Page 700 of 822 FirstFirst ... 200600650690696697698699700701702703704710750800 ... LastLast
Results 10,486 to 10,500 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Gorgeous piece. I'm EVEN loving the hair.

she looks so young

BANNED

Gorgeous piece. I'm EVEN loving the hair.

She looks like Scarlett Johansson to me

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed.

Carol’s old costume was just downright impractical.

And ugly and bland. It was generic female costume 101 which was almost identical to other female heroes back then when they were basically dressed in bikinis.

The new red, blue and gold is far more practical and the colors pop.
    What's practical for a super hero that is powered by a white hole?

BTW, she is wearing a one-piece. Which is tremendously far off from a bikini.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post

Spiderman wears a one piece.

Ultimate Member

It’s literally a one piece bikini and a sash.

Why should a superhero wear a one piece bikini? Didn’t make sense to me as a kid and still doesn’t make any sense now IMHO.

Spiderman wears a one piece.
    he wears a bodysuit

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It’s literally a one piece bikini and a sash.
    there's no such thing as a "onepice bikini."

That's like saying here's my pet a catdog.

A bikini is made up of two separate parts while a one piece is made up of one piece.

Why should a superhero wear a one piece bikini? Didn’t make sense to me as a kid and still doesn’t make any sense now IMHO.
    What doesnt make sense about it?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Face it, Carol will never use the Ms. Marvel name or costume again. That name and it's associated thunderbolt symbol are Kamala's now.
    That's probably true. Kamala has been successful enough for Marvel to want to keep her around as Ms. Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Likewise, Carol seems to have cemented her ownership of the Captain Marvel mantle.
    That... I'm not so sure of. I honestly feel like that the push for Carol as Cap. Marvel in the comics can only be taken so far if she continues to perform below expectations. I'm not saying they're going to throw her in limbo or something like that, as I'm sure they'd be creative enough to do other things with her. But the only incentive they seem to have right now for pushing her (the movie) is not a long-term guarantee of success in the comics. Heck, it might not even be a short-term guarantee of success. I feel like if Carol doesn't prove she can hold her own solo book as Captain Marvel for the next few years, Marvel might just get tired of trying. I mean, Brie is not gonna play Carol forever either; that's just how live action works. So how far will they be willing to take this push, if it's still not working, even after their one incentive is gone? Of course, all of this could change if the push actually pays off and she actually manages to be a breakout solo star after her movie. But we have to be realistic and consider that this might not happen. Considering how the Captain Marvel name has been traditionally passed around, I don't think it's unthinkable that they might wanna try it with someone else to spark some new interest in the mantle while trying a different identity for Carol (maybe she could go with Binary again?). Honestly, I'd support that if it meant getting Marvel out of the vicious cycle they've created for Carol in current comics. I hate the animosity that has arisen towards her in recent times and I want her to be the character people want to read about, not the character people are tired of reading about.

Case in point: The Mighty Captain Marvel has been missing from the solicits for 2 months now, but Margaret Stohl reassures fans, again, that it's not cancelled (which just goes to show how baffling is Marvel's ability to not let it go LOL) and she's still working on something for the character. If it turns out to be ANOTHER solo relaunch, is ANYONE expecting it to fare ANY differently from the previous one, specially considering they are keeping the same writer? It's just tiring. They have to break the mold at some point.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-29-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Lol, yes when we didnt have MMA Carol Danvers, meaning most of her existence in comics, a costume like that and the woman liking it was fine.
    what's MMA about her? and why are you using it as a slur?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    She has short hair and isn't drawn as super-sexualized anymore? So that automatically makes her "butch" or "not feminine" to some people.

MMA Carol Danvers?

Unless your definition of MMA is having short hair and being fully covered, then I'd say the first one is clearly more like that lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/..._surrender_dd/

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13
    Were there any characters that almost had a role in No Surrender but ended up getting cut? If so, are you able to tell us who?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Zub
    Carol Danvers does not get to do much in the story, unfortunately. We'd hoped to have her do more, but didn't end up having the space for it with everything else jam-packed in there. Something had to give and that was one of the spots that got left on the cutting room floor, as it were.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    How did you reach the conclusion that this was a slur?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    She has short hair and isn't drawn as super-sexualized anymore? So that automatically makes her "butch" or "not feminine" to some people.
    You DO know that there are female MMA fighters, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    MMA Carol Danvers?

Unless your definition of MMA is having short hair and being fully covered, then I'd say the first one is clearly more like that lol.
    I was talking about the body type.

Hey! 700 pages! Happy.....page anniversary?.....everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That... I'm not so sure of. I honestly feel like that the push for Carol as Cap. Marvel in the comics can only be taken so far if she continues to perform below expectations. I'm not saying they're going to throw her in limbo or something like that, as I'm sure they'd be creative enough to do other things with her. But the only incentive they seem to have right now for pushing her (the movie) is not a long-term guarantee of success in the comics. Heck, it might not even be a short-term guarantee of success. I feel like if Carol doesn't prove she can hold her own solo book as Captain Marvel for the next few years, Marvel might just get tired of trying. I mean, Brie is not gonna play Carol forever either; that's just how live action works. So how far will they be willing to take this push, if it's still not working, even after their one incentive is gone? Of course, all of this could change if the push actually pays off and she actually manages to be a breakout solo star after her movie. But we have to be realistic and consider that this might not happen. Considering how the Captain Marvel name has been traditionally passed around, I don't think it's unthinkable that they might wanna try it with someone else to spark some new interest in the mantle while trying a different identity for Carol (maybe she could go with Binary again?). Honestly, I'd support that if it meant getting Marvel out of the vicious cycle they've created for Carol in current comics. I hate the animosity that has arisen towards her in recent times and I want her to be the character people want to read about, not the character people are tired of reading about.

Case in point: The Mighty Captain Marvel has been missing from the solicits for 2 months now, but Margaret Stohl reassures fans, again, that it's not cancelled (which just goes to show how baffling is Marvel's ability to not let it go LOL) and she's still working on something for the character. If it turns out to be ANOTHER solo relaunch, is ANYONE expecting it to fare ANY differently than the previous one, specially considering they are keeping the same writer? It's just tiring. They have to break the mold at some point.
    Well, its true that there's no telling what the future holds, and historically the Captain Marvel title hasn't been very successful. And who knows how the new EIC will handle the properties, he might not be as big a fan of movie synergy as Alonso is/was. But odds are the comics will continue to chase at least a degree of synergy.

And odds are the movie is going to be, at the least, serviceable. So if that's the case, Carol keeps the role in the comics as long as Brie keeps the role in film, and I dont think its unreasonable to think she might hold it for 8-10 years, as other MCU actors have. If the movie fails, then maybe all bets are off, but it takes comics so long to change course Carol will still be Captain Marvel for a year after the movie hits. We're good for about two years no matter what. And if Brie does hold down the role for the better part of a decade? Carol's pretty much cemented as Cap'n. By then it'll have been sixteen-ish years, and not a lot of characters lose a title after that long.

The solicit thing, and Stohl's remaining on the book, is worrisome. But we don't know why this is happening. The delay may have to do with personal problems with the creators and not Marvel at all. Stohl staying on the book.....I think we all agree she needs to go, but I also think Marvel, like us, is getting tired of just throwing random creators at Carol and hoping something sticks again (we really can't underscore the amount of capital KSD bought this whole thing). Perhaps Marvel is leaving Stohl on board while they shop around for the right writer. Maybe they're waiting for the super-secretive MCU folks to clue them into the film's outline so they can plan a comic around those ideas, like Fraction did with Iron Man ten years back.

Or maybe at the end of the movie, they'll kill of Carol and surprise us all by having Kamala take over the mantle and the comics will follow suit! I mean, Captain Marvel is like the definition of meta-legacy in comics, it'd be almost fitting to do that with in movie. And no, I dont actually think this'll happen. No way. But you never know

Or maybe the house really is on fire and Im just not smelling the smoke. Time will tell. But I'm not worried about Carol remaining Captain Marvel right now. I think we're a ways off from things being so bad they completely rebrand her.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

How did you reach the conclusion that this was a slur?

You DO know that there are female MMA fighters, right?

I was talking about the body type.
    sure you were. that's why you used a Frank Cho picture; as if it was Carol's normal way of being depicted. and you didn't really answer the question. what's 'MMA' about her?