Page 727 of 822 FirstFirst ... 227627677717723724725726727728729730731737777 ... LastLast
Results 10,891 to 10,905 of 12326
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I was suggesting female alt rock bands like the Breeders (spinoff of the Pixies) and Veruca Salt. I would love the movie to open with the song Cannonball.
    "Volcano Girls!"

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    As long as it isn't the spice girls!
    You know, some cheesy girly pop wouldn't be totally out of place in Carol's movie. I could imagine some scene where maybe a friend or whoever is going through Carol's records and are like, "What's this?" and holds up a Debbie Gibson album and Carol is like, "Er um...I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THAT CAME FROM" then rushes over to put on some Joan Jett or something.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'll relaunch or reboot Carol to try and make her more into a gal straight-out-of-the 90's.
    I wouldn't be shocked but I think it'll be more superficial than anything. Like some of the artists might start drawing her to look sorta like Bree. Like Jessica Jones these days looks more Krysten Ritter-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    "Volcano Girls!"
    I've said before it should be the intro song.

Such an amazing song.

Though as I've also said, my biggest regret about it taking place in the '90s is that it can't feature Metric. I wanted Carol to have a The Clash At Demonhead poster on her wall, or sing a little "Black Sheep." Something to reference Brie Larson having played Envy Adams.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Could you imagine the opening movie credits with this song playing, though?

My biggest question with Veruca Salt is do you go with Volcano Girls or Seether?

Metric is indeed awesome, but entirely the wrong era.

ETA: If we're going with girl band 90s music suggestions, can I throw in some PJ Harvey for a bit of a deep cut?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKLiU7Hq93w
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 03-29-2018 at 06:55 PM.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    My biggest question with Veruca Salt is do you go with Volcano Girls or Seether?
    Oh, Volcano Girls, without question. Seether's awesome, but Volcano Girls is definitely the song you put on a soundtrack.

PJ Harvey? Damn, that is deep. Not Green Jelly or Gwar deep, but deep.

I've owned records by everyone of those bands.
    It took me two damn years to track down a decent Temple of the Dog cut! It was like my white whale. Weird story.

You know, some cheesy girly pop wouldn't be totally out of place in Carol's movie. I could imagine some scene where maybe a friend or whoever is going through Carol's records and are like, "What's this?" and holds up a Debbie Gibson album and Carol is like, "Er um...I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THAT CAME FROM" then rushes over to put on some Joan Jett or something.
    ......I could roll with that. We all have our hidden guilty pleasures. Mine's Van Canto. >shame!<
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I think Garbage needs to be on the soundtrack

As for a not 90s band that would be a great fit for Carol.. Halestorm.

Boss Logic strikes again
    IMG_20180329_230909.jpg
    Last edited by Seren; 03-29-2018 at 08:44 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I had a Green Jelly tape. It was the album with "Three Little Pigs" on it.

In retrospect, Green Jelly actually kinda sucked. They do not hold up.

Oh, and someone earlier said music today sucks. I disagree. I would argue there is more amazing music in the world today than ever before. It may not be mainstream, but it's not difficult to find. The issue is that the garbage of the past is forgotten. Because, look, I love a lot of '90s alt-rock bands. But there was a lot of utter garbage, too. Anyone else remember Ugly Kid Joe? If you wanna tell me that band was great, I'm going to have to call you a damn liar, because they sucked. (I used to like them. There's nothing wrong with enjoying them. But they sucked.)

And in every decade, there was **** like that. The '70s was full of music that is just unlistenable trash. But no one remembers it. That's how nostalgia works. We remember the good stuff, and forget that it was swimming in a pool of crap that is just painful to hear now. And you wanna know an extra secret? Some of the gold of the past? Also actually pretty bad, and only enjoyed because of nostalgia.

And there is still a wealth of amazing music being made. I will take Sleigh Bells over the entirety of the '80s. I will fight anyone who dares badmouth the Heartless Bastards. Hell, even Veruca Salt is still around, making music that's more mature than their '90s stuff, reflecting how much they've learned about making music in the past two decades.

I wanted to say all this because I hate nostalgia. Hate it. I think nostalgia is a lie, and a dangerous one.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I keep thinking that's the original run, not the Brian Reid run when I see the title. Not that I have any complaints - the Brian Reed run was my first time reading a Carol Danvers ongoing, but it's still frustrating.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Invincible Member

It took me two damn years to track down a decent Temple of the Dog cut! It was like my white whale. Weird story.

......I could roll with that. We all have our hidden guilty pleasures. Mine's Van Canto. >shame!<
    Check out the "Unhip Music" thread over in the community boards sometime

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I had a Green Jelly tape. It was the album with "Three Little Pigs" on it.

In retrospect, Green Jelly actually kinda sucked. They do not hold up.
    I think Three Little Pigs must be the song that introduced everybody to Green Jelly, lol.

And they did suck. They were not a talented band. But they were fun. Sorta like Gwar. Those guys are not the best musicians at all, but they put on a fun show.

Yknow who was a lot more talented than either of them who never, as far as I know, even made it that big? Rorschach Test.

As for the nostalgia thing, yeah, everyone forgets the crappy music of any decade. But I've yet to find any metal or rock that truly matches what we got in the 90's. Even setting aside the mountain of terrible music from the 90's, there's just nothing out there today that I've found which impresses me the same way. Trivium is great, so are a few other bands, but they seem to be very few and far between.
    Last edited by Ascended; 03-30-2018 at 07:30 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Check out the "Unhip Music" thread over in the community boards sometime
    ....that should be worth a laugh yeah?

~ Black Panther.

Invincible Member

....that should be worth a laugh yeah?
    Well, there's no shortage of corny pop songs. And full disclosure, I frequently post stuff there. Heck, most of the folks who do say, "I'm not embarassed to like blah blah here's this song"

http://community.comicbookresources....o-admit-liking