Page 721 of 822 FirstFirst ... 221621671711717718719720721722723724725731771821 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,815 of 12326
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, to the fair, Slade has Christopher Priest writing him. He's got a loyal following and is regarded as one of the most consistent, talented (yet unsung) writers around.

Carol has a writer who generates largely negative reviews and isn't a industry staple.

If Carol's book were better, and written by someone like Ellis, she'd certainly sell more than Deathstroke.

I wonder....does anyone have any sales data for Deathstroke from the New52 handy? I wonder how the books compare when Priest isn't writing one of them.....
    I haven't seen the numbers for Deathstroke. It's a great book, but the rumor is that it's not doing so hot sales wise.

I wouldn't even bother with this guy. He only comes here for his usual snarky "Carol's a flop" comments.

BANNED

I only report the numbers. Don't shoot the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Deathstroke has been a fan favorite since the 80's with multiple ongoing titles, mini-series, and spin-off characters. Who has established his own identity as a anti-hero outside of the Titans decades ago. Having less sales than him isn't really a bad thing
    Isn't Carol a fan favorite since the 70's, with multiple ongoing titles, mini-series, and spin-off characters? She should have him beaten.

I wonder....does anyone have any sales data for Deathstroke from the New52 handy? I wonder how the books compare when Priest isn't writing one of them.....
    Tony Daniel's Deathstroke was selling about the same as Priest's Deathstroke. I don't think Tony Daniel has that huge loyal following.

The latest data is from January 2018, when Carol's book was in issue 128, issue 13 of the current run if we ignore the legacy numbers. Comparing that with Deathstroke.

[2016] Deathstroke #13: 26,328 (Priest's run)

[2014] Deathstroke #13: 25,344 (Daniel's run)

[2017] Captain Marvel #128 (13): 12,201 (Stohl's run)

And the problem isn't Stohl. KSD's run, considered the most successful one, didn't even reach 13 issues. Those are the numbers of the 12th issue.

[2012] Captain Marvel #12: 18,344 (KSD's run).

Way bellow Tony Daniel's Deathstroke.

Again, don't shoot the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    I only report the numbers. Don't shoot the messenger.
    Don't act like you're not here just to throw shade. No one's asking for any numbers to be reported and we know about how Carol's selling right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Also, please don't introduce Chewie just to have Carol's home blown up or some insanity and Chewie dies and Carol goes full sparkle blast raaaaaahhhh-age on this Kree Skrull War.
    She'll think Chewie's dead, but it'll turn out she was just sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    And the problem isn't Stohl. KSD's run, considered the most successful one, didn't even reach 13 issues.
    Yes it did. She had 17 issues in the Marvel Now volume, then another 15 issues in All-New Marvel Now. The earlier volume did skip a month between issues 12 and 13. So you was looking on the wrong sales chart.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes it did. She had 17 issues in the Marvel Now volume, then another 15 issues in All-New Marvel Now. The earlier volume did skip a month between issues 12 and 13. So you was looking on the wrong sales chart.
    You are right. Her book wasn't published in May/2013, that's what confused me. Captain Marvel #13 was published in June/2013 and actually got a sales bump...

[2012] Captain Marvel #13 - 19,673
    ... but not enough to escape the cancelation threshold or outsell any Deathstroke series.

So, Stohl hardly is to blame for the bad sales, unless KSD is also to blame for the bad sales of her run. I'm afraid the problem runs deeper.

Incredible Member

Just want to point out that we're exactly one year away from the film being released. What a time to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Just want to point out that we're exactly one year away from the film being released. What a time to be alive.
    My wife cried through Wonder Woman when we saw it in theaters. She'd been waiting her whole life for that, and it had such a big impact on her.

My daughter isn't going to grow up like that. She's only four; she's never going to remember a world that doesn't have Wonder Women, Captains Marvel, and other strong females in her fiction and in her movies.

What a time to be alive, indeed.

EDIT: I've probably said this a dozen times on this thread. Sorry, it just makes me happy.
    Last edited by Ascended; 03-08-2018 at 06:28 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

My wife cried through Wonder Woman when we saw it in theaters. She'd been waiting her whole life for that, and it had such a big impact on her.

My daughter isn't going to grow up like that. She's only four; she's never going to remember a world that doesn't have Wonder Women, Captains Marvel, and other strong females in her fiction and in her movies.

What a time to be alive, indeed.

EDIT: I've probably said this a dozen times on this thread. Sorry, it just makes me happy.
    Naw man, say it loud and say it proud -- and hell, say it often. I can't speak for everyone, but I know that kind of reminder warms MY heart.

And it really IS amazing how these films are irrevocably changing the landscape, and personal lives, for film and proving how ART and the value of representation do have significant power.

Forgive the derailing(?) and continuation of discussing Wonder Woman's impact, but its relevant to Carol's film I feel --

My sister in law, who has zero interest in comics or superheroes saw Wonder Woman and was moved to tears and she told me "I didn't KNOW that I NEEDED that in my life, but I'm so glad I have it now"
    Additionally, a mother at the hospital I work at (A Children's Hospital) broke down in tears as we discussed how much we enjoyed Wonder Woman (a conversation spurred by my wearing a WW pin on my uniform) and how that film changed her life -- and #REALTALK, I FELT it too. The message of that film deeply resonated with me and has influenced my behavior with the general public significantly.

THIS is the value of heroes.

My sister in law, who has zero interest in comics or superheroes saw Wonder Woman and was moved to tears and she told me "I didn't KNOW that I NEEDED that in my life, but I'm so glad I have it now"
    Additionally, a mother at the hospital I work at (A Children's Hospital) broke down in tears as we discussed how much we enjoyed Wonder Woman (a conversation spurred by my wearing a WW pin on my uniform) and how that film changed her life -- and #REALTALK, I FELT it too. The message of that film deeply resonated with me and has influenced my behavior with the general public significantly.
    I know exactly what you mean. I saw Wonder Woman in theaters 7 times because I kept finding people who wanted to go.

After I saw it on opening night, I wrote up this big Facebook post explaining how much it meant to me and how overjoyed I was with it. Your story reminds me of my Aunt. Action movies, violent movies, superhero movies... she's not into any of that. But she saw what I wrote and expressed interest in going to see it. So, I took her. She loved it. It's amazing how that movie managed to reach so many people who never thought that "this kind of movie" could ever be for them.

Naw man, say it loud and say it proud -- and hell, say it often.
    I definitely do all of those things. Probably a little more than I need to.

So this news that Carol's film is going to do the whole "90's action movie" thing is.....I think I love it. I really had a great time with how terribly 80's Thor Ragnarok was in some parts, and "90's action movie" sort of.....fits.....with Carol. That over the top, slightly self-aware mix of humor and violence....hell yeah.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Variant covers for The Life of Captain Marvel #1!

CAPTAINMARVEL001_TAKEDA.jpg
    Sana Takeda

LifeOfCaptainMarvel-1.jpg
    Joe Quesada

zndulz1l3jk01.jpg
    Stanley "Artgerm" Lau

That Quesada variant is just *chef kisses fingers*

...basically all I got right now. Whaddaya want, a cookie?
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.