Page 756 of 822 FirstFirst ... 256656706746752753754755756757758759760766806 ... LastLast
Results 11,326 to 11,340 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    LMAO. Congrats, you read Civil War I and II so you obviously know Carol better than all her fans who actually read her comics could.
    You asked for my opinion. I gave it.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    You asked for my opinion. I gave it.
    I said "That's pretty much how she is on the comics though?" after you said they were turning her into something she's not. That's not really asking an opinion.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Skipping her origin might be a good idea since, imo, she doesn't have a lot of agency so it doesn't make for a very heroic story. That being said, it doesn't mean we won't see her origin.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

They're most likely gonna show it on flashbacks. They say the movie starts with her already having powers and being part of the Starforce team in space... But we have set pictures of her on the Air Force.

Invincible Member

They're most likely gonna show it on flashbacks. They say the movie starts with her already having powers and being part of the Starforce team in space... But we have set pictures of her on the Air Force.
    I agree. I'm sure that's how it'll play out.
    Last edited by ed2962; 09-05-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    BEHOLD!

I think this Looks Amazing, FAR Better then I thought I would Turn out!

Has all the Colors the Comics have and even has a Feel of a Military Uniform, more then how it feels in the Comics which I feel the comics try to get across at times, that is some Excellent work the costume designers did to fit Carol's character!

She Looks So Good, I am Now VERY Hyped for this Movie and what she will bring in the Counter-Offensive against Thanos!

Very Happy for the Danver's Faithful Fanbase, This is AMAZING! =D
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I hope they explain why a human is working with the Kree

The leader, Jude Law's character, sees her as a protege. Of course, we all know he's Mar-Vell....
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Really interested in knowing how she gets her powers. It doesn't look like Mar-Vell or any of the other Kree have superpowers so I think we can count out the psycho-magnetron (her getting Mar-Vell's powers) or her having one Kree parent (also that would be too much like Star-Lord).

And yet in the interview Larson says that
    "You have this Kree part of her that’s unemotional, that is an amazing fighter and competitive,” Larson says. “Then there’s this human part of her that is flawed but is also the thing that she ends up leading by. It’s the thing that gets her in trouble, but it’s also the thing that makes her great. And those two sides warring against each other is what makes her her.”

So where does the Kree part come from and where do the powers come from are my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Skipping her origin might be a good idea since, imo, she doesn't have a lot of agency so it doesn't make for a very heroic story. That being said, it doesn't mean we won't see her origin.
    I think it's pretty clear by this point that they're giving her a very revamped origin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The leader, Jude Law's character, sees her as a protege. Of course, we all know he's Mar-Vell....
    I'm not sure if he's actually Mar-Vell now. The fact that they still haven't revealed who he's playing and the character description leads me to believe he might be someone else (Yon-Rogg?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Really interested in knowing how she gets her powers. It doesn't look like Mar-Vell or any of the other Kree have superpowers so I think we can count out the psycho-magnetron (her getting Mar-Vell's powers) or her having one Kree parent (also that would be too much like Star-Lord).

And yet in the interview Larson says that
    "You have this Kree part of her that’s unemotional, that is an amazing fighter and competitive,” Larson says. “Then there’s this human part of her that is flawed but is also the thing that she ends up leading by. It’s the thing that gets her in trouble, but it’s also the thing that makes her great. And those two sides warring against each other is what makes her her.”

So where does the Kree part come from and where do the powers come from are my questions.
    I think her powers come from Kree experimentation and the Kree mindset probably comes from that and the fact that she's been working with them.

Although why the Kree would accept a human into their military ranks, or why a human would end up being loyal to them, is a very interesting question to ponder.

BANNED

LMAO. Congrats, you read Civil War I and II so you obviously know Carol better than all her fans who actually read her comics could.
    Don't bother with him. He's very difficult and pretentious, he says stuff to get a rise out of people.

As for the photos, damn, everything looks perfect!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Here's a question guys. For most movies and all the TV shows, I usually read some Marvel in preparation. It doesn't always have to be directly on point. For Ant Man and the Wasp, I read the original Ghost appearance through Armor Wars (however, for Iron Fist Season 2, I read Power Man and Iron Fist up to isuse #90).

For Captain Marvel, I have been reading the original Captain Marvel and the first volume of Ms. Marvel. The plan was to read Captain Marvel through issue 18 and then start Ms. Marvel. However, I'm wondering if I should read the Kree/Skrull War. More importantly, in preparation for Avengers Infinity War, I'm reading all of Volume 1 of the Avengers. In a month or two, I'll hit Operation Galactic Storm. Here's my question. Since I read that story about a year and a half ago, I was originally planning on skipping it since I remember it being overly long and meandering. However, with the revelation that Star Force is in the movie, I'm considering reading it again. Do people think I should go ahead and do that?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Nope, they are describing the exact opposite of Carol. The person they are describing would be one of the first people Carol would have thrown in jail during Civil War 1 and 2. Carol tends to be an authoritarian.[
    She's massively out of character in both of those poor attempts at stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Perhaps their connection will be deeper than that. Perhaps the movie WILL reveal that Jude-Vell is in many ways responsible for her half-Kree side, and in response to that opts to bring Carol back to Starforce and train her rather than leave her on Earth to fumble through this new super powered chapter of her life. Maybe her memory of the events (aka super origin) are all wonky and Jude-Vell's dedication to Carol is partly driven by guilt, having altered her life so dramatically?

Man, it looks like Carol's transformation into Hal Jordan is complete

“She can’t help but be herself,” Larson tells EW. “She can be aggressive, and she can have a temper, and she can be a little invasive and in your face. She’s also quick to jump to things, which makes her amazing in battle because she’s the first one out there and doesn’t always wait for orders. But the [not] waiting for orders is, to some, a character flaw.”

“This is not a superhero who’s perfect or otherworldly or has some godlike connection,” says Boden, who’s the MCU’s first female director. “But what makes her special is just how human she is. She’s funny, but doesn’t always tell good jokes. And she can be headstrong and reckless and doesn’t always make the perfect decisions for herself. But at her core, she has so much heart and so much humanity — and all of its messiness.”
    I understand the natural inclination to make such a correlation (I certainly acknowledge them myself) given their similarities, but THESE personality descriptions could really apply to MANY heroes we've read in the past and/or continue to read. haha. With respect: Wise cracking, quick tempered, brash with a heart of gold(?) isn't exactly unique to JUST Hal and Carol. haha.
    Last edited by Fokken; 09-06-2018 at 04:31 AM.