Page 745 of 822 FirstFirst ... 245645695735741742743744745746747748749755795 ... LastLast
Results 11,161 to 11,175 of 12326
    Fantastic Member

https://www.newsarama.com/40802-life...1-preview.html

Here's a preview of Life of Captain Marvel # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Distraction View Post

I may be interpreting the art wrong, but from everything I've read about Carol, I thought she was the oldest of the 3 Danvers children.

Invincible Member

I am eager for this to come out.

omg yaaaaaaaaaaaaas at laaaaaaaaaaaast!!! Its TIME to get some GOOD CAROL up in this b**ch!

Also, also, also.... for interested parties, there was a recent(?) Women in Marvel podcast discussing hair and its importance and NATCH they brought up Carol and Sana Amnat confirmed that Carol's tresses will be GROWING OUT again in the very soon and they even spoke about how incredibly divisive the haircut was. LOTS of hate mail. Ooofta. Sad.

But I'm excited to get that flow back.

Knew it. Movie synergy. They'll probably give her a shoulder length style, which is what Carol had when she first became Captain Marvel, and matches Brie's look in the movies.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I may be interpreting the art wrong, but from everything I've read about Carol, I thought she was the oldest of the 3 Danvers children.
    I thought that too.

Looks great. Love the mixing of flashbacks. That gives context to what's happening to Carol in the present. I think her character needs something like this right now. With a movie coming up, I think it's important that Marvel establish who she is and what makes her tick. And if it can bring her cat, Chewy, into the mix, that'll be a nice bonus.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

what is carol's relationship, if any, with the Nova Corps? Did she ever know Richard Rider? What about Sam Alexander's father?

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Looks great. Love the mixing of flashbacks. That gives context to what's happening to Carol in the present. I think her character needs something like this right now. With a movie coming up, I think it's important that Marvel establish who she is and what makes her tick. And if it can bring her cat, Chewy, into the mix, that'll be a nice bonus.
    One question that needs to be asked is, if Carol lost all of her emotional ties to her past, then why are these flashbacks effecting her like they are?

I think the preview looks tremendous and adds a whole other layer to who and why she is.

I dig it muchly.

Gorgeous art too.

I love love looove the art. The colors, especially. I just looked and it's the same colorist from her guest appearance on Champions, that I posted some pages ago. I never thought about such thing as a definitive colorist, but I really like him LOL, especially comparing to the colorist on her previous run that I never really liked much.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I love love looove the art. The colors, especially. I just looked and it's the same colorist from her guest appearance on Champions, that I posted some pages ago. I never thought about such thing as a definitive colorist, but I really like him LOL, especially comparing to the colorist on her previous run that I never really liked much.
    I definitely think Definitive Colourist is a thing. Ian Herring defines the aesthetic of the Ms. Marvel comic. Line artists come and go, but Herring keeps a certain consistency. She always looks off to me when someone else colours her.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    One question that needs to be asked is, if Carol lost all of her emotional ties to her past, then why are these flashbacks effecting her like they are?
    Maybe it's set after Infinity Wars and the Stones restored her emotional connections?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

This looks fun! Still a little nervous about the format, but maybe the third time's the charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I definitely think Definitive Colourist is a thing. Ian Herring defines the aesthetic of the Ms. Marvel comic. Line artists come and go, but Herring keeps a certain consistency. She always looks off to me when someone else colours her.
    Oh yes, definitely. I would also name Betty Breitweiser as the definitive colorist for most of the cast in the later years of Brubaker's Captain America works.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe it's set after Infinity Wars and the Stones restored her emotional connections?
    That would be nice...

This preview is representing Carol’s father and her relationship with him wrong.Carol never hated her father, and he wasn’t this abusive, violent man. In his very first appearance Joe was shown to be heroic, rescuing a crewman from a falling pillar.

Joe Danvers.jpg

Even if he was shown as very stubborn and prideful he still genuinely cared for Carol wanting the best for her. The conflict between the two came from different perspectives of what was best and Carol understood this.

DM5peYbWAAAkVTY.jpg

Now presuming I could accept this version of there relationship as canon. That Joe Danvers was a violent man whom Carol grow up resenting (which she didn’t). I cannot accept Carol hating her father now because of her emotional detachment to her past (that some people on the forum have already noted). Carol really shouldn’t be able to feel anything towards her father, just a vague recollection that he used to yell at her.

Okay, so you might be asking “Why does any of this matter?” Well it all has to do with consistency. Carol’s biggest issue in the comics right now is her consistency, she doesn’t have a stable set of villains, supporting characters, no main love interest or arch villain. Even things like her relationship with her father can be seemingly changed on a whim by a writer. This is what needs to stop.

In conclusion, I implore anyone who believes that this character’s continuity matters to not buy this book.