Page 601 of 822 FirstFirst ... 101501551591597598599600601602603604605611651701 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    ^ This. Great post overall, but this especially.
    #DyingHappy

Was rereading some old Avengers stories came across this...

ms1.jpg

ms2.jpgms3.jpg

Damn, sometimes I forgot just how powerful Carol is... A nuke to the head!!! Is it just me or does this feat put her up there with Hulk durability wise?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Was rereading some old Avengers stories came across this...

ms1.jpg

ms2.jpgms3.jpg

Damn, sometimes I forgot just how powerful Carol is... A nuke to the head!!! Is it just me or does this feat put her up there with Hulk durability wise?
    I think she has ways to go, like an upgrade or 2 before she gets physically with the likes of Thor and Hulk. The Carol/Hulk scene Hickman wrote doesnt help her case much. Given they want her to be one of the most powerful characters in the MCU, and upgrade might happen down the road in the comics. Seems like it might be why Dr. Strange was depowered because of the MCU..

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/carol-...e-res-1849142/

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I think she has ways to go, like an upgrade or 2 before she gets physically with the likes of Thor and Hulk. The Carol/Hulk scene Hickman wrote doesnt help her case much. Given they want her to be one of the most powerful characters in the MCU, and upgrade might happen down the road in the comics. Seems like it might be why Dr. Strange was depowered because of the MCU..

Carol seemed pretty powerful in her fight with Tony at the end of civil war ii but I think bendis and marvel did that intentionally I don't think there's anything wrong with making her more powerful than she ever was before some people tend to take issue with characters seemingly becoming more powerful than they ever were prior....I think she's quite powerful though she has super strength after all hence why she slaughtered Tony in their fight in d.c.

Wow, those are some pretty insane feats... A lot of people under-estimate her overall strength especially in Binary Mode (hope that makes it into the movie)...

The Carol/Hulk scene Hickman wrote doesnt help her case much.
    What scene are you referring to? What happened??

Part of that durability comes from her ability to absorb energy... so an explosion like that makes her more powerful! Hulks probably arguably more durable in the face of something she can't absorb... since he's often considered the pinnacle. But really... invulnerability vs. invulnerability's kind of hard to measure I suppose.

... she went toe to toe with the Sentry shortly after she got all nuke-powered.

BANNED

Wow, those are some pretty insane feats... A lot of people under-estimate her overall strength especially in Binary Mode (hope that makes it into the movie)...

What scene are you referring to? What happened??
    Binary would be awesome to see. I'd be surprised if it didn't make it. Given it looks like it's in the MvC Infinite game. It would be cool to see WWH, WBH as well in a later marvel movie, Zom possessed Strange.

This scene gets brought up alot.
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...n+marvel+2.png
    It's suggested by users that her punch had no effect on Hulk and only tired her out.

If you piece what happened prior it looks somewhat better, but still an obvious difference.
    http://m.imgur.com/a/LKpAY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Carol seemed pretty powerful in her fight with Tony at the end of civil war ii but I think bendis and marvel did that intentionally I don't think there's anything wrong with making her more powerful than she ever was before some people tend to take issue with characters seemingly becoming more powerful than they ever were prior....I think she's quite powerful though she has super strength after all hence why she slaughtered Tony in their fight in d.c.
    It would be extremely satisfying to see her pull something off like this.

It's weird how in power tiers she should be more powerful then Mar-Vell by now but her placement never seems to match. You would think Marvel would put more weight into "Earth's "Mightiest" Hero"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Tony was severely punked in that last fight, compared to a guy who has gone eight rounds with Magneto in AVX.

He actually did better a few issue back. In #8 he might as well be wearing the Ironmonger suit.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Tony was severely punked in that last fight, compared to a guy who has gone eight rounds with Magneto in AVX.

He actually did better a few issue back. In #8 he might as well be wearing the Ironmonger suit.
    A few issues back he did have a device that caused Energy Absorption to harm her. Recently she seemed to solve that problem with Blue Marvel taking care of it.

Magneto ended up leaving in the Iron Man fight in AvX, which somehow constituted as a victory for Stark?

Extraordinary Member

A few issues back he did have a device that caused Energy Absorption to harm her. Recently she seemed to solve that problem with Blue Marvel taking care of it.

Magneto ended up leaving in the Iron Man fight in AvX, which somehow constituted as a victory for Stark?
    If you can fight magneto one on one and not die or be treated with disdain, then yes, that's a victory.

So Blue a Marvel solved that problem. I wondered.

Good for Blue Marvel.

A fight between Magneto and Carol would be worth seeing.

As regards the DC fight, it didn't help Tony that he wasn't trying to kill her.
    Last edited by brettc1; 02-03-2017 at 10:18 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    If you can fight magneto one on one and not die or be treated with disdain, then yes, that's a victory.

So Blue a Marvel solved that problem. I wondered.

Good for Blue Marvel.

A fight between Magneto and Carol would be worth seeing.

As regards the DC fight, it didn't help Tony that he wasn't trying to kill her.
    I'd call a fight where both characters are still standing a draw. I guess you could make the argument it's a win because Mags conceded but doesn't help in reference.

Tbf I don't think she was trying to kill him either. She kept saying to stand down, it came off as her losing control of herself. Which is a bit ironic given how her point was being in control of the future.

I'd love to see Carol face off against a lot of powerhouses, it's rare that it happens. Overall really hard to name a premier fight she's been in until recent. There's Thor vs Hulk. There's Gladiator vs Hulk, Sentry vs Thor. Heck Jane hasn't been around that long as a hero and she has alot of really badass fights against top characters like Thor, Odin, The Destroyer, Cho Hulk, Angela.

If I had to bring up fights for Carol.my only mention would be against Moonstone and her recent one against the Hulkbuster armor.

Last edited by MadFacedKid; 02-03-2017 at 10:35 PM.

Didn't Carol take out Count Nefaria that one time??

BANNED

Didn't Carol take out Count Nefaria that one time??
    I think of if I'm remembering correctly that was purely Energy based. Which makes sense given his powers depend on energy and Carol is an Energy absorber.

I think of if I'm remembering correctly that was purely Energy based. Which makes sense given his powers depend on energy and Carol is an Energy absorber.
    Did some googling... Carol solo'd Nefaria with little help from Wolverine.. Impressive feat considered Nefaria single highhandedly took out the Avengers on several occasions... But you're right it was because of her energy adsorbing powers giving her the edge... Still Danvers is a real underated heavy hitter