvel
    Sensational Captain Marvel
    Superior Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Couldn't they have given her a better title i mean "Mighty" already belongs to Jane Foster's Thor Book

so it just seems weird to give that one to carol danvers *shrugs*but that's not my biggest confusion

no my biggest confusion is that her new series got announced when her past series had not even reached #10 and it was suppose to launch in January but suddenly we get a zero issue in december for some reason
    The #1 issue is still launching in January, so technically nothing changed. We just didn't knew about this #0 coming before.

Quote Originally Posted by Lojack View Post
    Superior Captain Marvel
    Go Karla!

BANNED

that's what I'm saying the zero issue is bizarre

Guys, she is a huge part of CWII... her new status quo after the war, needs special attention. Thats why zero will come out as a prelude to her #1 in January. Dont see any problem with season relaunches. Its not a reboot. Whenever a new #1 comes out, creative teams change and its easier for new reader to jump in, since the new story will not depend on the previous arc to be understandable for them as well as keeping the same or even better refreshed vibes for the old fans.

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

It was about time Captain Marvel had an adjective on her book. Mighty is pefect because she is Earths Mightiest hero! hehe

Wondering if we will have a new logo ..

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    It was about time Captain Marvel had an adjective on her book. Mighty is pefect because she is Earths Mightiest hero! hehe

Wondering if we will have a new logo ..
    I was thinking the "MIGHTY" had to come from the whole "Earth's Mightiest Hero" and also a tweak that other Captain Marvel who is "Earth's Mightiest Mortal".
    I think I might have preferred a suffix rather than a prefix on the title. "CAPTAIN MARVEL and Alpha Flight" or something to underscore the direction of the current volume (that is bound to be relaunched as part of the publishing plan anyway) ala "CAPTAIN MARVEL:Warbird" etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what is AFSS?
    Alpha Flight Space Station
    I surrender to the Contest

BANNED

Mighty Captain Marvel
    Uncanny Captain Marvel
    Amazing Captain Marvel
    New Captain Marvel
    Savage Captain Marvel
    Superior Captain Marvel

At least we passed the "Grey Captain Marvel" phase.

Extraordinary Member

Mighty Captain Marvel
    Uncanny Captain Marvel
    Amazing Captain Marvel
    New Captain Marvel
    Savage Captain Marvel
    Superior Captain Marvel

Lol thats the way it is going.

y'all forgot All-New All-Different Captain Marvel where she's replaced by an obese Black lesbian in a wheelchair or some other diverse person.
    I surrender to the Contest