Page 664 of 822 FirstFirst ... 164564614654660661662663664665666667668674714764 ... LastLast
Results 9,946 to 9,960 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    In the comics? I'd say her strength is a small step below Thor, Sentry, and Hyperion but well above Iron Man. Hulk likely is two steps above her.

Her flat-out speed is likely on par, or just above, Thor's, well beyond Hulk's (cause he ain't all that fast, really), a small step below Sentry and Hyperion (who are both on a Silver Age Superman level of crazy powerful), and well above Iron Man (who really isn't on the same physical level as the others at all).

Her agility and reaction time is likely just above all of them except maybe Hyperion and, if he's having a good sane day, Sentry. She should be able to dodge stuff the others just try to push through. Carol's connection to energy wavelengths has always put me in the mind of someone who's quick on their feet, as opposed to the flying bricks who just stand there and take the hits.

Her energy blasts are likely not as powerful as Thor's lightning (god, after all) and is likely a bit below Hyperion's heat vision and Sentry's solar blasts. But her upper limits, such as when she starts to absorb energy, should equal and/or surpass them. And as always, she's got more raw power than Iron Man.

So she might not win an arm wrestling contest with anyone except Tony (who she'd crush), but in an actual fight she should be able to hold her own quite well, and if she fights smart, pull out a win against any of them (assuming Sentry doesn't just go balls crazy and melt half the planet). I imagine she's a better fighter than any of them except Thor. Thor's got centuries of experience on his side after all, and has fought gods and monsters across ten different planes of reality and countless planets. Carol's only in her 30's or so, can't really expect her to match that.

In the movies? We'll see. But she'll be a heavy hitter in any case, and if the hype proves true, she'll be the new Alpha in the movies. Which is fine with me, I got no issue with that as long as the story is good.
    I'm pretty sure that if Thor goes all out, CM isn't really slightly below.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    she looks like she is empowered by the Phoenix.

BANNED

She looks SOOO good in that game!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I'd argue Binary could potentially be above or next to a all out Thor.
    I prefer Carol over Stark but I think it's to soon to she's above Ironman, Bendis isn't typically one who goes off consistency. And Carol's issue power wise is she lacks alot of those really good feats, and powerhouse fights.

Look at her comic series for example. It looks like we're going to see Carol clash with Natasha... Hell give Carol a powerhouse fights with hell, I think a Carol/JaneThor fight would be fun if done right. Cosmic energy powers vs Elemental storm summoning and a physical clash. Have Jane fight Angela, or Cho, hell get her in a altercation with Adam Brashear and show her up.

Err, you say she doesn't have any really good feats, right after you mentioned one(specially cause that was a "Marvelbuster" armor, so any of Tony normal ones shouldn't even stand a chance), but apparently it doesn't count because of who wrote it?... Even without that though, just looking at her powerset, how could Iron Man possibly be above her?...

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    She looks SOOO good in that game!
    it also reminds me of a Super Saiyan.

if she looks like that in the movie when she is serious then I'm not surprised that she will be WAY above Thor.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Oh man, I trust Feige and the movie guys will be a lot more creative with Cap Marvel visuals in her film. She looks like a poor mans version of the Pheonix in this game. A cheap rip-off. Marvel Studios will make her stand out more.

BANNED

The MCU is what gives me hope that Carol is really going to get better in the comics. Movie synergy doesn't always have good effects on the comics (Guardians of the Galaxy) but in Carol's case I'm really optimistic that they are going to find something new that works for her as well as bring out the best of what's already there.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Err, you say she doesn't have any really good feats, right after you mentioned one(specially cause that was a "Marvelbuster" armor, so any of Tony normal ones shouldn't even stand a chance), but apparently it doesn't count because of who wrote it?... Even without that though, just looking at her powerset, how could Iron Man possibly be above her?...
    Technically, any armor Stark dubs "XYZ Buster" tends to fail spectacularly against the person for whom it was specifically designed. Hulkbuster armor? Failed. Thor Buster armor? Failed.

I'm not sure there's ever been an in-canon comic book story in which Stark has successfully "busted" anyone for whom he's designed a "Buster" suit of armor. It's practically a tradition. He beat Hulk in the MCU, but he never specifically called that suit "Hulkbuster."

So Carol beating a suit of "Marvel Buster" armor isn't all that impressive. EVERYBODY beats Stark's Buster Armors.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

So the first trade collection of The Mighty Captain Marvel has dropped... I'm reviewing it for the website I work at and... does anyone like the first arc? I'm both unimpressed and rather bored by it, which is a crying shame since Carol is a great and well-liked character (I mean, look at this appreciation thread. People love her), but her recent stories aren't doing her justice in the slightest.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    So the first trade collection of The Mighty Captain Marvel has dropped... I'm reviewing it for the website I work at and... does anyone like the first arc? I'm both unimpressed and rather bored by it, which is a crying shame since Carol is a great and well-liked character (I mean, look at this appreciation thread. People love her), but her recent stories aren't doing her justice in the slightest.
    It was pretty disappointing honestly I liked the zero issue though but after that it fell apart pretty fast...it would've be better I think if the story focused on how the events of civil war ii and it's ending was effecting Carol as well as also setting up her role in secret empire.

I think captain america steve rogers did a better job of birth which is sad because I think Carol's solo series could've at least tried to do that but instead we got a really disappointing and boring first arc to the new series.

Her secret empire tie in arc is a bit better just barely though the main complaint with the arc I have is that Carol herself feels like a supporting character in her series when she should be the main character of her series but instead she's being treated as a supporting character in her own book being overshadowed by the rather uninteresting and bland and I would even say annoying alpha flight cadets.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 08-27-2017 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Technically, any armor Stark dubs "XYZ Buster" tends to fail spectacularly against the person for whom it was specifically designed. Hulkbuster armor? Failed. Thor Buster armor? Failed.

I'm not sure there's ever been an in-canon comic book story in which Stark has successfully "busted" anyone for whom he's designed a "Buster" suit of armor. It's practically a tradition. He beat Hulk in the MCU, but he never specifically called that suit "Hulkbuster."

So Carol beating a suit of "Marvel Buster" armor isn't all that impressive. EVERYBODY beats Stark's Buster Armors.
    Whether it's impressive or not, and whether people beat ir or not, it's still canon that those buster armors are more powerful than his usual ones, so that's all just against the argument that he's above her really. And about not being called Hulkbuster on the movies, well, Wanda Maximoff wasn't called Scarlet Witch either, but are you seriously gonna say that she doesn't count as a Scarlet Witch adaptation? It was called Hulkbuster on merchandise anyway.

Well, the last pages of this thread are all filled with disappointed with the current book, so...

Thats unfortunate but to be honest, I think Carol works better in team titles than in a solo. Ive always found her more enjoyable to read in the Avengers books. Speaking of which, is she currently an Avenger and if so, which book features her?

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats unfortunate but to be honest, I think Carol works better in team titles than in a solo. Ive always found her more enjoyable to read in the Avengers books. Speaking of which, is she currently an Avenger and if so, which book features her?
    The problem with that is she's more of a supporting character in a team book format hence why I think that yeah it's great to have Carol in a team book I think it's very important for Carol to have and retain a solo series.

With that said I hope they'll put her in a team book for marvel legacy maybe when mark waid leaves which I think he will leave the avengers after he does his avengers vs champions crossover and the avengers gets roster change then Carol can join the team especially with the ending of and what I assume is the husbanding of the ultimates team.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 08-27-2017 at 05:17 PM.

it also reminds me of a Super Saiyan.

if she looks like that in the movie when she is serious then I'm not surprised that she will be WAY above Thor.
    Well, one or two feats aside, MCU Thor hasn't really been all that impressive. Yet. Im hoping to see a better take on Thor in Ragnarok and Infinity War. If there was ever a movie to get Thor at the power levels he should be at, its a fight with Hela or Thanos.

Thor does have a whole lot at his disposal.

Its funny, a few weeks ago I was thinking about how Thor fights and realizing that in the comics he's not really living up to his potential. Fighting Thor should be like fighting the biggest hurricane you've ever seen, that is personally pissed off at you specifically. Endless bolts of lightning, winds capable of shredding houses to splinters, hail the size of your head, rain that hits like bullets, and in the middle of it all is a dude who's as strong and tough as Superman. Oh, and his hammer? It's like getting hit by a collapsed star. That's the kind of badass Thor *should* be. And a couple days after I was thinking about this we get the first real throw-down with the War Thor, which basically hit all the things I was thinking about. I was quite happy to see that, and also sad that it wasn't Odinson.

*That* kind of Thor is beyond Carol's regular limits, I think. But I think there's an argument in Carol's favor; when Thor goes all "War Thor" and stops holding back, Carol can go Binary. I'm pretty sure that puts them on roughly equal footing. Granted, Thor fighting to his potential is a different thing than Carol getting a short-term power boost (which is what Binary has become) but still, I think Carol's close to Thor's range in the way they've been presented. At least close enough to make her winning a fight possible (even if the odds might not favor her).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Its funny, a few weeks ago I was thinking about how Thor fights and realizing that in the comics he's not really living up to his potential. Fighting Thor should be like fighting the biggest hurricane you've ever seen, that is personally pissed off at you specifically. Endless bolts of lightning, winds capable of shredding houses to splinters, hail the size of your head, rain that hits like bullets, and in the middle of it all is a dude who's as strong and tough as Superman. Oh, and his hammer? It's like getting hit by a collapsed star. That's the kind of badass Thor *should* be. And a couple days after I was thinking about this we get the first real throw-down with the War Thor, which basically hit all the things I was thinking about. I was quite happy to see that, and also sad that it wasn't Odinson.

*That* kind of Thor is beyond Carol's regular limits, I think. But I think there's an argument in Carol's favor; when Thor goes all "War Thor" and stops holding back, Carol can go Binary. I'm pretty sure that puts them on roughly equal footing. Granted, Thor fighting to his potential is a different thing than Carol getting a short-term power boost (which is what Binary has become) but still, I think Carol's close to Thor's range in the way they've been presented. At least close enough to make her winning a fight possible (even if the odds might not favor her).
    the battle against Glory was one of the best Thor fights I ever read.

it was not very long but it portrayed how OP Thor is.

yeah, Binary is certainly OP.