Page 741 of 822 FirstFirst ... 241641691731737738739740741742743744745751791 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,115 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I thought this was a flashback story.
    It has flashbacks from her past but also a story in the present. I'm assuming they're connected somehow.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I thought this was a flashback story.
    The format is identical to Black Widow: Deadly Origin and Hawkeye: Blindspot, the two other origin minis Marvel published to have out an origin story collected before they showed up in the movies. As I said in an earlier comment, I'm nervous about this approach because it didn't work that well at all in the prior two cases where Marvel attempted it.

It was kind of difficult for the authors to make the present-day story and the flashbacks flow into each other, and both timelines of storytelling tend to suffer, since the main story and flashbacks alike were rushed and compressed. Black Widow: Deadly Origin is probably the worse example of the two. Not only did it have the most complicated timeline to handle in the flashbacks, it was also introducing a bevy of retcons that other writers didn't notice because of how the flashbacks were told. (To this day, not a single writer except Marjorie Liu really understood the rearranged timeline that Deadly Origin created for Natasha Romanov's childhood.)

I'm hoping that The Life of Captain Marvel will turn out better because it has an extra issue to work with as compared to those earlier attempts, and because I have faith in how Stohl is talking about it. I still wish they had committed to setting it entirely in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    This came up briefly in the Minorities in Comics Thread a couple of days ago, but I was reminded of it again this morning when I logged on the interwebs...Folks are are making vids about how the Capt Marvel movie is going to be the most SJW Marvel movie yet and some are suggesting it will be a massive flop!

The movie is literally still in production and no one knows what the plot is, but some of these guys...
    Is it a woman? In a lead role? From Marvel?

That's all they need. And when it makes bucks people will ignore it or just bash it in every other way.

Kamala called her out hardcore this week.

Also, Tony Stark called her out too.

Rough week for Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post

Rough week for Carol.
    Kamala did kinda apologize for it, though. They certainly made up by the end of the issue. They're still friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    Is it a woman? In a lead role? From Marvel?

That's all they need. And when it makes bucks people will ignore it or just bash it in every other way.
    Exactly. Whatever they can cling to, really. "Why did Carol save a little GIRL from being crushed to death? Why'd it HAVE TO be a GIRL?? Also, Why was her MOM the one to give her advice? Of course her dad is painted poorly and her mom is GD saint. WTF???"

Oh you silly menziz and your silly fragiliteez

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post

Rough week for Carol.
    Yeah, I saw that too. On one hand, I'm glad Marvel isn't forgetting about the lingering effects of events like Civil War II. On the other, I think it's a little petty to hold that over Carol, especially given the context of the story. What more can she do at this point? It's not like the losses they suffered stuck. Rhodes is back and She-Hulk is back. I don't see why it's worth belaboring at this point.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Jen's powers are still on the fritz though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Preview for Sentry #1 (one of his sidekicks Sentress is an AU Carol):
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...view-sentry-1/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Captain Marvel and Hulk vs Ares form Marvel future Avengers

Interesting. I wonder if an english dub will ever be released.

I probably wouldn't buy it, since I'm not a cartoon guy, but if it was appropriate for my kids they'd probably be down for it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I think it's sad that even on the anime side Marvel cartoons are like very child-only stuff. Though tbh they tried more adult animes some time ago and it wasn't that good either.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

It's not a very high bar to clear, but I think that Future Avengers and honestly even Marvel Disk Wars are better than the Avengers Assemble cartoon and all the other recent efforts by Marvel Animation

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if an english dub will ever be released.

I probably wouldn't buy it, since I'm not a cartoon guy, but if it was appropriate for my kids they'd probably be down for it.
    Disk Wars never got an English release, so there's pretty much no chance that Future Avengers will either - unless Avengers: Black Panther's Quest is the last season of Avengers Assemble and they decide to dub the animes instead of making a replacement show for US audiences? I do think that's the reason they didn't dub them, they didn't want two Avengers cartoons running at the same time.

Found this on Twitter. Love the design and style. It perfectly blends Brie Larson's looks with Carol's in the comics.

CaptainMarvel.jpg
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.