Page 712 of 822 FirstFirst ... 212612662702708709710711712713714715716722762812 ... LastLast
Results 10,666 to 10,680 of 12326
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I don't think it's blanket misogyny per se, but it's definitely people parroting what they've seen on social media and taking it as an actual thing as opposed as the stupid joke that it started as. It was really a dig at "SJWs" supposedly taking away our sexy things, but for some odd reason it's only directed at Carol even though she's not the only female hero with short hair and she's definitely not the only one who wears a suit that covers her up. I don't think it's an accident that she's attacked as masculine and some fans see her as a "feminist".
    That's definitely true. Crystal has been sporting her short hair for pretty much the same amount of time as Carol now and there isn't even half of the same outcry. Carol has just been an easy target for trolls, probably due to her being more exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That's definitely true. Crystal has been sporting her short hair for pretty much the same amount of time as Carol now and there isn't even half of the same outcry. Carol has just been an easy target for trolls, probably due to her being more exposed.
    Crystal does look super-cute with the short hair, though. I just wanted it noted that she rocks that cut. Such a cute style for her. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    But she's not the first female Capt Marvel, she's the third. And I'd argue that they didn't stop drawing her sexy so much as that Greg Horn/Greg Land style over sexualization has been dialed back one notch. I still think that if any of the illustrations people post to show "Carl Manvers" had long hair, they wouldn't be saying she looks like a man.

I think Carol gets attacked because she along with a handful of other characters represents in the minds of some people change and/or forced diversity. Moon Girl "disrespects" Tony Stark and Reed Richards. Ms Marvel is a PoC agenda. Gay Ice Man...
    I know she's not the first female Captain Marvel (or even the second) but Monica's time with the title was a long time ago, and no one even knows who Phylla is. I'm fairly sure Carol's held the title longer than either of them at this point? Not sure how long Monica had it.

You're probably right about Carol being seen by some people as a representative of "forced diversity" or a "SJW agenda" or whatever. People annoy me. Representation isn't pie, there's enough to go around.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think it's partially that and partially Carol is a feminist and "feminism is cancer" to some people, so some fans feel the need to troll her about her looks.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Honestly I don't have an issue with Carol having short hair, it fits and makes sense, even if I prefer her with long hair.

That said I do have an issue with how she's been portrayed since KSD left. How has the current run been?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Honestly I don't have an issue with Carol having short hair, it fits and makes sense, even if I prefer her with long hair.

That said I do have an issue with how she's been portrayed since KSD left. How has the current run been?
    Mediocre. Not even bad. Bad is usually at least still interesting. Bad still gives you something to talk about. Stohl's Captain Marvel run has not been interesting enough to qualify as bad.

It is almost aggressively bland and forgettable. I plan on finishing the current arc, and then I'm dropping it.

Well, good news for Carol: She's now on the main Avengers team!

Jason Aaron and Ed McGuinness are the creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Mediocre. Not even bad. Bad is usually at least still interesting. Bad still gives you something to talk about. Stohl's Captain Marvel run has not been interesting enough to qualify as bad.

It is almost aggressively bland and forgettable. I plan on finishing the current arc, and then I'm dropping it.
    I agree with everything you say here. You've expressed my feelings better than I could. Hoping (actually, Praying!) the "Fresh Start" includes a new writer on Carol's solo series.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    I agree with everything you say here. You've expressed my feelings better than I could. Hoping (actually, Praying!) the "Fresh Start" includes a new writer on Carol's solo series.
    https://twitter.com/mstohl/status/965566634009100288

Sorry to kill your hopes so fast... I was sad when I saw it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, good news for Carol: She's now on the main Avengers team!

Jason Aaron and Ed McGuinness are the creative team.
    Hopefully Carol's used well here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    https://twitter.com/mstohl/status/965566634009100288

Sorry to kill your hopes so fast... I was sad when I saw it too.
    Errrggggggggggggg (and I'll probably still buy it, dammit)
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Finally she is back with the Avengers but Im not feeling the team or art

When it comes to the art, Steve and Thor look terrible on that cover, but I like how he draws Carol.

I'm down for it.

I like the streamlined, "Big 7" approach they're using here (plus the Rider) and I've enjoyed Aaron's Thor, plus McGuiness is a solid talent. Though I may have a bias there, he lives nearby and shops at the same LCS I do. Or he used to anyway, haven't seen him around in a long time.

It definitely gets a issue or three, if for no other reason than I need to get my Carol fix somewhere, and won't be going back to her solo until the quality jumps up a whole lot.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.