Page 551 of 822 FirstFirst ... 51451501541547548549550551552553554555561601651 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 12326

I actually think that Ladies Only poker night is actually cannon. Pretty sure Stohl mentioned it in an interview. It's something Carol put together so her life isn't all work and no play.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I actually think that Ladies Only poker night is actually cannon. Pretty sure Stohl mentioned it in an interview. It's something Carol put together so her life isn't all work and no play.
    She mentioned that there would be the scene. Here, it's a dream. I guess it could be some sort of flashback, like that they done something like it before.

Admittedly... I find it odd that Kamala would be at a poker night. That seems like something for the 18+ crowd!

(Also... haha at Tasha's ballerina gear.)

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Admittedly... I find it odd that Kamala would be at a poker night. That seems like something for the 18+ crowd!
    Is gambling even allowed for Muslims?
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Is gambling even allowed for Muslims?
    Nope. Big no-no. Especially for an unmarried girl. EVERYTHING is a bigger sin if it's done by an unmarried girl.

Even playing games of chance without betting or even sitting and WATCHING a game of chance is considered a sin.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

/\ Are those things taken very seriously? Cause the bible say thousands of things that christians do all the time are sins and no one seems to care, lol.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    /\ Are those things taken very seriously? Cause the bible say thousands of things that christians do all the time are sins and no one seems to care, lol.
    I'm sure opinions differ among the Muslim communities, just as opinions differ in Christian communities. But that was how it was explained to me by a World Religion professor I spoke with.

Google "Can Muslims gamble" and you see a lot of the same attitude on a number of sites, so I'm inclined to think it's taken pretty seriously.

EDIT: The one exception I remember being mentioned was something about horse racing. I think two horsemen who are about to race each other are allowed to make a wager between themselves. I think?
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 12-15-2016 at 03:28 PM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Invincible Member

That's very interesting. Previously, I would have thought that if you weren't playing for money or material gain, there'd be a loophole...

Nope.

Religious mandates are almost always 'thou must' or 'thou must not' do something. No loopholes.

Loopholes are made by man (women) when they don't abide the mandates...

funny how horse-racing's big in the Middle East then. Or at least in Dubai and they have camel racing in parts too...
    I surrender to the Contest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    This is pretty much everybody, though. Religious or not, we all have a moral code that we don't always follow. It's called being human.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post

(Also... haha at Tasha's ballerina gear.)
    All of those women ought to be ashamed of themselves. They are all enabling Kamala to gamble. They are ENABLERS! They might as well be pettling Kamala drugs or getting her all liquored up.
    Last edited by Mike82; 12-17-2016 at 01:28 AM.

BANNED

Captain Marvel unlettered preview:

http://comicsalliance.com/mighty-cap...vel-1-preview/

Carol has no muscles and Marvel is continuing it's trend with the stereotypical "military haircut." Women in the military are about as likely to get a side buzz cut as men are. They just don't. Marvel doesn't even know what a proper military salute should look like.

Incredible Member

The art by Emilio Laiso in #0 is so much better.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    funny how horse-racing's big in the Middle East then. Or at least in Dubai and they have camel racing in parts too...
    Traditionally, the rule of thumb is that competitors showing a skill largely unaffected by luck or external circumstances are allowed to bet on themselves/their own competition. Gambling on things like lotteries, dice, or the competition of others is forbidden and discouraged as it is attempting to profit solely for yourself based on the work of others or the chance of good luck.

Some less strict countries or divisions of faith permit an extension of this to supporters or promoters, as well as anyone on someone's support team. And, yes, some allow poker, but not all card games, because poker can be justified as a skill not a game of luck. Others, like the national law of Iran, don't hold with that argument.

Actually playing games, including card games, for no profit is generally allowed except in the stricter faiths. This includes games purely of chance. Many dice-using games are considered perfectly fine by muslims around the world, while some particular faiths or individuals choose to see the denouncement of dice as a denouncement of all use of them, not just rolling craps and similar.

Games are actually encouraged if they aid you in (literal) jihad, physical or mental, and that includes social bonding and engaging with your colleagues. The moment there's money being thrown around, that part goes out the window, though, except in the cases detailed above.
    Last edited by t hedge coke; 12-17-2016 at 04:37 AM.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    The art by Emilio Laiso in #0 is so much better.
    Yeah, the art is garbage and after drawing Carol beautifully in Civil War and the Ultimates, Marvel has gone back to drawing Carol like a man.