Page 753 of 822 FirstFirst ... 253653703743749750751752753754755756757763803 ... LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,295 of 12326

Tom Brevoort confirmed on Twitter thatthe preview I linked isn't part of continuity and is it's own thing.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Yeah, X-Men Grand Design is it's own universe. The Marvel Database wiki seems to think it's recapping 616, when what it's actually doing is retelling the stories as if they were written now, so it's an AU.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, X-Men Grand Design is it's own universe. The Marvel Database wiki seems to think it's recapping 616, when what it's actually doing is retelling the stories as if they were written now, so it's an AU.
    Reading this Grand Design stuff feels more like the satire from old Mad magazines! (What me worry?)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I just read The Life of Captain Marvel #2. This story continued to exceed my expectations and raise the bar. If you're at all a Carol Danvers fan, this is another must-have.
    I picked up the first issue today. Finally a good art team! Okay, her first series as CM had some good moments, but since then the art has been lackluster. I'd love to see Pacheco on a regular series. Sauvage's art looked great as well in the historical sequences. The story, so far, was okay.

While I was happy to see Carol let her hair grow (hat that edgy cut on the cover), I think Carol still suffers from the same problem she's had since she became Captain Marvel. Her current uniform is just so lackluster and unimpressive. I think either or her Ms. Marvel outfits could have been updated to be both modern and dynamic. Captain America and Superman are icons -- and they can get away with the primary red and primary blue color scheme-- but even so, they don't look great -- but again, they are icons. I don't know why Marvel can't admit they made a mistake with this one, and let it go.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    official cover
    Attachment 69520
    If they made the star gold, it would stand out more. That's one of the many problems I have with her current outfit -- the star blends in with the stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    If they made the star gold, it would stand out more. That's one of the many problems I have with her current outfit -- the star blends in with the stripes.
    It's gold. We've seen it in all the official concept arts. Idk why people started saying this magazine's art was official...

Has this been posted before? I found an animatic pitch by Ben Bates for a Captain Marvel cartoon that didn't get off the ground:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Has this been posted before? I found an animatic pitch by Ben Bates for a Captain Marvel cartoon that didn't get off the ground:

I really enjoyed that. It kind of gives off a campy, fun vibe that reminds me of 80s cartoons, in a good way. If the movie ends up doing really well, perhaps Disney/Marvel will make an animated show like they did with GOTG and greenlight this pitch.

I don't think it'll happen. They will need new shows to replace the current ones, but X-Men must be a shoo-in, considering that now they're getting the movie rights back they'll want to promote them again. Can you imagine Spider-Man and Avengers not immediately getting like for like successors?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

I think they will make new Marvel animated series for Disney's new streaming

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

It seems that she is going to use that helmet in the movie
    uoDp9q8CrJi47fsA9Vf2N8Gew_wYWtRr_DoEl8kdH5Y.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I really enjoyed that. It kind of gives off a campy, fun vibe that reminds me of 80s cartoons, in a good way. If the movie ends up doing really well, perhaps Disney/Marvel will make an animated show like they did with GOTG and greenlight this pitch.
    I think they'd be more likely to re-brand the current Avengers cartoon into something Captain Marvel focused rather then actually doing a Captain Marvel cartoon, like they're doing with Black Panther.

Granted, Avengers Assemble is ending so who knows what's in store for Marvel Animation...

Yeah, other than Marvel Rising - which does include Carol - and Moon Girl, we don't know their plans. I definitely can't imagine Avengers not having a current cartoon though. Either they'll make something new or dub the animes (Disk Wars and Future Avengers).

Fantastic Member

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/09...inment-weekly/

Some Captain Marvel content coming tomorrow.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

BEHOLD!

Last edited by Blind Wedjat; 09-05-2018 at 09:24 AM.