Page 751 of 822 FirstFirst ... 251651701741747748749750751752753754755761801 ... LastLast
Results 11,251 to 11,265 of 12326
    Fantastic Member

http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...tain-marvel-2/

Here the preview for Life of Captain Marvel # 2

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

My theory for the story is that her father had an affair with an alien, but we'll see if I'm right.

I figure I should get my story idea written down before this book completely contradicts it. If I'm right about this book, I think part of the idea is to show that Carol was connected to all this alien stuff well before she met Mar-Vell. I've said before, if I could write for Marvel, I would write a book called "Captain Marvels" that paralleled Carol's life with that of Mar-Vell. It would show them both growing up, Mar-Vell joining the Kree space fleet as a soldier and Carol joining the Air Force. In the third issue, Mar-Vell would be battling on an alien planet as the Kree are trying to stop an alien invention. We see what the object is, but they escape before it gets destroyed. On Earth, Carol, in her AFSOI days as a secret agent, is trying to figure out a mysterious object as well. It turns out it's the same object. More importantly, it turns out that it's the Psyche-Magnetron that Yon-Rogg ended up getting his hands on.

By doing this story, my goal would be to make Carol more active in her own origin story and make the Psyche-Magnetron less something completely pulled out of their asses for that specific story.

Anyway, thought I would share this idea before the actual comics made it completely obsolete.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I'm guessing they are going to reveal than Carol always has been half kree and the Psyche-Magnetron only awoke their innate latent powers.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I'm guessing they are going to reveal than Carol always has been half kree and the Psyche-Magnetron only awoke their innate latent powers.
    That's my theory. I have no idea if that's a good idea or not, it depends on the execution. Of course, that would mean she's not related to her mother.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    That's my theory. I have no idea if that's a good idea or not, it depends on the execution. Of course, that would mean she's not related to her mother.
    Or...Carol's mother is really Kree.

Is the woman her father had an affair with not a separate woman or a red herring under your theory?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Or...Carol's mother is really Kree.
    You know, looking at the preview... her Mom said "looks like you're not the only one with super strength", Carol jokingly replies that she'll let the Avengers know. Of course, if she really was Kree and thus really DID have super strength, that joke would become a lot more serious.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You know, looking at the preview... her Mom said "looks like you're not the only one with super strength", Carol jokingly replies that she'll let the Avengers know. Of course, if she really was Kree and thus really DID have super strength, that joke would become a lot more serious.
    That's what I had in mind when I suggested this. Only problem is none of the sons ever developed powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Well, if Papa Joe did mate with a Kree gal, Carol may have siblings she may not know about. We don't know how far Papa Joe spread his seed! We could be in for something straight out of The Big Valley.

Carol having a half-Kree sibling would be an interesting dynamic. Presumably, they'd make the character a villain to expand her rogue's gallery.

This story feels much more of a character-driven story. I'm not sure I'd want her evil half-brother to show up or anything like that, but they could lay the foundation for future stories.

That's what I had in mind when I suggested this. Only problem is none of the sons ever developed powers.
    The Psyche-Magnetron easily explains that. Carol didn't have powers either until the incident with that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So how does the affair her father had fit into this?

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Sash sighted .

is that magazine released or it will be released???

To my knowledge that as been confirmed as not official at all?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast