Page 733 of 822 FirstFirst ... 233633683723729730731732733734735736737743783 ... LastLast
Results 10,981 to 10,995 of 12326

I was actually thinking about the blue kree girl from the recent run lol. Thought her name was Kit for some reason LOL. I guess because someone compared her to Singularity a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I was actually thinking about the blue kree girl from the recent run lol. Thought her name was Kit for some reason LOL. I guess because someone compared her to Singularity a while ago.
    Ah. Yes. HER.

Yeah. Pass on her. Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    That is such a sweet moment. It's moments like this that makes KSD's run the one that made me a fan for Carol Danvers.
    I know right?

I liked Carol before KSD. But KSD made me love her.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

From the Marvel Comics August 2018 Solicitations:

THE LIFE OF CAPTAIN MARVEL #2 (of 5)
    MARGARET STOHL (W) • CARLOS PACHECO (A)
    Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    VARIANT Cover by ADAM KUBERT

THE DEFINITIVE ORIGIN OF CAPTAIN MARVEL!
    For years, Carol Danvers has been at the front lines, protecting Earth and her fellow heroes from harm. Then one visit to her childhood home changed everything. Now her brother’s in a coma, and until he’s safe, Captain Marvel…is standing down. But while Carol may not be looking for danger, it’s looking for her. A weapon has been unleashed. And Carol’s sleepy coastal town is about to become the center of its world. Margaret Stohl and Carlos Pacheco tear apart Captain Marvel’s whole universe in part two of an origin-defining tale!

CAPMARVLIFE2018002-cvr.jpg

CAPMARVLIFE2018002-Kubert-var.jpg
    Last edited by Koj☆; 05-22-2018 at 12:38 PM.

INFINITY WARS #1 & #2
    GERRY DUGGAN (W), MIKE DEODATO JR. (A/C)

As the Infinity Stones come to Earth, so too comes the war for control over them. But none who wield the stones know the truth about the power they contain...or what it would take to bring them to their END. The nature of the universe itself hangs in the balance as we learn the answer to the question on everyone's lips since "Infinity Wars Prime": WHO IS REQUIEM? Gerry Duggan (DEADPOOL, INFINITY COUNTDOWN) and Mike Deodato Jr. (ORIGINAL SIN, OLD MAN LOGAN) look into the Infinite and bring the truth to light!

infinitywars1a.jpg

infinitywars2a.jpg

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Can anyone think of the best issues for Carol's family history during the years? I figure some of it is from Rogue stories instead of Ms. Marvel, but I'm trying to figure out what to read before this mini.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Can anyone think of the best issues for Carol's family history during the years? I figure some of it is from Rogue stories instead of Ms. Marvel, but I'm trying to figure out what to read before this mini.
    The only ones I really know of are from the 1970's solo and a Brian Reed issue. From the 1970's solo: Ms.Marvel #13, 14 & 19. From Brian Reed's Ms. Marvel, #31.
    As far as Rogue stories go, all Rogue stuff I've read since 1981 there really isn't much of anything dealing with Carol's family history. One thing though, in a Rogue story, it's shown that Carol's youngest brother, who was killed in Vietnam, has his name inscribed on the Wall, the Vietnam War Memorial.
    Last edited by mikeb; 05-22-2018 at 04:19 PM.

The Rogue stuff I'm thinking about is when Carol takes over Rogue's mind and she ends up at their family house or something. It's been a long time since I've read it. Uncanny X-Men #182, if I'm not mistaken.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The Rogue stuff I'm thinking about is when Carol takes over Rogue's mind and she ends up at their family house or something. It's been a long time since I've read it. Uncanny X-Men #182, if I'm not mistaken.
    It was a cottage. Rogue took Michael Rossi there after she rescued him, Rogue was very tired and the memories of Rossi's voice were reacting with the persona in Rogue's sub-conscious. This was the only time this sort of thing happened until UXM#236 then Rogue and the Carol persona share Rogue's body until UXM#247.In UXM#247, Rogue ends up in the Seige Perious.14 months later, in UXM#269, Rogue and the Carol persona are sepperated and it's good-bye Yankee Witch!

Carol gets mentioned in Iron Man 600...
    spoilers:
    Because War Machine is reborn! Rhodey's back from the dead, I wonder when Carol will find out?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    That is such a sweet moment. It's moments like this that makes KSD's run the one that made me a fan for Carol Danvers.
    Lt Trouble! I wonder what would happen if Kit met Kamala? I bet Kit would remind Ms Marvel of her younger self, before she became a superhero. After all, they share that idolising of Carol, or at least did until Civil War II when Kamala became disillusioned (not only did it strain their relationship, it's also part of why the Champions exist).

And yeah, Singularity should've had her whereabouts explained by now. All the other A-Force members are now accounted for, so unless she shows up in Dazzler's one-shot, she's gone missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The Kree kid's name is Bean.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Because War Machine is reborn! Rhodey's back from the dead, I wonder when Carol will find out?
    end of spoilers
    Don't get me wrong. I'm happy, but it feels entirely too soon.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I hope we get a decent writer who gets to actually address the relationship between Carol and Rhodey and really develop it emotionally, whether it's a rekindling of a romantic one or just a coming to terms with their former one, it's affect on Carol when he was killed and her reaction to his revival. Really, I'd love to see an organic, mature relationship between them much like Brubaker's handling of Natasha and Bucky in his Captain America run. One can hope....
    end of spoilers
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    It was a cottage. Rogue took Michael Rossi there after she rescued him, Rogue was very tired and the memories of Rossi's voice were reacting with the persona in Rogue's sub-conscious. This was the only time this sort of thing happened until UXM#236 then Rogue and the Carol persona share Rogue's body until UXM#247.In UXM#247, Rogue ends up in the Seige Perious.14 months later, in UXM#269, Rogue and the Carol persona are sepperated and it's good-bye Yankee Witch!
    And neither character has been as interesting since. :-(
    I think the Carol/Rogue body sharing is an untapped counterpart to when the original Marv shared body with Rick Jones.

Danvers Summer house on the Cape was Uncanny X-Men 182
    https://uncannyxmen.net/comics/issue...1st-series-182
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-23-2018 at 04:32 PM.

The Kree kid's name is Bean.
    Thanks. Even her name is lame.