Page 706 of 822 FirstFirst ... 206606656696702703704705706707708709710716756806 ... LastLast
Results 10,576 to 10,590 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Just saw a commercial for the Winter Oylmpics starting skier Mikaela Shiffrin. In part of it she was wearing her Carol Danvers suit.
    Cool stuff, eh?
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05...lympics-promo/

Captain Marvel 128

This Star Trek Knock Off Mirror Universe Homage Parody ain't over yet? BoOoring.

Just another issue delay with all too familiar characters trying to shockertain readers by saying the exact opposite of what is expected of them. Yet it just came across a their predictable What If nature to say those lines. The story amounts to another issue delay of Real Carol trying to "save" the missing Throwaway Bean with a more circumventing story path. Now the Reality Stone is thrown into the alt-mix that should tease readers - to check out the upcoming Avengers Infinity Movie to see more of these artifact Stones. Goody Two-Shoes Thanos (and everyone, really) was all fumblebutt with it and as yet that the gemstone and crucial plot piece has brought no entertaining magic with it.

However, the very pleasant art helped keep me reading.

https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-128/
    DU4fOXJV4AAGZ3f.jpg

Invincible Member

I meant to say something yesterday but I got distracted by the Superbowl. But yeah..Sunday I saw a woman at the grocery store with her husband/boyfriend and she had this exact haircut.

She was maybe 50 and you could see the edges of her hair starting to tinge grey but other wise look just how I imagine what a real life Carol would like ( well, she could have been slightly taller).

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Love her style. Hope she's the first of many as the Captain Marvel movie draws near.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Has a comic book character not in the A-list ever hit such a level of social awareness without a big blockbuster movie driving it?

People are learning who Carol is, and they have been for years (this skier started wearing that suit last year, if not the year before, I believe) and her movie is still a year out, with not even a teaser trailer to its name.

Something about Carol is really resonating with people. And it only seems to be growing. Without a large media presence (yet). Has this ever happened before?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Has a comic book character not in the A-list ever hit such a level of social awareness without a big blockbuster movie driving it?

People are learning who Carol is, and they have been for years (this skier started wearing that suit last year, if not the year before, I believe) and her movie is still a year out, with not even a teaser trailer to its name.

Something about Carol is really resonating with people. And it only seems to be growing. Without a large media presence (yet). Has this ever happened before?
    Is Black Panther in the A-List?

Invincible Member

Well, the general public doesn't who Carol Danver is. She's really not popular unless you're a comics/cartoon fan. I think more people are learning though because they are aware that she's the star of the next big Marvel movie so they're like, "Maybe it'll be interesting, I wonder what she's about." I've women and girls on You Tube who normally review prose novels over the last couple of years review Carol trades because they were curious about "graphic novels" and someone recommended Carol, Ms Marvel, Saga etc.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Is Black Panther in the A-List?
    He's been a solid B-Lister for years but over the last few years he's been creeping into the A-List. The movie will probably solidify it.

T'challa was certainly introduced as you'd expect an A-List character to be. it was just him against the first family. he's a Lee/Kirby. of course, I guess it depends on whether you consider Namor to be an A-list character. I've always seen them to be on the same plane.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well, the general public doesn't who Carol Danver is. She's really not popular unless you're a comics/cartoon fan. I think more people are learning though because they are aware that she's the star of the next big Marvel movie so they're like, "Maybe it'll be interesting, I wonder what she's about." I've women and girls on You Tube who normally review prose novels over the last couple of years review Carol trades because they were curious about "graphic novels" and someone recommended Carol, Ms Marvel, Saga etc.
    I dunno, I think Carol started creeping into the social consciousness before the film was announced.

You're right that she's still not a known name, but her star started rising years ago.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Invincible Member

I dunno, I think Carol started creeping into the social consciousness before the film was announced.

You're right that she's still not a known name, but her star started rising years ago.
    The trade and digital readers made a real difference.

Expect a Carol story in the May solicits!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Invincible Member

I am skeptical of these events that are movie cash-ins...

WHO is on ART DUTY?
    I gotta know everyone who is drawing Miss Danvers.

Fantastic Member

https://news.marvel.com/comics/84225...oin-countdown/

Infinity countdown Captain Marvel # 1 will be written by Jim McCann and Diego Olortegui will be the artist.