Page 755 of 822 FirstFirst ... 255655705745751752753754755756757758759765805 ... LastLast
Results 11,311 to 11,325 of 12326

Awww...

Knew it was going to be just a re-colour of the green Kree suit but it still feels bad to finally see it. It's just too busy - all those extra lines/detailing/blocks on shiny material. Worst of all, no sash - although there is (now) speculation that she gets it later, say off of someone's dead body...

Still, nice to see Ronan and Korath again + Gemma Chan looking good as Minerva. Kree techno-viking and the Blue Afro also very cool. Bit disappointed Marv doesn't have his signature wavy hair though, and the Skrulls do look like something rejected from The Orville.

Still optimistic. Hopefully better stuff too come.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

Here is the EW article:
    https://ew.com/movies/2018/09/05/cap...nmentweekly_ew

It says that she already has her powers at the beginning of the film and is working with the Kree.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Here is the EW article:

It says that she already has her powers at the beginning of the film and is working with the Kree.
    Love how Brie looks in that uniform. Can't wait to see her in the trailer.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

She looks stunning with the uniform

Wow, that costume is an eye sore. It's just way too busy. They should have gone with the concept art and gone simpler and bolder. This just looks like a mess. Imagine being the artist that has to draw that. The Skrulls look like Inhumans rejects. Jude Law looks good, but why does he look like a human? I'm quite impressed with the de-aging tech they've got over there at Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    As usual, EW cover looks awful but the pic from the film looks so good! Her suit looks great.
    That suit looks good for a CW show, but not for a Marvel film.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Wow, that costume is an eye sore. It's just way too busy. They should have gone with the concept art and gone simpler and bolder. This just looks like a mess. Imagine being the artist that has to draw that. The Skrulls look like Inhumans rejects. Jude Law looks good, but why does he look like a human? I'm quite impressed with the de-aging tech they've got over there at Marvel.
    I believe Mar-Vell was surgically altered in order to spy on the Earth.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I take it we'll be seeing Starforce in the comics soon then?
    Star Force is from the comics.

Avengers: Operation Galactic Storm (it was the 90's...).

Captain Atlas
    Doctor Minerva
    Ronan the Accuser
    Supremor
    Ultimus
    Korath the Pursuer

The MCU team seems to be comics accurate too except for Carol's presence and the Supreme Intelligence's absence.

Maybe there's a Privatel Ultimus, too.

Man, it looks like Carol's transformation into Hal Jordan is complete

“She can’t help but be herself,” Larson tells EW. “She can be aggressive, and she can have a temper, and she can be a little invasive and in your face. She’s also quick to jump to things, which makes her amazing in battle because she’s the first one out there and doesn’t always wait for orders. But the [not] waiting for orders is, to some, a character flaw.”

“This is not a superhero who’s perfect or otherworldly or has some godlike connection,” says Boden, who’s the MCU’s first female director. “But what makes her special is just how human she is. She’s funny, but doesn’t always tell good jokes. And she can be headstrong and reckless and doesn’t always make the perfect decisions for herself. But at her core, she has so much heart and so much humanity — and all of its messiness.”
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Oh, some pretty intersting info. Didn't expect Minerva and Korath to be on a team with Carol. And adding Maria Rambeau and establishing she has a kid is some perfect set up for Monica Rambeau to appear later on the sequel on present day MCU. The way they talked about Mar-Vell, it doesn't look like he has the same powers as her? Or maybe he's not actually Mar-Vell, as they never officially confirmed it...

I think the costume looks great. It looks kinda ugly on the EW cover, but on the still from the actual movie it's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

“She can’t help but be herself,” Larson tells EW. “She can be aggressive, and she can have a temper, and she can be a little invasive and in your face. She’s also quick to jump to things, which makes her amazing in battle because she’s the first one out there and doesn’t always wait for orders. But the [not] waiting for orders is, to some, a character flaw.”

“This is not a superhero who’s perfect or otherworldly or has some godlike connection,” says Boden, who’s the MCU’s first female director. “But what makes her special is just how human she is. She’s funny, but doesn’t always tell good jokes. And she can be headstrong and reckless and doesn’t always make the perfect decisions for herself. But at her core, she has so much heart and so much humanity — and all of its messiness.”
    ...That's pretty much how she is on the comics though?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That's pretty much how she is on the comics though?
    Nope, they are describing the exact opposite of Carol. The person they are describing would be one of the first people Carol would have thrown in jail during Civil War 1 and 2. Carol tends to be an authoritarian. Hal Jordan is many things but an authoritarian he is not.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Nope, they are describing the exact opposite of Carol. The person they are describing would be one of the first people Carol would have thrown in jail during Civil War 1 and 2. Carol tends to be an authoritarian. Hal Jordan is many things but an authoritarian he is not.
    LMAO. Congrats, you read Civil War I and II so you obviously know Carol better than all her fans who actually read her comics could.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

She looks perfect!!!

The costume looks better than I feared it would. The EW cover isn't the best.....but I find that's usually the case. The still image is fine though. A lot of these costumes looks a million times better in motion than they do in still photos too.

All in all, very happy to finally have some pictures from the film! It's looking good, just as I've come to expect from Marvel. Hope we get a teaser trailer before the month's out.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    BEHOLD!

So I'm guessing they're going to use her hair to convey motion when she's in flight, given she's going sashless?
    Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    On the other hand, the Skrulls look like typical boring MCU aliens. I'm getting bad flashbacks to Malekith from Thor: The Dark World.
    The Skrulls remind me a lot of the Dark Elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Here is the EW article:

I'm curious to see how a human ended up working in an alien special forces organization.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The MCU team seems to be comics accurate too except for Carol's presence and the Supreme Intelligence's absence.
    I think if the Supreme Intelligence actually exists, this will be the movie that finally introduces it.

I was kinda thinking Superman with low impulse control, but I guess there are definitely similarities to Hal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Oh, some pretty intersting info. Didn't expect Minerva and Korath to be on a team with Carol. And adding Maria Rambeau and establishing she has a kid is some perfect set up for Monica Rambeau to appear later on the sequel on present day MCU. The way they talked about Mar-Vell, it doesn't look like he has the same powers as her? Or maybe he's not actually Mar-Vell, as they never officially confirmed it...
    I find it conspicuous that they still haven't confirmed who Jude Law is playing. His character description sounds more like a re-imagined Yon-Rogg then Mar-Vell.