Page 56 of 822 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156556 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Its like I said mutant problems are an X-men problem. It needs to be solved by them and and them alone.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Sorry, not able to get to my collection right now, but it is from the last Ms. Marvel run she had (written by Brian Reed). The artist is Paulo Siquiera so it would be around 32 or 34 I think.
    Thanks! The images I saw looked pretty interesting, so I might hunt down the issue.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    It was, indeed, 32!
    neat!

(10 characters)

Ultimate Member

Carol was a member of the X-Men for awhile after Rogue stole her powers, or at least she worked with them. She herself brought up her history with them when the Avengers appeared in UXM, and Cyclops even asked her to join his side. So her getting involved with/helping out with Mutant affairs would not be completely out of the blue.

1) Lets try to avoid lumping an entire fandom into some proposed "crazy" category huh? Some of us title-crossers are respectable, open minded, enjoyers of BOTH Avengers AND X-Men.

2) Carol, currently, has absolutely zero reason to immerse herself in mutant affairs. Her ties to the X-Men were washed away, along with pretty much everything else after her brain got Ctrl Alt Delete(d). Carol is the Avengers' appointed Cosmic liaison, currently. Allow her to thrive and flourish in her new role. Leave the civil rights and fighting for equality to the Uncanny Avengers.

Additionally, arguing that a specific community dealing with prejudice (fictional or otherwise) is up to them and them alone to solve? That's just ignorant (forgive me) backwards, anti-logic, thinking presumably made by people who likely haven't had to overcome adversity in their lives -- or perhaps are unfamiliar with world history. It may begin with said community, but it ENDS when people beyond that community help to MAKE change.

3) Lets get this Captain Marvel appreciation thread back on track and actually discuss Captain Marvel, instead of (inadvertently?) offending posters that happen to be fans of BOTH heroes.
    3A) CHEWIE.

Chewie IS, in fact, a Flerken??? UGH. I am super bummed out. I was really hoping he was just a standard, every day, ordinary, fuzzy bebbeh. Sigh. Hopefully the comedic aspect of the whole ordeal cranks my funny bone hard enough that I find myself voting: Flerken>Cat
    3B) Have Carol and Ronan the Accuser crossed paths before? If so, was it friendly or hostile?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Except that Uncanny Avengers sucks at dealing with those issues. And I'm fine with the cosmic stuff, I WANT to see it. I just don't accept the premise that Carol cannot/should not get involved with Mutant affairs. There's no reason why she SHOULDN'T.
    She's in space. She's dealing with reclaiming her identity. She's trying to help whole communities of extraterrestrials from being blown to bits. She's got plenty of stuff on her plate to deal with.
    Could she get involved down the line? Certainly.
    Personally, I felt she would have been a PRIME candidate for the Uncanny Avengers Unity team -- but that was when she had a long history of involvement with BOTH teams --an attachment she no longer has, unfortunately.

BANNED

Sometimes, when you've just had a bad day, you need to say, "Screw it, I'm taking my cat and going to space for a month." Lots of characters do it. Replace "cat" with "dragon" and "space" with "Canada" (which may or may not be the same thing) and you have Kitty Pryde at the end of Battle of the Atom. Replace them with "escrima sticks" and "Chicago" and you have Dick Grayson after death of the family. Replace them with "consciousness" and "lay down right here" and that's Godzilla in his last movie. Sometimes heroes need breaks.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

This is a Carol Danvers APPRECIATION thread. If you want to discuss the X-Men, then there is a whole forum full of threads on the subject. Seek out appropriate discussion there. If you are here in this thread for any reason other than appreciating Carol then you are likely in the wrong place. There are threads for individual issues, team books, etc. that may be more in line with what you want to discuss.

Now carry on with the Captain Marvel APPRECIATION. Thanks.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Personally, I'm enjoying the space arc, I just wish when it is over, that KSD tries to re-establish Carol's previous relationships. The mind wipe was something that I feel hurt her more than was played to her benefit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    The point is she went into space seeking adventure not to help people if that was the case she would have stayed on Earth.
    On Earth she's on hero among thousands, if the entirety of heroes aren't helping enough people one more person won't make a difference. Not in the mu anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Personally, I'm enjoying the space arc, I just wish when it is over, that KSD tries to re-establish Carol's previous relationships. The mind wipe was something that I feel hurt her more than was played to her benefit.
    The mind wipe took away the things I liked most about her.
    Last edited by Rochedalaix; 07-15-2014 at 09:08 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    1) Lets try to avoid lumping an entire fandom into some proposed "crazy" category huh? Some of us title-crossers are respectable, open minded, enjoyers of BOTH Avengers AND X-Men.

2) Carol, currently, has absolutely zero reason to immerse herself in mutant affairs. Her ties to the X-Men were washed away, along with pretty much everything else after her brain got Ctrl Alt Delete(d). Carol is the Avengers' appointed Cosmic liaison, currently. Allow her to thrive and flourish in her new role. Leave the civil rights and fighting for equality to the Uncanny Avengers.

Additionally, arguing that a specific community dealing with prejudice (fictional or otherwise) is up to them and them alone to solve? That's just ignorant (forgive me) backwards, anti-logic, thinking presumably made by people who likely haven't had to overcome adversity in their lives -- or perhaps are unfamiliar with world history. It may begin with said community, but it ENDS when people beyond that community help to MAKE change.

3) Lets get this Captain Marvel appreciation thread back on track and actually discuss Captain Marvel, instead of (inadvertently?) offending posters that happen to be fans of BOTH heroes.
    3A) CHEWIE.

Chewie IS, in fact, a Flerken??? UGH. I am super bummed out. I was really hoping he was just a standard, every day, ordinary, fuzzy bebbeh. Sigh. Hopefully the comedic aspect of the whole ordeal cranks my funny bone hard enough that I find myself voting: Flerken>Cat
    3B) Have Carol and Ronan the Accuser crossed paths before? If so, was it friendly or hostile?
    Yeah she currently doesn't have a reason to get involved in mutant affairs I meant mostly for her first series that came out around AvX back than it would have been perfect for her as it was a hot thing with new mutants popping up everywhere not so much anymore since the timing is off. I really hate the mind-wipe because her having friends from all walks of life is what I liked most about her.

I am really looking forward to see Bendis write Carol in Guardians of the Galaxy as long as he doesn't start with the Carol is fat jokes again. Also since Guardians of the Galaxy are in the top 25, and have a movie coming out soon it might help boost the sales of the Captain Marvel series so at least Marvel got the timing right for that. If this doesn't help for the series, than I don't know what is going to happen because we are only 5 issues in and are already close to the under 20k cancellation point. It is also a shame there won't be a original sin Captain Marvel tie-in to help boost sales. If Captain Marvel does get cancelled I hope it gets picked up by a new writer preferably Chris Claremont.
    Last edited by Rochedalaix; 07-15-2014 at 09:06 AM.

BANNED

Interesting point on that, Carol has been through so much and has been in so many corners of the mu it's kinda surprising that there is no original sin link to her.

Extraordinary Member

I was going to get a comic today, but I passed on CM. Did I make the right choice?

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I was going to get a comic today, but I passed on CM. Did I make the right choice?
    No. No, you did not.